• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Prepare for a longer Aussie Recession

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
By which time the rest of the world will be emerging from recession, Arsetralia will suffer for many years to come.

Uncle.. if ya prediction is true.. you shld predict 4D liao.. there are only limited countries who can produce iron ore, uranium, tin etc.. as long as the world is using metals .. they will need us.

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle.. if ya prediction is true.. you shld predict 4D liao.. there are only limited countries who can produce iron ore, uranium, tin etc.. as long as the world is using metals .. they will need us.

Its not a Australia only recession, a worldwide one.....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are only so many countries that produce fresh unpolluted rock lobsters.
I end up eating lobster everyday for lunch and dinner while in Geraldton.

Lobsters cheaper as slump hits export market

19th February 2009, 6:00 WST

getfile.aspx

WA consumers are paying up to a quarter less for local rock lobster after the global financial crisis caused a dramatic slump in worldwide demand.

Local processors say they have been unable to offload frozen lobsters because of a huge oversupply at fisheries in North and Central America and cheap offers in other traditional markets.

Retail prices for a 400g frozen lobster have fallen from about $20 a year ago to $15. For processors, the $20/kg they could demand overseas last year has slumped to about $12.

Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative chief executive Wayne Hosking said demand was the worst he had seen for many years. Sales in the US, Taiwan and Japan, which accounted for the bulk of WA’s exports, were very weak.

“The global financial crisis certainly has curtailed lobster consumption internationally,” he said. “All exporters will be feeling the pinch.” Shane Stewart, chief executive of Fremantlebased Vinci Seafoods, said his company had not made a profit on frozen lobsters since the season began on November 23.

The live market remained relatively strong but the profits were minimal compared with the losses on frozen products.

“The price has not gained momentum anywhere, whether it be China, Hong Kong or Taiwan,” he said.

Western Rock Lobster Council project officer Andrew Winzer said the market bottleneck was further evidence the Government’s decision to restrict commercial fishing for western rock lobsters was correct. Frozen lobsters accounted for more than two-thirds of the industry and most fishermen failed to understand there was no demand for local product in frozen form.

BEN SPENCER

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are only so many countries that produce fresh unpolluted rock lobsters.
I end up eating lobster everyday for lunch and dinner while in Geraldton.

Lobsters cheaper as slump hits export market

19th February 2009, 6:00 WST

getfile.aspx

WA consumers are paying up to a quarter less for local rock lobster after the global financial crisis caused a dramatic slump in worldwide demand.

Local processors say they have been unable to offload frozen lobsters because of a huge oversupply at fisheries in North and Central America and cheap offers in other traditional markets.

Retail prices for a 400g frozen lobster have fallen from about $20 a year ago to $15. For processors, the $20/kg they could demand overseas last year has slumped to about $12.

Geraldton Fishermen’s Co-operative chief executive Wayne Hosking said demand was the worst he had seen for many years. Sales in the US, Taiwan and Japan, which accounted for the bulk of WA’s exports, were very weak.

“The global financial crisis certainly has curtailed lobster consumption internationally,” he said. “All exporters will be feeling the pinch.” Shane Stewart, chief executive of Fremantlebased Vinci Seafoods, said his company had not made a profit on frozen lobsters since the season began on November 23.

The live market remained relatively strong but the profits were minimal compared with the losses on frozen products.

“The price has not gained momentum anywhere, whether it be China, Hong Kong or Taiwan,” he said.

Western Rock Lobster Council project officer Andrew Winzer said the market bottleneck was further evidence the Government’s decision to restrict commercial fishing for western rock lobsters was correct. Frozen lobsters accounted for more than two-thirds of the industry and most fishermen failed to understand there was no demand for local product in frozen form.

BEN SPENCER

Very high in cholestorol, you might have to take Lipitor.......

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not a Australia only recession, a worldwide one.....

Recession is not a bad thing.. I have been waiting for this moment for a long while.. :smile:

I am still waiting for Balwyn to drop further.. if my economist frz prediction is correct.. STI will hit 1200 pts, Balwyn will drop btw 600-700k.. and I will b laughing again :smile:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recession is not a bad thing.. I have been waiting for this moment for a long while.. :smile:

I am still waiting for Balwyn to drop further.. if my economist frz prediction is correct.. STI will hit 1200 pts, Balwyn will drop btw 600-700k.. and I will b laughing again :smile:

Think of the poor people in Australia who have lost so much of their house value instead.