• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prof who did NOT do NS chairs Media Literary Council aka Internet Censorship Board

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had insomnia last night, so I woke up earlier than usual and checked out the TRE website.

The article about the Media Literary Council ("MLC") aka Internet Censorship Board makes my blood boil. The article shown an email sent by Prof Tan Cheng Han, chairman of MLC to Richard Wan.

Prof Tan Cheng Han is the brother of Tan Cheng Yew, the lawyer who was sentenced to 9 years for criminal breach of trust and cheating involving a total of S$4.8 million, see http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Crime/Story/A1Story20110419-274389.html

Tan Cheng Yew’s classmate included one MP Hri Kumar Nair, who was one of four who wrote his mitigation plea.

Webpage @ http://johnharding.com/2011/04/23/the-crimes-of-singapore-lawyer-tan-cheng-yew-and-family/ has this passage: “The court record shows that Tan Cheng Yew was in touch with his family while wanted by the authorities. This means that those family members he contacted were “accessories after the fact,” if they did not report the incident to the authorities. Is brother Tan Cheng Han an “accessory after the fact?”"

Also, it is mentioned there that both brothers are Malaysian citizens. While an article in a student publication of NUS quoted Prof Tan as saying something like “back than (ie. when he was in Uni), I was a Malaysian citizen.”

My questions for the rulers of Sinkieland are:

1) Is Prof Tan still a Malaysian citizen?

2) If he has relinquished his original citizenship, when did that occur? Only recently? Why so late and not earlier? To avoid having to do NS like Justice Tan Lee Meng?

3) As continued freedom of the web is of crucial importance to Singaporeans, in fact it is the only part of our constitutional right to freedom of expression that has not YET been made meaningless, should the government not be appointing a NATIVE Singaporean to be chair of the MLC and let FT Prof Tan contribute as an ordinary member?

4) IF what is mentioned on John Harding's website is true, then why has Prof Tan not been prosecuted for being an "accessory after the fact"? If what is said on the website is not true then can the AGC come out to clarify what exactly were in the court papers? There is no statute of limitations for criminal offences you know, so he can still be charged numerous years after the facts constituting the crime of "accessory after the fact" were committed. Are the authorities holding those charges back so Prof Tan can be a better and more obedient lap dog?

"She who must be Obeyed" is calling, I have to go or else she will start pulling my ears. I am a lap dog to a member of a fairer sex.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Prof who did NOT do NS chairs Media Literary Council aka Internet Censorship Boar

Tan Cheng Yew’s classmate included one MP Hri Kumar Nair aka Nigerian Scam, who was one of four who wrote his mitigation plea.

Nigerian Scam is Vikram not Hri Kumar.

Heard Tan Cheng Yew is a gay boy. How about his brother?

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Prof who did NOT do NS chairs Media Literary Council aka Internet Censorship Boar

Original post edited. Like curry, prata, etc, but no good at names not related to food.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Original post edited. Like curry, prata, etc, but no good at names not related to food.

I can empathise with that. I am often embarrassed when trying to recall a name during conversation. :(

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's either a Nair or a Kumar.

So it's Nigerian Vikram Nair or Hri Kumar.