• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Problems at new flats near Kallang MRT

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I met an acquaintance who is a resident of Rochore. His block is affected by a redevelopment project and he has been given an alternative flat in a new HDB estate near the Kallang MRT station. What he told me shocked me. The new flats though completed and some people have moved in, is not ready for full occupation because, according to him, there was a gas leak problem and contractors are now tracing the fault. Also it appears the tiles laid along the pavements and corridors are popping out. Go for cheapest quote and this is what you get. I wonder what other problems are going to surface in this new estate. However, so far the MSM has carefully not mentioned these flaws.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
This morning I met an acquaintance who is a resident of Rochore. His block is affected by a redevelopment project and he has been given an alternative flat in a new HDB estate near the Kallang MRT station. What he told me shocked me. The new flats though completed and some people have moved in, is not ready for full occupation because, according to him, there was a gas leak problem and contractors are now tracing the fault. Also it appears the tiles laid along the pavements and corridors are popping out. Go for cheapest quote and this is what you get. I wonder what other problems are going to surface in this new estate. However, so far the MSM has carefully not mentioned these flaws.

This is the result of pap letting in foreign trash who are unqualified, unskilled

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies love paying 300k for 100k cheapo tiong construction.I bet 30 years ago when flats cost 70k theres no such thing going.flats cost 70k to build and sold at 70k.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
notice that tiling in sinkie new flats these days does not use spacers in between tiles for grouting, alignment, expansion and contraction. the inexperienced, untrained and unskilled workers simply put tiles together without spacing. and grout lines in between tiles are non-existent. during hot days, tiles will expand and without spacing something's gotta give. spacing with plastic spacers requires time as the worker has to have the patience and dexterity to place and distribute them evenly, and then remove them after tile is cemented to floor or wall. grouting after that requires good grouting material (more cost) and extra work and time. this is definitely a result of unqualified contractors with poor supervision of workers cutting corners.

image.jpg

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
National Development minister will say that after extensive investigations, all issues reported are merely only surface imperfections (i.e., just tiles on surface), which are to be expected and only form a very small portion of the huge project, which scored a high 70% (note same as % won by PAP) of meeting HDB and MND criteria.

Please don't ask me what above means as I never understand anything those million-dollar-salary MIW said.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can lay tiles without grout lines and spacing? HDB should explain for no QC check.

notice that tiling in sinkie new flats these days does not use spacers in between tiles for grouting, alignment, expansion and contraction. the inexperienced, untrained and unskilled workers simply put tiles together without spacing. and grout lines in between tiles are non-existent. during hot days, tiles will expand and without spacing something's gotta give. spacing with plastic spacers requires time as the worker has to have the patience and dexterity to place and distribute them evenly, and then remove them after tile is cemented to floor or wall. grouting after that requires good grouting material (more cost) and extra work and time. this is definitely a result of unqualified contractors with poor supervision of workers cutting corners.

View attachment 26880

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This is the result of pap letting in foreign trash who are unqualified, unskilled

Idiots forget that the foreign talents who build their flats were sometimes farmers or factory workers only a few short months ago. Just given some basic training in a construction company school before they ship out to singapore to build your flat. A worker building a flat in the US or canada or Australia, etc has to go to trade school for years, and comes to the job site with thousands of dollars in equipment and a pick up truck. He is a professional.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

China style of construction..

This is what happen when stupid and ball-less sinkies vote for the PAP.. karma..

in no time, sinkieland building will be all like this..3rd world style.. sinkie vote a PAP govt to go back to 3rd world... i advise all sinkies to get out of sinkieland before all these nonsense really take a serious toll on them and affect them adversely..