• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Powerful words of Vincent wijeysingha

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The flames that burn in the heart

VINCENT WIJEYSINGHA·FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2017
I used to live in Singapore. Born and bred, I left in my twenties to study in the UK and lived there for several years after.
In 2009, I returned home and, with some years of social work experience, I became involved in one or two human rights and political projects. I also taught at a local university.
One day in 2015, I was summoned to a senior manager. Without any awkwardness, entirely as a matter of course, he said “our friends” had been to see him and, therefore, he could no longer keep me.
The friend, there was no doubt, was the Internal Security Department, Singapore’s secret police, who have formidable powers, mostly carried over from colonial days, to torture and to imprison without trial. (Their longest detainee was held without charge or conviction more years than Nelson Mandela who had had, for all the flaws of South Africa’s detestable apartheid system, a free and fair trial in court.)
I looked for a new job and, within six months, found myself abroad, again teaching social work.
In the intervening time—some two and a half years—several of my friends came up against the Singapore police for various offences inscribed in the public order statutes.
I kept away from their troubles. I took the view that, as a matter of fair-mindedness, one should not criticise a regime from the safety of another country. And, if I’m honest, I must admit to a petulant impulse to leave Singaporeans to their fate. If they are content in their servitude, then to what purpose my concern on their behalf.
Suddenly, however, while cooking dinner last Thursday, I got several texts and missed calls. ‘Jolovan has been arrested’, they all said in one form or another. My self-imposed exile was interrupted.
Because Jolovan is a very dear friend.
And a fellow social worker. As with many social workers, we both—kind of—stumbled into social work, him because the enrolment line at university was the shortest, me because I was running out of options as I hit my twenties!
But social work enters the blood, unfortunately. And for Jolovan Wham, it is his blood. The nation has watched as, over the last decade and a half, he worked incredibly hard to mainstream causes that were—or are—unfashionable. Unsafe. Unwelcome. Troublesome to the powers-that-be.
Low-waged migrant workers.
Victims of sex trafficking.
Abused children.
Human rights defenders.
People discriminated for their sexuality.
And, lately, the survivors of Operation Spectrum and victims of Singapore’s death penalty.
The late British parliamentarian, Tony Benn, said his motivation across six decades of public service was the belief that two flames burned in the human heart: the flame of anger at injustice and the flame of hope that a better world is possible.
At close range, I have seen those flames burn brightly in Jolovan’s heart. And so today, almost inevitably, we find him opposite the spiteful might of the Singapore state.
For organising a discussion on democracy.
For reading a book on a train.
For holding a memorial vigil for a prisoner on death row the night before his execution.
Jolovan may go to jail. He may pay hefty fines. He may even be caned.
(And make no mistake, this is not some shambling English schoolmaster tapping you on the bum with a yard rule but a thick bamboo rod designed to tear the flesh, thereby causing intense pain but no lasting injury.)
But it would be a greater tragedy—if such a tragic thing could be measured—if Singaporeans turn silently away from this horrible injustice that their government will do in their name.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jolovan has a lot of trouble of picking his fights. He no doubt is an excellent social worker and godsend to the downtrodden and abused foreigners and there are many but he needs to learn.

These are 2 of his really silly mistakes. He refused to accept a Police warning and challenged it in court and had to pay couple of thousands in cost. He refuses to sign his own statements. Nobody asked him to sign the statement of 7 Eleven counter staff. These are petty and silly stuff. You never seen Alex Au doing these sort of circus and clown like tricks.

The govt cannot touch him on the numerous cases that he brought to light on foreign workers and some of these are indeed shocking and a disgrace for MOM and our country. These include our form of rendition where employers hire private security firms such as Cisco to bundle workers out of the country without settling payments, surgeons giving one day MC for fractures, and host of other abuses.

He should leave the petty stuff to the usual lot.

Its important not to let the Govt take him out.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This government is going to be facing things more nasty than Jolovan who is not silly unlike ballless boy Scroobal. Scary things in and out of Singapore are brewing as the Clown made the conditions ripe.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would serve well as shadow minster of mcys, if we had a shadow cabinet. What a pity at the waste of talent. We claim human resources are our most precious commodity, yet we don't try to harness the ones who shine.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
This government is going to be facing things more nasty than Jolovan who is not silly unlike ballless boy Scroobal. Scary things in and out of Singapore are brewing as the Clown made the conditions ripe.

If scary things are indeed brewing, then we should all keep our guard up. Personal attacks only weaken us all, so why engage in it when scarier things are coming as u claim? Chill for the weekend.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jolovan has a lot of trouble of picking his fights. He no doubt is an excellent social worker and godsend to the downtrodden and abused foreigners and there are many but he needs to learn.

These are 2 of his really silly mistakes. He refused to accept a Police warning and challenged it in court and had to pay couple of thousands in cost. He refuses to sign his own statements. Nobody asked him to sign the statement of 7 Eleven counter staff. These are petty and silly stuff. You never seen Alex Au doing these sort of circus and clown like tricks.

The govt cannot touch him on the numerous cases that he brought to light on foreign workers and some of these are indeed shocking and a disgrace for MOM and our country. These include our form of rendition where employers hire private security firms such as Cisco to bundle workers out of the country without settling payments, surgeons giving one day MC for fractures, and host of other abuses.

Why can't these gays learn from Sun Tse's art of war? You can't do a D-day when you have miniscule numbers and power. Do a Vietcong.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am fed up with gayboy Wham. He's been making life difficult for towkays like myself, driving up our costs of housing and feeding our cheap serfs. I hope he gets fined into bankruptcy, jailed, caned and finally getting butt fucked by the inmates in prison.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We always lacked strategist or two in the opposition mix with the exception of Maurice and LTK.

Wham has been a constant thorn in recent years to the establishment, the foreign press love him as he gives the honest truth but he needs guidance how to avoid petty things that the govt can get him.

Sadly it’s the usual problem - listening to the wrong advice. Good advice is taken as personal attacks. It took 2 decades for SDP to realise that their strategy was wrong.

You never see Vincent Wijeysingha nor Paul Thambiah at civil disobedience events yet they pulled in the crowd. Note how quickly VW killed legal suits against him. Smart bloke.

I am sure if VW is still in Spore he would have guided JW. Note what he wrote.

Why can't these gays learn from Sun Tse's art of war? You can't do a D-day when you have miniscule numbers and power. Do a Vietcong.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
The flames that burn in the heart

VINCENT WIJEYSINGHA·FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2017
I used to live in Singapore. Born and bred, I left in my twenties to study in the UK and lived there for several years after.
In 2009, I returned home and, with some years of social work experience, I became involved in one or two human rights and political projects. I also taught at a local university.
One day in 2015, I was summoned to a senior manager. Without any awkwardness, entirely as a matter of course, he said “our friends” had been to see him and, therefore, he could no longer keep me.
The friend, there was no doubt, was the Internal Security Department, Singapore’s secret police, who have formidable powers, mostly carried over from colonial days, to torture and to imprison without trial. (Their longest detainee was held without charge or conviction more years than Nelson Mandela who had had, for all the flaws of South Africa’s detestable apartheid system, a free and fair trial in court.)
I looked for a new job and, within six months, found myself abroad, again teaching social work.
In the intervening time—some two and a half years—several of my friends came up against the Singapore police for various offences inscribed in the public order statutes.
I kept away from their troubles. I took the view that, as a matter of fair-mindedness, one should not criticise a regime from the safety of another country. And, if I’m honest, I must admit to a petulant impulse to leave Singaporeans to their fate. If they are content in their servitude, then to what purpose my concern on their behalf.
Suddenly, however, while cooking dinner last Thursday, I got several texts and missed calls. ‘Jolovan has been arrested’, they all said in one form or another. My self-imposed exile was interrupted.
Because Jolovan is a very dear friend.
And a fellow social worker. As with many social workers, we both—kind of—stumbled into social work, him because the enrolment line at university was the shortest, me because I was running out of options as I hit my twenties!
But social work enters the blood, unfortunately. And for Jolovan Wham, it is his blood. The nation has watched as, over the last decade and a half, he worked incredibly hard to mainstream causes that were—or are—unfashionable. Unsafe. Unwelcome. Troublesome to the powers-that-be.
Low-waged migrant workers.
Victims of sex trafficking.
Abused children.
Human rights defenders.
People discriminated for their sexuality.
And, lately, the survivors of Operation Spectrum and victims of Singapore’s death penalty.
The late British parliamentarian, Tony Benn, said his motivation across six decades of public service was the belief that two flames burned in the human heart: the flame of anger at injustice and the flame of hope that a better world is possible.
At close range, I have seen those flames burn brightly in Jolovan’s heart. And so today, almost inevitably, we find him opposite the spiteful might of the Singapore state.
For organising a discussion on democracy.
For reading a book on a train.
For holding a memorial vigil for a prisoner on death row the night before his execution.
Jolovan may go to jail. He may pay hefty fines. He may even be caned.
(And make no mistake, this is not some shambling English schoolmaster tapping you on the bum with a yard rule but a thick bamboo rod designed to tear the flesh, thereby causing intense pain but no lasting injury.)
But it would be a greater tragedy—if such a tragic thing could be measured—if Singaporeans turn silently away from this horrible injustice that their government will do in their name.

you do not know wat dat asshole has done in HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he beat all employers to pulp ... always on the side of FDWs as though they do no wrong, ... t is always the employers at fault. I had a maid who stole n convicted by court but this asshole Jolovan WHAM demanded everything under the sun for her.
no sympathy from me for this bastard

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
you do not know wat dat asshole has done in HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he beat all employers to pulp ... always on the side of FDWs as though they do no wrong, ... t is always the employers at fault. I had a maid who stole n convicted by court but this asshole Jolovan WHAM demanded everything under the sun for her.
no sympathy from me for this bastard

I WILL WHACK WHAM too if given the chance

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am fed up with gayboy Wham. He's been making life difficult for towkays like myself, driving up our costs of housing and feeding our cheap serfs. I hope he gets fined into bankruptcy, jailed, caned and finally getting butt fucked by the inmates in prison.

for once ayam on your side...... front n back

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

HE THINKS HE BEATING EMPLOYERS W HIS home muscle

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what kind of name is Jolovan and what do you expect to happen if you OPENLY break the law?
Didn't he learn '' you can do anything but don't be caught " or maybe he did not serve?

If you think the law(s) is unjust , then change it-first by forming/joining a political party, get elected to parliament and then say whatever shit you want with parliamentary immunity.

By helping FDW ect2 ain't gonna bring about an Arab Spring eqv here-even when people die (like 8 in SGH hepatitis scandal)
the ball less sheep here did not even so much as whimper!
LWL and LHY, the children of LKY was not able to even to dislodge the " dishonourable son".
needless to say Jolovan is no strategist

Last edited:

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will fire cracker........ if whipped, it will be rockets
Dat asshole deserves more given the wat he abused the powers vested w HOME