• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Princess Cove R&F

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But this plan is already approved and being constructed right now!
Anyway, for those toilets without windows for natural ventilation, mechanical exhaust fans with vent ducts will be installed, like those in hotels.
For the toilets here, I was told that when you turn on the lights, which is necessary for windowless room, the vent is also being turned on together.

True. You can have mechanical / electrical ventilation but it cannot be compared to natural ventilation.
Vents ducts are never easy to construct with all those fire compartmentation requirements. Maintenence with consistent building systems over time is a big challenge.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
fengshui aside, a toilet without a window can get moldy Easily. Forced air ventilation is not recommended and only used when no choice like in hotel room.

Fengshui aside, is the kitchen window opens into the entrance passageway?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not lawful to put a toilet without any ventilation in Malaysia per Uniform By laws. The smell will come out into the main area once the door is opened. Also there's no fresh air into the toilet.

You are quite right. Just why i said earlier that Eco Summer houses ground floor toilet are all without windows and ventilation. Worst, it cannot install ventilation system on the ceiling and the toilet door directly facing the dining hall.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
fengshui aside, a toilet without a window can get moldy Easily. Forced air ventilation is not recommended and only used when no choice like in hotel room.

Fengshui aside, is the kitchen window opens into the entrance passageway?

CAVEAT EMPTOR!
There were brochures and showflat for you to see and feel the condo's layout so what you see is what you get; if you had missed out some important details or didn't noticed, too bad.
Actually, for PC and Country Garden, the developer had just used layout plans from their China projects and not designing layout plans to suit the local climate and habits.
Do you also noticed that there are no laundry drying yards in all the units?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why choose such unit when you can choose other with window. Toilet without window is for jailbird.

There are windows in cells la but its just different from our HDBs. Cant be the same or else people say staying in HDBs is like in Jail.
But I believe toilet should have windows or slight openings

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right. Just why i said earlier that Eco Summer houses ground floor toilet are all without windows and ventilation. Worst, it cannot install ventilation system on the ceiling and the toilet door directly facing the dining hall.

If that is corrrect, the State Authorities in JB should be taken to task. Approvals not in compliance to the UBBL 1984 is is big NO. That's the problem when you have some guys up there powerful enough to influence approvals with power, money, etc.

However, I do see vent shafts in the toilets for ventilation.
http://ecoworld.my/ecosummer/images/floorplans/The-Charlton-20X80.pdf

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Saturday, I went a property tour to R&F Princess Cove organised by Iproperty. I was impressed by the way they build and organise their sales gallery. It was luxury. When I look at the masterplan of the development, it was firstly very highly density and still a distance away from CIQ and likely RTS site.
Finally, the retail mall and
unit was all to be sold as separate strata title, meaning the landlord will rent out them hence there is no tenant management, etc . The design of the retail mall is rather disconnected , not easily linked. With that, I cast a doubt on the sustainability of the project. Good thing is near to Thomson Medical Hopsital in Vantage Bay.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Saturday, I went a property tour to R&F Princess Cove organised by Iproperty. I was impressed by the way they build and organise their sales gallery. It was luxury. When I look at the masterplan of the development, it was firstly very highly density and still a distance away from CIQ and likely RTS site.
unit was all to be sold as separate strata title, meaning the landlord will rent out them hence there is no tenant management, etc . The design of the retail mall is rather disconnected , not easily linked. With that, I cast a doubt on the sustainability of the project. Good thing is near to Thomson Medical Hopsital in Vantage Bay.

When was the last time you heard anything about Vintage Bay??

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You may have also noticed that with such high density one would expect at least three carriageway each direction. But the roads are haphazard n during school hours the roads they are a nightmare. The road there is a fav joint for illegal mat rempit racing n of course a love nest for locals who want to enjoy the sea side. I would probably ask the developer what are their plans to alleviate the road problem seeing its either they landfill further down onwards foon yew to create wider roads or U are better off riding a bicycle. Once the buildings are up I am going to avoid that place like a plague cos u can be sure there will be a lot of double parking. Not forgetting nearby got commercial n another condo. Massive jam!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is corrrect, the State Authorities in JB should be taken to task. Approvals not in compliance to the UBBL 1984 is is big NO. That's the problem when you have some guys up there powerful enough to influence approvals with power, money, etc.

Yes. However base on the eco summer floor plan, is quite surprising that all toilets ground and upper floor are without windows.... to me this is indeed bad design.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Lol. At first he says the toilet cannot install ventilation. But he realised his weak eyes didn't see the plan properly after u pointed out to him that there are vents in the toilets. Hahaha. Classic. All I know is there are TWO toilets in the middle of Type H unit!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. However base on the eco summer floor plan, is quite surprising that all toilets ground and upper floor are without windows.... to me this is indeed bad design.

To you is a bad design. Everyone has their own preferences. To many others is acceptable design. If you ask me, it is no big deal. Most importantly, the toilets must be kept dry, clean and tidy. It must be brightly colored both walls and floors, if possible, put in a small plant to create freshness.

I have seen many toilets so called ideally located but they don't open the windows, resulting smells into the rooms which is bad chi and bad for health. I have seen well designed toilets but the plaster ceiling turned mouldy. As in fengshui, anything dead, wet, damp is not good. Just be innovative, I am sure anyone can turn a bad location into good ones.

This is Malaysia. It is multi racial. Some Chinese believe in fengshui. Many Chinese don't as well as our Malay and Indian brothers also don't believe in it. The developers do not design exclusively for supertitious Chinese buyers in their projects.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
To you is a bad design. Everyone has their own preferences. To many others is acceptable design. If you ask me, it is no big deal. Most importantly, the toilets must be kept dry, clean and tidy. It must be brightly colored both walls and floors, if possible, put in a small plant to create freshness.

I have seen many toilets so called ideally located but they don't open the windows, resulting smells into the rooms which is bad chi and bad for health. I have seen well designed toilets but the plaster ceiling turned mouldy. As in fengshui, anything dead, wet, damp is not good. Just be innovative, I am sure anyone can turn a bad location into good ones.

This is Malaysia. It is multi racial. Some Chinese believe in fengshui. Many Chinese don't as well as our Malay and Indian brothers also don't believe in it. The developers do not design exclusively for supertitious Chinese buyers in their projects.

Fengshui is not die die one..must think out of the box. :biggrin:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Fengshui is so real and true, then Fengshui masters will be Billionaires liao ! Still need to peddle their trade ?

cslong, now you cannot say people are distancing themselves from me. Just look at the chorus of support. We truly am concerned about ur intentions when u whack other developer. Hope you can enlighten us on what features makes a condo unit have bad fengshui so that we can keep a lookout. Perhaps you can relook at RnF units before u make any comments. They have so many variations of floor plans. Must be giving u headache now that's why you don't dare to comment

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Fengshui is so real and true, then Fengshui masters will be Billionaires liao ! Still need to peddle their trade ?

Good Feng Shui is not about being a billionaire. The purpose of Feng Shui is to achieve a balanced, harmonious, and prosperous living environment so that we can live happier and more fulfilling lives. Understand?

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have to say that many projects in JB, targeted malaysian and singaporean Chinese as their potential investors. How many of our Malays or Indians bro are buying project like Eco Summer /Spring? Even Desa Tebrau houses have no take in their bumi lots. Just have their bumi release recently.