• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ashabul Kahfi: I respect ulama, but not those who give mediocre, silly comments

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/c...p-political-sentiments-anwar-tells-preachers/

PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim has urged preachers not to be hasty and play up political sentiments when explaining an issue.

Anwar was referring to an incident involving a preacher who reportedly misinterpreted Anwar’s statement regarding Surah Al-Kahfi of the Quran and the seven “Ashabul Kahfi” (men of the cave) that he mentioned during the Prime Minister’s Department monthly gathering last week.

Without naming the preacher, the prime minister said scholars should verify the facts before attempting to explain them to the public.

“When a preacher in Terengganu was asked, he explained without listening (to the actual speech) and immediately said that top leaders are ignorant, confused and misleading, also accusing them of being Christians.

“Read and listen to the context of the speech, and as a preacher, do not be hasty in following political sentiments.

“First, check whether the statement is true, and second, if it is not (true)… you can advise me, and I can correct it,” he told reporters after performing Friday prayers at the Kota Damansara mosque today.

After the Friday sermon, the prime minister and more than 500 worshippers performed the prayers led by the mosque’s manager, Nor Salami Masri.

Before heading to the mosque, Anwar took time to mingle with the people and had lunch at a chicken rice stall.