• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property Boom by 2010

PropertyWatcher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good information. No wonder everyday I drive past the The Marq, 11/2 years after construction had commenced, they are still trying to complete the basement and ground floor.

Pls share more of your inside information.

Thank you.

Saw Simon Cheong at Cricket Club. Still moaning as his stock continued to dip. He owns about half the company and he is vulnerable with all his high gearing projects not moving despite all the fine wining and dining to prospects.

xtrocious

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night at an interview with Bloomberg TV, Simon Cheong of SC Global forecasted that home prices in S'pore will hit record level by 2010.

SC Global which is now trading at 98 cents is a steal. Time to load up SC Global shares.

Boom is correct but only SC did not want to say that it would be an implosion of the bubble...

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saw Simon Cheong at Cricket Club. Still moaning as his stock continued to dip. He owns about half the company and he is vulnerable with all his high gearing projects not moving despite all the fine wining and dining to prospects.

Fortunately I cut at 0.845c. Now left 0.80 nia nia. Downgrader is right....it's heading for 0.30 - 0.45c

Last edited:

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fortunately I cut at 0.845c. Now left 0.80 nia nia. Downgrader is right....it's heading for 0.30 - 0.45c

My friend, good thing you cut your losses. Plenty of ppl out there get too emotional with stocks and hold on during the joyride downwards.

There'll be a time to pick it up again and you (and many others with opportunity funds) will make plenty.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend, good thing you cut your losses. Plenty of ppl out there get too emotional with stocks and hold on during the joyride downwards.

There'll be a time to pick it up again and you (and many others with opportunity funds) will make plenty.

To survive in the speculation/investment market, one must know how to cut loss.

PropertyWatcher

Alfrescian
Loyal
View from CIMB on property sector - not bank house with vested interest

Where are we now in terms of valuations?

Share prices of Singapore developers have fallen 33% YTD vs. a 22% fall in the FSSTI in the same period. As investors continue to search for the bottom amid increasingly bearish outlook in the property sector, we turn to history as guidance on current valuations. While RNAV discounts and P/B ratios of some of the small-mid cap developers are starting to enter territories unseen in the last decade, we estimate, big cap property stocks are now trading at 30-40% discounts to their RNAVs, still far off from the 55-80% discounts to RNAVs in 1997-98 and 45-55% discounts to RNAVs in 2003. Based on historical trough levels, we think valuations in the sector may not have bottomed-out yet.

Share prices may not reflect all of the bad news yet. While stock valuations have taken a beating, physical prices have remained somewhat resilient amid very thin transaction volumes. As stock markets are typically forward-looking, more downside can be expected if physical prices begin to free fall. We believe more potential bad news on the worsening global economy and unwinding of speculative interests of properties could continue to weigh down on the sector. So far, we believe there haven’t been many cases of panic selling as yet. We believe the test will come in 2009 when more projects receive TOP status.

PropertyWatcher

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We believe that developers could barely break even or may incur losses on selected projects if our expectation of weakening residential selling prices for the rest of 2008 and 2009 pans out." -- Goldman Sachs on Singapore property. Unlike the houses of the three banks, they don't have vested interest

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"We believe that developers could barely break even or may incur losses on selected projects if our expectation of weakening residential selling prices for the rest of 2008 and 2009 pans out." -- Goldman Sachs on Singapore property. Unlike the houses of the three banks, they don't have vested interest

SC Global crashed down to 78c liao.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more downside coming

simon is a joker and the best is he go hide one corner and cry

I hate that Simon Cheong bastard! During the property boom year of early 07 when he launched 5% of the The Marq, in a media interview, he stated loud and clear that his units at The Marq are only meant for the super rich foreign buyers and not the local wealthy.

This type of bastard deserves to die or not? I know of many who are pissed off with him!

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate that Simon Cheong bastard! During the property boom year of early 07 when he launched 5% of the The Marq, in a media interview, he stated loud and clear that his units at The Marq are only meant for the super rich foreign buyers and not the local wealthy.

This type of bastard deserves to die or not? I know of many who are pissed off with him!

on your marq, get set... COLLAPSE