• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC more kiasu than Singaporeans?

maituleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
u notice dat prc's can eat a lot? ... observe dem, even their small-sized women oso can eat a lot ...

Ya loh they also shit a lot . Most of the toilet must flush many times to clear their piles of shit. I hate it when I need to go China.

dc7176

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pretty one all are exported out. some of them are in GL Singapore, some in HK, etc

aiyo tat is still less than 1% of their population lor... still got lots of pretty pretty one!! juz mayb they dun take subway lor... keke...:biggrin:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
With more and more PRC people in Singapore, they have become a significant part of our daily lives. What I do notice is that they have somehow acquired our national habits and even surpass us.

When getting onto buses, PRC people are more aggressive than Singaporeans in squeezing in front. They are even more obvious at buffets.... they literally are taking the whole trays of food.

They seem to be very hungry in everything. Are Singaporeans losing their unique characteristic?

My personal experience at a Buffet : 2 prc and 3 local aunties at the dessert table , all of them got at least 7-8 pcs in their plates ( cake,tarts,puffs etc.) The 2 prc ate everything , the 3 aunties ( our local production ) just took a few small bites and left everything to be thrown away. Hai.......z ! Singaporean again ....:o

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... the 3 aunties ( our local production ) just took a few small bites and left everything to be thrown away. Hai.......z ! Singaporean again ....:o
u sure dey dint secetly put dem inside big plastic bags dey had brought along ... :confused:

:biggrin: <bgsound src="http://www.dswkim.org/media/midi/popcorn.mid">

Last edited:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
u sure dey dint secetly put dem inside big plastic bags dey had brought along ... :confused:

:biggrin: <bgsound src="http://www.dswkim.org/media/midi/popcorn.mid">

This happen on Star Cruise . Got 24hr buffet mah. But if at our hotel here i bet they will :rolleyes:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They seem to be very hungry in everything. Are Singaporeans losing their unique characteristic?

lianbeng asks, how much do u understand about communism?
in communistic china, nobody owns anything - almost everything is shared and used by everybody else.:biggrin:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the numbers of PRC increases by the day in Singapore, Singaporeans can pass the crown of Kiasuism and Kiasiim to PRCs.The PRCs are the original of these Kiausim and Kiasiim and they win us hands down.

I was aghasted at the way the Chinese shove,push,pull their way in public places even when there are no crowds. It's same in Shanghai, Beijing,Guangdong..they are the same.I remember taking a public bus in Beijing and this 30s something man just shove his way at me and push an old lady just to get up the bus and the bus is just half full!!The old lady felled and i am the only person who stop and help her. The other chinese just ignored it as though they were blind. I was stunned at the chinese attitude.In another ocassion, i saw this lady cutting my queue in a supermarket and pretended that she didn't hear me when i try to ask her not do..

It was terrible in China.there is a lack of social responsibilties and the chinese seems to be extremely selfish and self-centred.The Chinese are totally different from the Japanese who seems to be very socially responsible and discipline. However, the Taiwanese even though ethnicaly chinese seems to be also very different from the mainland chinese. They were like the Japanese in terms of discipline and did not try to push you around. Maybe they have learnt those ettiquettes from the Japanese.

I noticed that the older generations of chinese singaporeans generally still behave like what i mentioned in China.The younger generations however have vastly changed maybe due to a modern western education. It is the PRCs now re-crowning the kiasuism and kiasism in S'pore today.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kiasuism, Kiasiism, whatever you call it is just a phase the PRCs are experiencing right now. Singapore had it around 10-15 years ago. Singaporean are probably more "gracious" now where the pursuit of money becomes less important.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in Shanghai last year taking a bus from the bus terminal.

The bus was empty obviously and yet the PRCs are still pushing and shoving to get on the bus.

I faint.

At least they still allow you to take the bus....... me was at the Peace Hotel and saw the taxi queue was long....... so I went to the bus stop to take a bus as my intended destination is nearby...... knnccb the bus driver tell me to go take taxi as the buses ARE FOR LOCALS ONLY !!!