• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

presidential election: women behind the men

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Elections/Story/A1Story20110822-295652/9.html

pic4.jpg

3 questions with Mrs Tan Cheng Bock

What is the biggest challenge for your husband now?

He has been working very hard, together with his team of supporters and volunteers. Many people want to meet him from all over the island. So his biggest challenge now is to arrange his time well to meet the various groups of people.

What is your biggest interest / cause?

My heart goes out to the needy children whose families are without the means to send them to schools. I believe education plays an important role. I personally have embarked on a journey to help needy children to get educated.

What is your advice to women and mothers in Singapore?

In modern times, we take on many roles in the family. We play a supportive role to our husband and take care of the family. We must always remember to take care of our health, rest well and also work hard.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic18.jpg

3 Questions with Mrs Tan Kin Lian

What is the biggest challenge for your husband now?

To stay focused and positive throughout the campaign. More importantly, I hope he will remember the main reasons why he decided to stand for this election, that is to give Singaporeans a choice to vote for what they believe in and the values he stands for.

I enjoy interacting with people and spending time with my friends and family. I also enjoy travelling and meeting new people.

To enjoy what they do, whether it is working or staying at home to take care of the family. Both are equally important roles. Nowadays, many women are expected to work and take care of their family at the same time. This is certainly not easy. Even with a busy schedule, we should always try to keep a healthy balance and stay positive.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic29.jpg

3 questions with Mrs Tan Jee Say

What do you think is the biggest challenge for your husband now?

With the election period short and intense, the biggest challenge is for him to have the strength to go through this tough time.

My biggest interest or cause always surrounds my children. They are all of school age now. I always look at how they progress in school. Would they have a place in secondary school or a junior college of their choice? This is something I feel very strongly about.

What I'd like women to know is that they should go after their dreams and interests. If family is their focus and they want to get married, I would really encourage them to go ahead... no doubt there will be sacrifice but when you have children, it will be worth it.

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic33.jpg

The woman behind one of the presidential candidates, Dr Tony Tan, remains elusive.

Not much has been written publicly about Dr Tan's wife, Madam Mary Chee Bee Kiang, 70 (right, with Dr Tan).

And Dr Tan's office declined this paper's request to interview her, with a spokesman replying via e-mail: "We will not be participating in this project as we believe before Singaporeans is the election of a President..."

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
"We will not be participating in this project as we believe before Singaporeans is the election of a President..."

And the President will sleep alone in his bed for 6 years, dine alone for 6 years and not listen to his wife at all for 6 years.
This is what I call bad PR skill.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Mysterious Madam Chee Bye Kia

What do you think is the biggest challenge for your husband now?

It's very clear, there is no challenge. My husband won't run for this office unless he is 100% sure of winning.

It's very clear?

Marry a PAP man.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
As much as I support TJS, the thoughts of seeing his wife's face on the wall frightens me out :p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HA now i know who to vote
the dude with the best looking wife
which is Mrs Tan Kin Lian husband. The rest, better dump theirs and find some prc spider before they are impotent.