• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The glory days of Orchard Road to Raffles Boulevard are over. 2016 and 2017 will be very challenging years for retail.
You may see less people in the city malls, but many heartland malls and shops have flourished and that is the main reason for drawing away the locals from the city malls.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The glory days of Orchard Road to Raffles Boulevard are over. 2016 and 2017 will be very challenging years for retail.

With the proliferation of budget airlines a decade ago, I know our retail scene will be under pressure over time as consumer will shop overseas so as to deprive govt the 7% gst

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article is for those who only want to hear the good things, especially on a weekend.

http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/05/144062/investment-haven-making
I not only want to hear good things, but also want to see and experience good things. Please materialize them as soon as possible. Overall, I would say that this assessment is not only deceivingly biased, but also overly "optimistic", especially when quote: "Ahyat expects by the second half of Iskandar Malaysia’s 20-year master plan, property prices in the region could double those in Greater Kuala Lumpur, driven by the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) and Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS)."

The above quote was from Ahyat Ishak, author of the best-selling property book “The Strategic Property Investor”. Of course it isn't surprising to expect him to say as such. But how many can really believe that "property prices in Iskandar could double those in Greater KL"? He talked like as if KL is at a standstill today, ROFL.

In addition, there's again the mention of these successes still being linked to Singapore's spillover effect, translating into a prosperous Singapore. I wonder how lame it is for some forumers here to keep on harping that Johor doesn't need to depend on Singapore's success? For me, I would humbly say it is at least 70% dependent. Remember: "Prosper thy neighbor."

Last edited:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I not only want to hear good things, but also want to see and experience good things. Please materialize them as soon as possible. Overall, I would say that this assessment is not only dangerously biased, but also overly "optimistic", especially when quote: "Ahyat expects by the second half of Iskandar Malaysia’s 20-year master plan, property prices in the region could double those in Greater Kuala Lumpur, driven by the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) and Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS)."

The above quote was from Ahyat Ishak, author of the best-selling property book “The Strategic Property Investor”. Of course it isn't surprising to expect him to say as such. But how many can really believe that "property prices in Iskandar could double those in Greater KL"? He talked like as if KL is at a standstill today, ROFL.

In addition, there's again the mention of these successes being still link to Singapore's spillover effect, translating into a prosperous Singapore. I wonder how lame it is for some forumers here to keep on harping that Johor doesn't need to depend on Singapore's success? For me, I would say it's at least 70% dependent. Remember: "Prosper thy neighbor."

Agreed prosper thy neighbour but if the Gahmen do not want to cooperate on the connectivity, Iskandar do not have any choice. People cannot come. One sided love affair is sure to frustrate. It is best to move on naturally. If it come, it come, if it doesn't, so be it. We have to plan for worst case scenario. The Gahmen is not going to have pity on the investors in Iskandar.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed prosper thy neighbour but if the Gahmen do not want to cooperate on the connectivity, Iskandar do not have any choice. People cannot come. One sided love affair is sure to frustrate. It is best to move on naturally. If it come, it come, if it doesn't, so be it. We have to plan for worst case scenario. The Gahmen is not going to have pity on the investors in Iskandar.
What do you do when your girlfriend (now your wife) kept rejecting you during your initial courtship period with her? Use some common sense lah. Both parties need to be beneficial right? I'd always believe that "1 sided love" will never last.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a natural synergy for Iskandar to BOOM.
Without Singapore, Iskandar can also GROW. Albeit at a slower pace...
KL & Penang did not become what it was relying on Spore. Iskandar can also emulate them.
Despite all the nepotism, cronyism, corruption etc. Msia is still doing Fine. Will continue to do well going forward.
If she is able to FIX most of the above few Large Flaws which are common in ASEAN nations. Who knows how much she can Achieve.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Without Singapore, Iskandar can also GROW. Albeit at a slower pace...
Please keep reminding this, and with proven statistical figures, to those editors and writers of all the news, articles and reports pertaining to Iskandar's present and future success. I'm also sick of them always having to emphasize on the spillover effect from Singapore. It's good to have your own backbone instead.

Never have I said that Iskandar must be fully dependent on Singapore, but only at least 70% is my humble assessment.

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Editors & Writers of the Real Estate industries are not much different to what we have in SG's.
End of the Day it's up to us where we want to place our chips and why. So many personal factors involved.
But anyone Jumping in thinking of a Quick Buck (Under 5 years) needs get their Head check. It's not happening.
Then again there is no Denying that Local Investments in Iskandar is 60% or 120b to date. And the 40% FDI is not all from SG.
All these Investments, population growth and inflation coupled with an active/pro Biz State Administrators, the future to me, & i STRESS to me Only, is quite clear.

:biggrin:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the S$ is so strong. So people must be rich, economy good..well at least according to some here.
MY very weak so people poor lor.

Singapore economy is into its next structural adjustment phase where it is critical for SG to succeed in upgrading to a very innovative economy in various industries in order to be ahead of most other countries especially China. The gdp is weak now but the govt and forex reserves are huge, enough for decades of prime pumping the economy, gdp , employments,..if necessary. The key question is whether SG could come out ahead again. It is a do or die thing for SG.

Sgd strength imho is due to mas policy and market confidence traditionally built from sg's vast reservoir of good reputation and goodwill.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I not only want to hear good things, but also want to see and experience good things. Please materialize them as soon as possible. Overall, I would say that this assessment is not only deceivingly biased, but also overly "optimistic", especially when quote: "Ahyat expects by the second half of Iskandar Malaysia’s 20-year master plan, property prices in the region could double those in Greater Kuala Lumpur, driven by the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore high-speed rail (HSR) and Johor Baru-Singapore Rapid Transit System (RTS)."

In addition, there's again the mention of these successes still being linked to Singapore's spillover effect, translating into a prosperous Singapore. I wonder how lame it is for some forumers here to keep on harping that Johor doesn't need to depend on Singapore's success? For me, I would humbly say it is at least 70% dependent. Remember: "Prosper thy neighbor."

Yah man... I keep hearing them play the news like a broken record. The strategy is always similar:

1. They will say how many billion RM of investments have been poured into Iskandar.

2. They will quote names of some developers who are already there. I dunno how many times I have heard the names UEM Sunway, Mah Sing, Sunrise, etc. Sometimes, I even mix up Sunrise or Sunset?! Then I think, cannot be Sunset, cos that doesn't sound right. :smile:

3. Then they will say what is already there: Legoland (Aiyoh....seriously, I hear this name more times than I spell my own name), some hospital, universities, Pinewood Studios, Industrial park.....

4. Next is, they will say HSR and RTS will be the "game changer". These will boost the whole place like you get extra lives and bonuses when you play computer games. Stupid for those who cannot see that these 2 will make it an almost sure win investment into Iskandar. But then hor..... are the discussions even well underway or is there a specific timeline given when they will be ready? What are the difficulties involved?

5. Like it or not, Singapore will be mentioned. Iskandar's success is linked to its proximity with Singapore. Traveling is not a problem. Just neighbours. Cross over nia....Uh, via helicopter or private jet? No jams?

6. Then somehow, the prediction will be, Singapore property prices are not sustainable. Stay in Singapore and you will be doomed! Sure there will be people moving over to Johor to stay. So Iskandar will HUAT.

Finally, some jokers like Ahyat (he's a nice guy, joker in real life also as he likes to talk in a light-hearted manner, but trust him or not, I leave it to you), Ishmael, and others who promote Iskandar will quote some unverified figures like: I think properties in Iskandar will shoot up in prices 2x, 3x, in the next few years.... Iskandar will be the next big thing after KL.... Iskandar will be the 2nd greatest city after KL.....

I have nothing against Iskandar. As some wisely advised here, open your eyes BIG BIG. Buy a unit there if you really like the place and if it really fits your needs. But listening to all those property people advertise so freely like that... I dunno man. After all, if Iskandar can't move fast, their businesses are affected also.

All I know is, when I went to some parts of Iskandar, the situation is not as rosy as what is being painted. Far from it.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which irresponsible gahmen are you referring to?
The RTS proposal - SG side had ALREADY made provision for the RTS Terminal, which will be next to the Woodlands North MRT station which is the last station on the Thomson Line, from Woodlands North to the city and onwards to Marine Parade.
Construction for this station had already started last year.
So far, any news form MY side on this RTS?
Any confirmation on where will be the terminal station in JB?
As for the HSR, the Terminal was also being confirmed to be in Jurong East and the site allocated.
So who just talk and no action and who is just sitting on their S ?

Merlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RTS proposal - SG side had ALREADY made provision for the RTS Terminal, which will be next to the Woodlands North MRT station which is the last station on the Thomson Line, from Woodlands North to the city and onwards to Marine Parade.
As for the HSR, the Terminal was also being confirmed to be in Jurong East and the site allocated.
Of course the Malaysian government lah. Lol.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's why, never trust the Malaysian Government in doing anything right or on time, it's in their culture, I am surprised anyone can actually invest in residential property in Johor. Oh I forgot, maybe only 5 people in Singapore believe in their government and their plans and they are the only ones posting in this thread.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, you are not being fair to Iskandar. Here's why:

"You have to be fair to Iskandar as housing was never part of its main draft. The crux of its investment was more on services, hospitality and manufacturing as well as allocations for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).

The investments we are interested in are not housing and this is why we have called in Pinewood and Legoland to Iskandar. That is the main investment strategy but because of all these, foreign developers think there is a demand for their properties and that is not happening.

“This is what’s happening and they have to live with it. If they are willing to take the risk then we can’t stop them,” the senior Umno lawmaker said.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ee-foreign-optimism-meeting-poor-local-demand

Funny that this UMNO guy, whoever he is, said housing was never part of their interest for Iskandar. Yet, I wonder, didn't the authorities themselves sell so much land to the developers to build those tens of thousands of condos?

And they kept emphasizing Iskandar is for manufacturing, services, other businesses, education, etc. I keep hearing Legoland. Like Iskandar depends so much on it. But when I went around, I saw a lot of empty land and most of those still under construction are actually condos. My friend told me Ascendas industrial park was completed months ago but the whole place was empty. Is this true?

Got RISKS if you buy Iskandar properties, as warned by the UMNO guy. Not me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for RTS, this is the rebuttal from Singapore after the Johor side accused Singapore of delaying it!

"The suggestion that Singapore has been delaying progress on the RTS link is incorrect. Singapore informed Malaysia in June 2011 that the RTS terminus in Singapore would be located at Woodlands North near Republic Polytechnic," said a spokesperson from the ministry. "However, to date, Singapore has not received official confirmation of the location of Malaysia's RTS terminus in Johor Bahru."

http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...ss-rts-link-between-woodlands-and-johor-bahru

The article was published last year. In 2011, Singapore was already all prepared to get the ball rolling. 4 farking years and the Johor side still ding-a-dong-dong. Maybe it could have been ready by the original dateline 2018 if they moved their lazy bums and stopped making excuses. Now we know which side is causing all the problems. If you go to Woodlands, you can see Singapore's side is well underway. It's really a pity that things get delayed like that.

Someone reminded me the Channel Tunnel linking UK and France was actually proposed all the way back in 1802!!! But work started only more than century later and completed in 1994!!!

Singapore's own Circle Line MRT was first conceptualized in the 1980s, started construction in 2002, and completed in 2011. Imagine, this is within Singapore itself and planning was done by the efficient SG government.

So ermmm... RTS? HSR? These are cross-country projects involving 2 totally different countries and governance.

We may not even see them in the next few decades! Haha... Where got so simple.....

That previous article http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/05/1...t-haven-making is highly deceptive. I think they are just trying to push unsuspecting people to buy more Iskandar properties in this very slow market with so much oversupply.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
You missed the key words "premium residential properties in Iskandar". Of coz la, if i were the developer, i will build and build the premium during the bull run, jin ho tan..:o

Opss..did you guys grab the bull horns or tail?:p

I picked up the big bull penis..:p

Last edited: