• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Powerful 7.5 quake strikes New Zealand

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tour dates

• 22/01/1965 Sydney, Australia, Manufacturer’s Auditorium, Agricultural Hall (2 shows)
  • 23/01/1965 Sydney, Australia, Manufacturer’s Auditorium, Agricultural Hall (3 shows)
  • 25/01/1965 Brisbane, Australia, City Hall (2 shows)
  • 26/01/1965 Brisbane, Australia, City Hall (2 shows)
  • 27/01/1965 Sydney, Australia, Manufacturer’s Auditorium, Agricultural Hall (2 shows)
  • 28/01/1965 St. Kilda, Australia, Palais Theatre (2 shows)
  • 29/01/1965 St. Kilda, Australia, Palais Theatre (3 shows)
  • 01/02/1965 Christchurch, New Zealand, Theatre Royal (2 shows)
  • 02/02/1965 Invercargill, New Zealand, Civic Theatre (2 shows)
  • 03/02/1965 Dunedin, New Zealand, Town Hall (2 shows)
  • 06/02/1965 Auckland, New Zealand, Town Hall (2 shows)
  • 08/02/1965 Wellington, New Zealand, Town Hall (2 shows)
  • 10/02/1965 St. Kilda, Australia, Palais Theatre (2 shows)
  • 11/02/1965 Adelaide, Australia, Centennial Hall (2 shows)
  • 13/02/1965 Perth, Australia, Capitol Theatre (3 shows)
  • 16/02/1965 Singapore, Badminton Hall (2 shows)
For a country that has more sheeps than people, they played a lot of shows there. :eek: You seem hell-bent on proving that NZ is a 'hip' place. :biggrin: :biggrin: :p

But how is it that I have been hearing cases of young New Zelanders moving to Australia? Job opportunities?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The geographical position and demographic proportion between New Zealand and Australia is roughly that as between Singapore and Malaysia. The difference is in the political relation. If Singapore is an accidental nation, then NZ is an unnecessary nation. It makes a difference to Singapore whether it's part of Malaysia or not. It makes no difference to NZ whether it's a part of Australia or not.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard they were enroute to Australia and a one-night-only concert was arranged for the stopover in Singapore. That concert was opened by...hold your breath...traditional Chinese lion dance...and the crowd crashed down a wall and Badminton Hall had to be closed down quite a while for renovation after all. LKY wasn't pleased at all.

Since when does LKY has a sense of fun...:rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do.

Imagine there's no MM, imagine there's no SM
Imagine trust our PM, without PMOMs

Imagine no GRC, no racial quota too
Imagine no ISD, say what you want to

Ai...ai..ah...ah...ah...

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us, and PMO is under one

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
For a country that has more sheeps than people, they played a lot of shows there. :eek: You seem hell-bent on proving that NZ is a 'hip' place. :biggrin: :biggrin: :p

I'm simply illustrating how it would be best if you didn't shoot your mouth off before first doing a bit of research.:rolleyes:

Misconceptions regarding how the rest of the world lives is what stops the ignorant and the brainwashed from breaking free from the clutches of the PAP no matter how badly they're treated.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
Very sorry to here tat a earthquake has struck there,in the '95 had a short stint at a friend farm at dunedin/mosgiel,when free would always head down to christchurch and makan at a restaurant call TGIF.dun know still there or not..and would go to mt cook for jalan jalan.hope everything is ok there.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm simply illustrating how it would be best if you didn't shoot your mouth off before first doing a bit of research.:rolleyes:

Misconceptions regarding how the rest of the world lives is what stops the ignorant and the brainwashed from breaking free from the clutches of the PAP no matter how badly they're treated.

You are starting to remind me of Che Guevara.

Y

Yuan Shao

nabi3.JPG

nabi4.JPG

nabi2.JPG

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
NZ Earthquake: 'Miracle' No One Killed

New Zealand's prime minister says it is "a miracle" that no-one was killed after an earthquake struck its second largest city, cracking roads and destroying buildings.

A state of emergency has been declared after a 7.0-magnitude quake cut off power and knocked residents off their feet.

Chimneys also crumbled and looters broke into damaged shops, though only two people were seriously injured.
Prime Minister John Key said it was "an absolute miracle" no one was killed. The powerful tremor hit 19 miles (30km) west of the city.

Christchurch mayor Bob Parker declared a state of emergency after receiving reports of widespread damage.

He said the "sharp, vicious earthquake has caused significant damage in parts of the city... with walls collapsed that have fallen into the streets".
Police cordoned off some streets due to rubble and 'quake damage.

Police inspector Mike Coleman said: "There is considerable damage in the central city and we've also had reports of looting, just shop windows broken and easy picking of displays.

"It's very unsafe to be out and about."
The quake hit at 4.35am (4.35pm GMT) shaking, thousands of people awake, New Zealand's National Radio reported.

Christchurch International Airport was closed after the tremor as a precaution, as experts prepared to check the runways and airport terminals, a spokesman said.

New Zealand sits above an area of the Earth's crust where two tectonic plates collide.

The country records more than 14,000 earthquakes a year - but only about 150 are felt by people. Fewer than 10 a year do any damage.

There is a major diference in how the NZ plan and prepare themselves against natural diseaster compared to other Asian countries. The zero death shows that NZ value lives. Unlike places like Paki, China, India and Indon. We need responsible government to protect it's people._

Good building practices and country's development must be top priority but sadly many view economic progress above all.

Y

Yuan Shao

3,000 Malaysians including 800 students in NZ are safe

Sunday September 5, 2010

3,000 Malaysians including 800 students in NZ are safe

PETALING JAYA: All Malaysians in Christchurch are safe, said Malaysian High Commissioner to New Zealand Datuk Hasnudin Hamzah There are about 800 students in universities in the disaster area and an estimated 2,000 to 3,000 Malaysians living in the city located at the South Island of New Zealand, he said. He added that the commission was in touch with student representatives in Christchurch.

“We have received several calls from them assuring us of their safety. However, the situation is yet to be fully stable.
“We have also advised Malaysians there to follow the instructions of local authorities,” he said, adding that latest updates and the well-being of students were being conveyed to their loved ones through e-mail, Facebook and Twitter.

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
The same logic apply to us, if our MND has done a proper job in planning for the large foreigner intake, Sinkies wouldn't have made so much noise. Better planning in housing and transport from Mr Mah would have made the population increase a further pleasing experience.

Everything starts from a drop of water into a peaceful pond. Lessen the ripper effect lessen the unhappiness.

Pippa Wong

Alfrescian
Loyal
We hope you are ok Mr Kiwibird7 and your place is allright. I live over 100 kms from the epicenter. Was quite badly shaken about in the bed for almost a minute at 4.30 on Sat morning. My husband got up and did a quick check of house. All was ok. He insisted we stayed outside in the cold for a while in case the house fell on us. If our sewage line was broken his NS training will be useful and he can dig a trench for toilet waste. My daughter is now home cause Uni is now closed. No damage here. Aftershocks cause me a bit of nausea. Worse than morning sickness! We got off lightly this time, no loss of life. Like Mayor Bob Parker said never mind material loss but at least no one died.