• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problem with religion

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

SOCIETY IS DOOMED WHEN THE EDUCATED LISTEN TO THE UNEDUCATED

I have said this many years ago in this blog. And I received a response from a friend who by coincidence I met just yesterday (and with whom I spent the whole day).
Today is Friday. Throughout the world hundreds of millions of Muslim men will be attending Friday sermons. This will include the most educated, the most intelligent and important people in their lands.
It is most likely that for about an hour or less they will be listening to some preacher or prayer leader who will be far less educated than them. Or perhaps not educated at all. Even if they are "trained" (I fear to use the word education) they would have been "trained" in some you-cannot-ask-questions type of institution. And in many parts of the world the pesantrens, the madrassa and even the pondoks which train these preachers may not have running water or electricity. Conditions will be basic.

The counter argument is that there are other such institutions that are modern and well equipped. Indeed so but their level of "training" will be exactly the same. 'No-questions -asked' indoctrination.

illusion : an instance of a wrong or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience
delusion : a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Religion is for people who are afraid to go to hell.

Spirituality is for people who have already been there.

Piersqsw

Alfrescian
Loyal
The clash between education and religious beliefs can be challenging. Yet, diversity in perspectives is what makes societies rich. Speaking of perspectives, have you seen Christian Walls artwork? It beautifully embodies Christian beliefs, offering a visual representation of faith. Art often speaks to universal values, transcending educational backgrounds, sparking conversations that unite rather than divide.

Last edited:

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have said this many years ago in this blog. And I received a response from a friend who by coincidence I met just yesterday (and with whom I spent the whole day).
Today is Friday. Throughout the world hundreds of millions of Muslim men will be attending Friday sermons. This will include the most educated, the most intelligent and important people in their lands.
It is most likely that for about an hour or less they will be listening to some preacher or prayer leader who will be far less educated than them. Or perhaps not educated at all. Even if they are "trained" (I fear to use the word education) they would have been "trained" in some you-cannot-ask-questions type of institution. And in many parts of the world the pesantrens, the madrassa and even the pondoks which train these preachers may not have running water or electricity. Conditions will be basic.

The counter argument is that there are other such institutions that are modern and well equipped. Indeed so but their level of "training" will be exactly the same. 'No-questions -asked' indoctrination.

illusion : an instance of a wrong or misinterpreted perception of a sensory experience
delusion : a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary
Only when u are educated and well learn, then we can think how to beat Great Satan at his own game

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

If all Muslim man can think critically like this author...then we are definitely in a more peaceful world

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia should be lead by leaders with educational qualification from a islamic university.