• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will Iskandar be like this? Wishful thinking ...

attachment.php

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all have a choice. Buy a 800 sq ft condo or buy a Horizon Hills Bungalow in Iskandar 5000 sq ft at the same price. :smile:It is an unusual occurrence in today's lacklustre private residential market but a condominium launch over the weekend drew a red-hot response from buyers with close to 90 per cent of units sold.Lake Grande, a 710-unit condo along Jurong West Street that is being developed by MCL Land, released 500 units for sale last Saturday.About 87 per cent of these units - 436 in total - were sold at an average price of $1,368 per square foot.Koh Teck Chuan, chief executive of MCL Land, said 83 per cent of the transactions were for the one- and two-bedroom units.Seventeen out of every 20 buyers are Singaporeans.- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/sold-436-units-jurong-west-condo-launch#sthash.4Z2Qb7Hh.dpuf

It's just me. I will never pay sgd 1m + to live in a lake view condo which has boon lay way in front. If you have used boon lay way before, you will know how busy is that road, it's total 6 lanes in both directions. It will drive me crazy just by the noise from that road.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just me. I will never pay sgd 1m + to live in a lake view condo which has boon lay way in front. If you have used boon lay way before, you will know how busy is that road, it's total 6 lanes in both directions. It will drive me crazy just by the noise from that road.

True, true but did you see the crowd over the weekend? It was HUGE, looks like everyone read Ringo33's postings at Condosingapore, and all those who did not heed him and mocked him when he bought Jurong Gateway, now all rushing to catch the boat in the West.

My West is now OZ.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's not for you to live inside, it's for you to make money from it, if you think like an investor.

New SG properties these days are not comfortable for people to live inside. If you want to buy a home for own stay, better to go for older resale HDB flats which are huge even for their 4 or 5 room flats, spend good money to renovate it, and you'll have a fantastic space and decor inside. Better lifestyle than any stupid $1mil tiny condo.

The million dollar question is: Would you pay S$800k to invest in a small SG condo with not so good environment that can possibly make you S$1.5mil in 10 years' time, or you rather pay S$300k for a condo in Iskandar but 10 years later, you may still be stuck with it with negative returns?

Maybe to live in it, you might choose the second option, but for me, the first option is the better choice.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not for you to live inside, it's for you to make money from it, if you think like an investor.

New SG properties these days are not comfortable for people to live inside. If you want to buy a home for own stay, better to go for older resale HDB flats which are huge even for their 4 or 5 room flats, spend good money to renovate it, and you'll have a fantastic space and decor inside. Better lifestyle than any stupid $1mil tiny condo.

The million dollar question is: Would you pay S$800k to invest in a small SG condo with not so good environment that can possibly make you S$1.5mil in 10 years' time, or you rather pay S$300k for a condo in Iskandar but 10 years later, you may still be stuck with it with negative returns?

Maybe to live in it, you might choose the second option, but for me, the first option is the better choice.

I wish I can think like an investor, but I am not qualified. I am out of my league. Haiz...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not for you to live inside, it's for you to make money from it, if you think like an investor.New SG properties these days are not comfortable for people to live inside. If you want to buy a home for own stay, better to go for older resale HDB flats which are huge even for their 4 or 5 room flats, spend good money to renovate it, and you'll have a fantastic space and decor inside. Better lifestyle than any stupid $1mil tiny condo.The million dollar question is: Would you pay S$800k to invest in a small SG condo with not so good environment that can possibly make you S$1.5mil in 10 years' time, or you rather pay S$300k for a condo in Iskandar but 10 years later, you may still be stuck with it with negative returns?Maybe to live in it, you might choose the second option, but for me, the first option is the better choice.
If you don't want to live inside, why would you think your tenants or potential buyers would like to live in?I think the bigger question is do you have the S$800k cash. If you borrow to buy, then you are paying interest apart from the initial downpayment. After 10 years, what is the amount of compounded interest going to be. The saying goes, the opportunity is there. But you do not have the money. Then is it as good as not an opportunity.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you don't want to live inside, why would you think your tenants or potential buyers would like to live in?I think the bigger question is do you have the S$800k cash. If you borrow to buy, then you are paying interest apart from the initial downpayment. After 10 years, what is the amount of compounded interest going to be. The saying goes, the opportunity is there. But you do not have the money. Then is it as good as not an opportunity.

You are not thinking like an investor! Or maybe you're not too familiar with SG properties.

There are many people here who can't wait to live in condos after decades of living in HDB flats. They are not like Malaysians. So you've seen why so many Singaporeans rushed to buy expensive (by Malaysian standard, but cheap to Singaporeans) Johor condos in the past few years. Ask any Johoreans, they will be shocked and say "Mad la, these foreigners, I'd rather buy a landed house for that price."

In land scarce SG, people would love to "upgrade" (a dirty word to me) from a big HDB flat and move to a much smaller condo for the status and pride of owning one. As an investor, yes I'm not interested to live inside such a cramped housing, but there are MANY others who will. I just want to make money.

Moreover, it's easier for you to find tenants for the smaller condos, such as foreigners who work here. They don't need a big space. And capital appreciation is there in future.

I remember you are not into borrowing money from the bank. I'm actually very surprised. Maybe you're thinking in terms of the high interest rates from Malaysian or other foreign banks. Or you're the very traditional rich type who pays almost everything in cash.

For Malaysia, I agree it's a tough decision. Unless a property is damn hot, it doesn't make sense to borrow, you incur heavy interest and later even find you're stuck with the property due to oversupply and not making money.

In SG, it's different. At only 1.5% to 2%, it's silly not to borrow when your rental income (ROI) exceeds that, with future capital appreciation possibly reaching 50-100%. This gives even commoners the opportunity to invest and use the bank's money to make more money.

As for the rich (which you know many Singaporeans are), I won't be surprised if they can pay $800k in full cash and then watch their money grow. For those of us not so rich, definitely this is a viable investment by borrowing from banks.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish I can think like an investor, but I am not qualified. I am out of my league. Haiz...

Don't compare and you'll be a happier person. :smile: Important to live within your means.

You've chosen your path to buy a landed house and a condo in Johor. You're living in a bigger house already and that is your motivation.

Other Singaporeans want to retire earlier or simply make more money so they invest in SG properties rather than buy Iskandar properties for their own use.

No right or wrong. Only you know best what is best for yourself.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not thinking like an investor! Or maybe you're not too familiar with SG properties.

There are many people here who can't wait to live in condos after decades of living in HDB flats. They are not like Malaysians. So you've seen why so many Singaporeans rushed to buy expensive (by Malaysian standard, but cheap to Singaporeans) Johor condos in the past few years. Ask any Johoreans, they will be shocked and say "Mad la, these foreigners, I'd rather buy a landed house for that price."

In land scarce SG, people would love to "upgrade" (a dirty word to me) from a big HDB flat and move to a much smaller condo for the status and pride of owning one. As an investor, yes I'm not interested to live inside such a cramped housing, but there are MANY others who will. I just want to make money.

Moreover, it's easier for you to find tenants for the smaller condos, such as foreigners who work here. They don't need a big space. And capital appreciation is there in future.

I remember you are not into borrowing money from the bank. I'm actually very surprised. Maybe you're thinking in terms of the high interest rates from Malaysian or other foreign banks. Or you're the very traditional rich type who pays almost everything in cash.

For Malaysia, I agree it's a tough decision. Unless a property is damn hot, it doesn't make sense to borrow, you incur heavy interest and later even find you're stuck with the property due to oversupply and not making money.

In SG, it's different. At only 1.5% to 2%, it's silly not to borrow when your rental income (ROI) exceeds that, with future capital appreciation possibly reaching 50-100%. This gives even commoners the opportunity to invest and use the bank's money to make more money.

As for the rich (which you know many Singaporeans are), I won't be surprised if they can pay $800k in full cash and then watch their money grow. For those of us not so rich, definitely this is a viable investment by borrowing from banks.

Yep yep as long as rental roi higher than bank interest, that is called leverage, use bank money to help you make money.

But the reverse holds true in Johor, bank interest high and rental roi usually zero and yet still people call that investment.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep yep as long as rental roi higher than bank interest, that is called leverage, use bank money to help you make money.

Yup, glad you understand that.

Tekkun is too rich la. I have heard such people who never even want to lose 1 or 2% of their money to the banks. Respect. Got to be really loaded with cash to think that way.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are an true investor who know how to live within your means without fantasies. You invest within your limits. :smile:

Wah...I don't think the investor label can be rightly applied to me....pai seh. If I have got piles of money stashed in the bank which I am free to put where I like, then maybe can still wear the label.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the reverse holds true in Johor, bank interest high and rental roi usually zero and yet still people call that investment.

Yes, sadly, that's true. They use their hearts rather than heads to think.

Those who rushed in to buy in the last few years, I think they'll be bitten hard, especially those who are not rich enough to hold.

4.5% interest rate vs 0% rental due to oversupply and lack of tenants. It's not for investment. The worst part is if there is no exit possibility.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

So it is "pau chiak" investing in Singapore. :biggrin:
I was right all along. Iskandar is not for Singaporeans. Please go back to where you come from.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't compare and you'll be a happier person. :smile: Important to live within your means.

You've chosen your path to buy a landed house and a condo in Johor. You're living in a bigger house already and that is your motivation.

Other Singaporeans want to retire earlier or simply make more money so they invest in SG properties rather than buy Iskandar properties for their own use.

No right or wrong. Only you know best what is best for yourself.

Not comparing, just coveting. LOL! :biggrin:

To be frank, I did not buy what I could afford to, but rather what I was allowed to, if you get what I mean. Had the banks not approved the loans (and as I said it was a miracle that they did), it would have been a "no go" from the start, and neither would I be sharing my opinions and thoughts here.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, glad you understand that.

Tekkun is too rich la. I have heard such people who never even want to lose 1 or 2% of their money to the banks. Respect. Got to be really loaded with cash to think that way.

Cannot compare to rich Singaporeans who can make money out of everything.
Malaysians is the 3rd world country, remember? Our banks see us no up. They think we are the liabilities to the economy. So we keep our coins in milo tins.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

But wouldn't that be the financial environment in the country over which people have no control? Everybody who takes a housing loan in Malaysia would be paying interest of 4.X%, whether Malaysian or foreigner, am I right? In that sense, I think Malaysians have an advantage as investors because they do not need to buy expensive condos to rent out as their loans are lesser, monthly mortgage also lesser, and maybe rentals can also cover. Foreigners would lose out, maybe with few exceptions.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
But wouldn't that be the financial environment in the country over which people have no control? Everybody who takes a housing loan in Malaysia would be paying interest of 4.X%, whether Malaysian or foreigner, am I right? In that sense, I think Malaysians have an advantage as investors because they do not need to buy expensive condos to rent out as their loans are lesser, monthly mortgage also lesser, and maybe rentals can also cover. Foreigners would lose out, maybe with few exceptions.

Control your household debts and you will have better quality of life.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the ROI and bank interest rates are not favorable, means that country is not suitable for investment, you still have control as an investor not to invest. Only dummies would not know how to forecast ROI vs bank interest and still make decisions to invest in that country.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it is "pau chiak" investing in Singapore. :biggrin:
I was right all along. Iskandar is not for Singaporeans. Please go back to where you come from.

Aya Mr rich man, not everyone is rich enough to invest in Singapore, also have to consider ABSD which makes Singapore unattractive too.