• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property News

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely agreed. In bad times, money in my own pocket is anytime better than those in the bush.
RM 1.0m give you RM 3,743 per month based on 4.2% FD. It is good rate in Malaysia. Even Singapore Gov. Bonds give you only 1.7% only.

I find reits in sgx also offer good yields(about 5% to 9%) and are part of my diversified relatively lower risks investments. With such yields(compounded) an investment could doubled every 10 years or so. Not a bad return to me for a much easier investing method.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, they are desperate to sell even at loss, right? So you think there will be buyers at such fire sales prices?

Desperate also not to this extent. Then in the first place, they will have to question why buy the property for? So what if they can find buyers at this kind of price? Which means many future buyers are looking at such high losses?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And this is in Bt Indah, a relatively vibrant place.

Those coming up in Medini and Danga Bay will be a lot worse.

Puteri Harbour maybe safer but not spared also if one is strictly trying to sell as investment.

Medini does not have RM1.0 million ruling.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desperate also not to this extent. Then in the first place, they will have to question why buy the property for? So what if they can find buyers at this kind of price? Which means many future buyers are looking at such high losses?

One word....Kiasu cannot get a unit and all try to make fast money by flipping. Now become roti prata.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Medini does not have RM1.0 million ruling.

Yes, They are better in that sense. But they do pay a price in other aspects. Eg, not freehold and the prices all hiked up already when they bought.

At RM750-800k psf, is it easy to find buyers? I think it's hard. To Malaysians, this is very high price to pay. 1,000 sq ft condo at RM800k. Why not buy a house for the same price and bigger? With a car, it's only some 10 minutes away?

So Medini owners are depending mainly on foreigners to buy over their properties. Very limited pool when there are so many units coming up.

From the latest info I received, the completed condos such as 1Medini, rental is very low and no one is buying even though many sub-sales are up now. Imperia and Impiana better environment but renting out is also slow.

Afiniti I think also completed? The last I saw, quiet as a ghost town.

Think about Medini Signature, Iskandar Residences, Zhuoyuan, Meridin, D'whatever.... the one near Legoland, and a few other projects when they complete... how to get rental or buyers? There are still a few others not even starting to build.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
One word....Kiasu cannot get a unit and all try to make fast money by flipping. Now become roti prata.

Ya... But some may be innocent.They buy not to flip. See so many buy, so herd mentality... must rush in to buy. Now scared of oversupply news so try to quickly sell off but cannot.

It's serious for those who are not financially steady. They may be able to pay the loan every month. But if no rental, and no buyers, their money of a few hundred thousand $$$$ is stuck there for a very long time. Maybe for good. Can be very depressing.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes also what I said all along, now all my posts coming true.

That's why I told my friend. Cut your losses now by giving up your Medini condo at S$40+k.... or face the possibility of being stuck with S$200+k property that you can't liquidate. With interest included, it is S$300+k. That's no small sum for a commoner.

Don't use the last resort tactic of using the place for your own retirement. 15-20 years from now, no one can predict how the place will become. Old and no longer trendy?

Or don't say pass down to your children. They may not want to stay there.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya... But some may be innocent.They buy not to flip. See so many buy, so herd mentality... must rush in to buy. Now scared of oversupply news so try to quickly sell off but cannot.

It's serious for those who are not financially steady. They may be able to pay the loan every month. But if no rental, and no buyers, their money of a few hundred thousand $$$$ is stuck there for a very long time. Maybe for good. Can be very depressing.

Singaporeans are very rich and affluent compared to the poor cousins in Malaysia. They are economically stronger and forex is 3x higher.
Well at least that is what my relatives in Singapore impressed upon me. So why worry? Water will always flow to the lowest level. Let the market forces play.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find reits in sgx also offer good yields(about 5% to 9%) and are part of my diversified relatively lower risks investments. With such yields(compounded) an investment could doubled every 10 years or so. Not a bad return to me for a much easier investing method.

I am the type who don't like hassle.
So it is fixed instruments all the way for me as long as it retains my original value with a slight premium. I even have FD is S'pore bank. Can you imagine that? LOL.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are very rich and affluent compared to the poor cousins in Malaysia. They are economically stronger and forex is 3x higher.
Well at least that is what my relatives in Singapore impressed upon me. So why worry? Water will always flow to the lowest level. Let the market forces play.

:smile: Depends on how one looks at it. The common Singaporean looks rich based on the SGD currency he is earning compared to RM. But if he or she lives in Singapore, they are one of the poorest in the world due to the high cost of properties and other necessities.

The so-called "market forces" now working in Iskandar is precisely highly dependent on Singaporean and other foreign buyers. That is causing the situation to be very fragile. A market that is not supported by the locals but mainly foreigners face the high risk of being in hot soup should there be an oversupply or lack of interest.

When there is stress in the economy, or this whole structure can no longer hold, property prices in Iskandar will drop like an avalanche. There are already stress signs being seen now but they are not so serious yet. I predict it will come but not sure exactly when. We should see people starting to dump their Iskandar properties or defaulting on their bank loans.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile: Depends on how one looks at it. The common Singaporean looks rich based on the SGD currency he is earning compared to RM. But if he or she lives in Singapore, they are one of the poorest in the world due to the high cost of properties and other necessities.

The so-called "market forces" now working in Iskandar is precisely highly dependent on Singaporean and other foreign buyers. That is causing the situation to be very fragile. A market that is not supported by the locals but mainly foreigners face the high risk of being in hot soup should there be an oversupply or lack of interest.

When there is stress in the economy, or this whole structure can no longer hold, property prices in Iskandar will drop like an avalanche. There are already stress signs being seen now but they are not so serious yet. I predict it will come but not sure exactly when. We should see people starting to dump their Iskandar properties or defaulting on their bank loans.

Nine out of 10 Singaporean forumers here will agree with me. Malaysians are always the poorer cousins. We are the jiu hu people. Ask your friends around you if you don't believe me. And jiu hu houses nobody want.

Prices will rise and prices will drop. Investors will lose yet there will be investors who would gladly to take over. This is the real world of real estate. It won't drop to zero. It is what we call realignment of acceptable prices.

But there are ways of mitigating these investment risks. You either buy the lowest you can find as the downside is limited or you buy the highest standard you can find. Lifestyle buyers do not bother much about prices. Buy neither here nor there, you die standing.
Just like if you buy a 7 series, you bother if there's a difference of 10k?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices will rise and prices will drop. Investors will lose yet there will be investors who would gladly to take over. This is the real world of real estate. It won't drop to zero. It is what we call realignment of acceptable prices.

But there are ways of mitigating these investment risks. You either buy the lowest you can find as the downside is limited or you buy the highest standard you can find. Lifestyle buyers do not bother much about prices. Buy neither here nor there, you die standing.
Just like if you buy a 7 series, you bother if there's a difference of 10k?

Yes, won't drop to zero value unless one is in some war zone or countries whose cities may disappear overnight.

But you do know there are many neither here nor there properties in Iskandar right? Many have been snapped up.

The first buyers back in 2013 may be suckers. Can they find other suckers to offload next time? Maybe not. Unless they reduce their price by a lot at a loss. Which makes them even bigger suckers.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious... In Johor, has it ever happened that after say, 10 years, property prices drop or remain the same and it's difficult to sell away the property?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nine out of 10 Singaporean forumers here will agree with me. Malaysians are always the poorer cousins. We are the jiu hu people. Ask your friends around you if you don't believe me. And jiu hu houses nobody want.

I am probably the 1 in 10 who don't agree with you, Singaporeans are only richer when they come to Johor, when they stay in Singapore, they have a typical peasant HDB life. Malaysians especially Chinese almost all live in private property and most have cars. They no need to ride bicycles and e-scooters to get around. You want to live in Singapore?

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am probably the 1 in 10 who don't agree with you, Singaporeans are only richer when they come to Johor, when they stay in Singapore, they have a typical peasant HDB life. Malaysians especially Chinese almost all live in private property and most have cars. They no need to ride bicycles and e-scooters to get around. You want to live in Singapore?

Yes, cheap cars are a big pull factor for me....gotten too used to cars already....Sg cars are too out of reach in the long term...finding it a big strain and tempted to sell my expensive to maintain car but cannot bear to top up the S$30K difference....even though COE dropped but the 50% downpayment is also a big amount to fork out...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jialat... the oversupply is for real. I thot Bt Indah is a developed place already.

1.5 years unoccupied is quite a long time. The problem is, even if try to sell at a loss whether there will be buyers.

The sharks already here. Just waiting only :smile:

Sell at RM300k, means only RM186 psf. What sort of loss will they be making? I don't think they bought their condos so cheap. At least closer to RM500 psf.

I think the real problem is foreigner can't buy these even it is lelong price . They should have put the limit at 500K for condo instead of 1m .

Yes, the real problem with all these sub-sale condos is because of the RM1m restriction. Only penthouses are likely to be practical at these prices (above RM1m). Furthermore, the locals are not favorable with condo living (at least for now) because most are allowed only 1 parking lot whilst their family will have at least 2 cars in a typical household. Also, there are abundant of landed properties to choose from.

Anyway, with the avalanche of new condos to be ready in the next 2 to 3 years, I anticipate there will be more fire sales (for those sub-sales) unless those owners have strong holding power. I was told that the average selling price for Sky Loft from the developer at that time for those 1,615 sq ft units is between RM700k & RM800k, depending on floor level and facing.

1 good outcome from the agent though: he told me that he had just managed to secure a Japanese tenant in Sky Loft (21st floor) for RM3.6k. So, there could still be some hope. Also, whilst I was driving past the adhering AEON mall, I saw 2 Japanese mei-meis walking towards it, probably could be living nearby.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really true. There are rich Singaporeans. Take my niece for example. House in Singapore with swimming pool, paid S$5k to celebrate her daughter's 1-year old birthday, young kid son goes for S$25 hair cut at Suntec City, taking children's golf lessons, family goes overseas for holidays with nanny tagging along, all expenses paid, etc.

There are also Chinese Malaysians trying hard to make ends meet even though they are staying in landed property in Johor with 2 or 3 cars in the family. I know of 1 case where the husband works in Singapore (by motorcycle everyday) whilst the wife is a part-time seamstress at home. Because of the good money, the husband has no choice but to leave at 4.30am every weekday morning by motorcycle to work in Singapore. Early this year, he became a victim of a hit-and-run accident, causing him to be disabled now. That bloody driver who hit him had even switched OFF his vehicle's lighting (in the pre-dawn hours) to avoid detection. So, there is totally nothing to claim nor report against. A sad case indeed and it happened a few hundred meters from his own house.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Malaysians buy from foreigners? Not sure about this part though.
Everybody can buy from foreigners. But which foreigner will buy a RM1m sub-sale unit when the bank's valuation is only RM600k?

In conclusion, those in the mid-range bracket will lose out (with limited pool of buyers) because of this RM1m restriction. If sell at RM600k (at cost), the locals don't want. If sell at RM400k, a great loss will be incurred to the seller. Only those high end properties will still have some hope.

Last edited: