• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Premier League preview: West Brom vs Reading

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Premier League preview: West Brom v Reading

20 September 2012

290201header.jpg

West Bromwich Albion will be hoping to bounce back from their loss to Fulham when they welcome Reading to the Hawthorns on Saturday.

Steve Clarke's side made a fine start to their English Premier League campaign, collecting seven points from their first three games.

A 3-0 loss at Fulham brought that run to an end, but a home clash against Reading shapes as a good opportunity to return to winning ways.

Clarke will be without forward Peter Odemwingie for the encounter after the Nigerian international was sent off for kicking out at Sascha Riether against Fulham.

More responsibility falls on the shoulders of Shane Long up front, while Romelu Lukaku, on loan from Chelsea, could also be given a chance.

Long, who moved to West Brom from Reading last season, has promised not to celebrate against his former club should he score.

"I'm really looking forward to it," Long told the club's website.

"It's going to be strange playing against the shirt I played in for six years, but hopefully I'll have the bragging rights come the end of the game.

"I know the Reading lads very well and they've been quite unlucky not have to more than one point from their opening three games."

Reading are still searching for their first win of the season having only managed a draw in three games.

Alex McCarthy started in goal during Reading's 3-1 loss to Tottenham, with first-choice shot-stopper Adam Federici dropped.

Reading manager Brian McDermott has said the decision to leave Federici out was due to form, not fitness, after the Australian made several mistakes early in the season.

Pavel Pogrebnyak, so prolific with Fulham, has netted one goal for his new club and McDermott would love for the Russian striker to build on that form in coming games.

A trip to the Hawthorns would normally be a chance for Reading to collect at least a hard-fought point, but West Brom have been impressive so far this campaign.