• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problem getting an Apple iPhone?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flip phones are passé already.
Even my grandma won't be caught dead using one.

Have tried the iPhones but I'm going back to a basic phone. I'm actually keeping an eye out for a 2nd hand Sony Ericson W810 candy phone because it meets all my requirements: small size, ease of use, physical keyboard & you don't need to charge it as often.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And one mobile phone ...............

[video=youtube;873PrTZkLsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=873PrTZkLsI[/video]

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past few months I would often visit the malls & I usually pass a Singtel, Starhub & M1 outlet since they are side by side. They have a big sign indicating iPhone availability & I noticed that the iPhones are usually out of stock. When they are available, it is usually only the 16GB iPhones available.

The situation may have improved this year because I think Apple has been able to ramp up productions.:smile:

Apple Store has stock available. unless u want to upgrade to 4G network, u can buy from apple store lor.

myself not interested in paying telco more $$ for 4G plan but can only receive 3G service. my iphone 4 is currently on it 4th year of usage. a bit surprise the battery still going strong. 3G plan with 12GB data plan.... can watch tv drama while on mrt.:biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jovier got stock. No wonder he is charging more expensive.
In case you are wondering why it is so difficult to get an iPhone:smile:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/18...s-selling-74-5m-iphones-earning-18b-in-profit

Apple obliterates expectations, selling 74.5M iPhones & earning $18B in profit

Apple completely crushed not only its own all-time records, but also even the loftiest expectations on Wall Street on Tuesday, selling a whopping 74.5 million iPhones on its way to $18 billion in net profit in a single, massively successful quarter.

Apple posted record quarterly revenue of $74.6 billion, earning $3.06 per diluted share, for its first fiscal quarter of 2015. The company was led by a blockbuster quarter for the iPhone, in which it sold nearly 75 million units -- a year over year increase of 46 percent.

Mac sales were also at an all-time high at 5.52 million units, edging the company's previous-best in the preceding September quarter. The company's Mac hardware saw its numbers increase 14 percent year over year.
"Record sales of both the iPhone and Mac helped push Apple to the strongest quarter in the company's entire history."
iPad sales continued their decline, however, falling to 21.4 million units in the December frame. That was down 18 percent from the same period a year prior.

"We'd like to thank our customers for an incredible quarter, which saw demand for Apple products soar to an all-time high," said Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook. "Our revenue grew 30 percent over last year to $74.6 billion, and the execution by our teams to achieve these results was simply phenomenal."

Gross margin was also up to 39.9 percent this year, compared to 37.9 percent in the year-ago quarter. Apple also said that international sales accounted for 65 percent of the quarter's revenue.

Apple also announced that its App Store set a record performance in the holiday quarter. The company's "Services" revenue category, which includes the App Store, iTunes Store and other digital storefronts, reached $4.8 billion.

"Our exceptional results produced EPS growth of 48 percent over last year, and $33.7 billion in operating cash flow during the quarter, an all-time record," said Apple Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri. "We spent over $8 billion on our capital return program, bringing total returns to investors to almost $103 billion, over $57 billion of which occurred in just the last 12 months."

Also on Tuesday, Apple provided investors with the following guidance for its fiscal 2015 second quarter:

revenue between $52 billion and $55 billion
gross margin between 38.5 percent and 39.5 percent
operating expenses between $5.4 billion and $5.5 billion
other income/(expense) of $350 million
tax rate of 26.3 percent

Finally, the Apple Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of 47 cents per share of its common stock. The dividend will be payable on Feb. 12, 2015, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Feb. 9, 2015.

e

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple Store has stock available. unless u want to upgrade to 4G network, u can buy from apple store lor.

myself not interested in paying telco more $$ for 4G plan but can only receive 3G service. my iphone 4 is currently on it 4th year of usage. a bit surprise the battery still going strong. 3G plan with 12GB data plan.... can watch tv drama while on mrt.:biggrin:

Thanks but I already got one but I didn't get one from a Spore telco because I didn't want to be tied down by a contract.

I'm not surprise by the Apple quality because I have got plenty of Apple products e.g. LCII, Mac Classic, iMac, iPod ver 1.0, ...etc & many of them still work:smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The women I know all want the bigger iPhone the bigger they want

asian women like it tua kee, the more tua kee the better. the small phone market segment is a niche among ladies who carry small handbags on any day. this niche of ladies refuses to let go of their 4s and 5s.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
if apple were to make and sell a 6+++ in china, a.k.a. ipadphone, tiong farmers would be using it to wechat with their mistresses while feeding pigs. the more tua kee the better. going back to the days of dai gor dai.

Today met more factory people here in Dalang Town, I felt so out of place despite my iPhone 6+, the trend for these tiongs is iPhone 6 with H-logo gold belt buckle like this

Really want to bury my face in gutter oil

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi Frog

Beware of Mei mei ok... and you seem to have forgotten me! :oIo::biggrin:

How can I forget your two melons? The entire Dongguan is very quiet. No more action, 2 million workers left the province since last year, hotels are operating at 30% capacity, rooms are cheap, was told Dongguan will lose 500亿人民币 a year due to 扫黄. http://www.letscorp.net/archives/63196

Its only 10.45pm and I've been in room since 8.30pm surfing SBF, kns.

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can I forget your two melons? The entire Dongguan is very quiet. No more action, 2 million workers left the province since last year, hotels are operating at 30% capacity, rooms are cheap, was told Dongguan will lose 500亿人民币 a year due to 扫黄. http://www.letscorp.net/archives/63196

Its only 10.45pm and I've been in room since 8.30pm surfing SBF, kns.
You can call for service, isn't it? :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
iv got a iphone 6 gold thats unused thats contracted to a line....should i sell it asap?not sure what is the shelf life of these things before it becomes worthless before the next edition comes out.

IPhone market value very good and can hold for long term. I sold my iPhone 4 last year at $200 after using for almost 4 years. In contrast the Samsung phone that I bought saw retail price cut by more than 30% within half year, I think resale value must be very low.