• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Hawkers - Are They Considered TALENTS?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 29 Jul, 2009 14:15
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>China-run stall at West Coast Drive sells Bak Koot The

STOMPer Meat Lover spotted this sign outside a West Coast coffee shop, promoting its ‘Bak Koot The’. The misspelling prompted him to have doubts about the food.

Says the STOMPer:

“This was spotted at Blk 501, West Coast Drive, near the wet market at a coffee shop front.

“The Bak Kut Teh stall has its signboard printed wrongly.

“It's printed as ‘Bak Koot The’.

“The common name should be ‘Bak Kut Teh’ which is a direct translation from dialect.

“I also noticed that the cook at the coffee shop is from China.

“I wonder if they know how to cook the traditional ‘local’ taste of the soup.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted on 29 Jul, 2009 14:15
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>China-run stall at West Coast Drive sells Bak Koot The

STOMPer Meat Lover spotted this sign outside a West Coast coffee shop, promoting its ‘Bak Koot The’. The misspelling prompted him to have doubts about the food.

Says the STOMPer:

“This was spotted at Blk 501, West Coast Drive, near the wet market at a coffee shop front.

“The Bak Kut Teh stall has its signboard printed wrongly.

“It's printed as ‘Bak Koot The’.

“The common name should be ‘Bak Kut Teh’ which is a direct translation from dialect.

“I also noticed that the cook at the coffee shop is from China.

“I wonder if they know how to cook the traditional ‘local’ taste of the soup.”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The signboard also made by another PRC talent. Lots of badly trnaslated signboards in China which are outrageously funny.

Bak Kut Teh no need to learn one lah, I buy those Bak Kut Teh mix from the supermarket, just add water and Bak kut, taste better than the ones they sell outside!

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They must have used MS Word spell check. "Teh" is always corrected to "The" is MS Word.

Really!

:smile:

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your information.

SBS Bus Captain : some are PRC..
Taxi Driver : some are PRC citizen converted.
Food court hawker : PRC too.
Food court helper : PRC too
Prostitutes : majority are PRC
Chinese restuarant : waitresses most are PRC.
There are so many.. it's a matter of time.

Advise to Local Singaporean, irregardless of race. please learn chinese.
Even Africa also got lots of Chinese already.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a free country
you can eave the country
or stay and take the PRC salary or not work at all