• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poly Grad, 28, Made $1M Selling Properties!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I agree with you that his numbers don't quite add up. I suspect his income (if he is being truthful) is a combination of business revenue + a fair bit of private speculation.

Bryan simply comes across as another young punk who got lucky. He seems to have started in this business right at the start of an upswing and is now benefiting from a low rate environment. This punk hasn't even worked thru one complete cycle! And he is talking about retirement at 40? Kid needs to grow up more!

That's right, the only reason he is doing well is because the rates have come down and people want to refinance into the lower rate. Once the rate comes back up to a more "normal" level, that incentive to refi will be gone. Lets see how he does than.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10 percent to church, well i hope the property price crash and turn his million to nothing.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"the millionaires that I know personally would never in a million years grant an interview to this shit times reporter Lorna Tan"

It does make a lot sense because this young chap is getting free advertising courtesy of the ST. Wonder if Lorna Tan attends the same church?

HAHA!!! Another truth revealer. I guess you must be a millionaire yourself. A person who can make a million based on his own effort will need some brain to do that.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAHA!!! Another truth revealer. I guess you must be a millionaire yourself. A person who can make a million based on his own effort will need some brain to do that.

CB Kia tonychat,

caught u balls-sucking the rich again.

fucking pathetic :oIo::oIo:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got cold-called by this fella last year. I rejected his service cos already refinanced but referred him to a relative who was a sure hit business but he didn't follow up. so much for hard work!

miosux

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right, the only reason he is doing well is because the rates have come down and people want to refinance into the lower rate. Once the rate comes back up to a more "normal" level, that incentive to refi will be gone. Lets see how he does than.

why can't we celebrate the success of others instead of waiting to see them die?

doesn't matter how he does in future, if he makes it now, saves/invests wisely, then he's secured for the future no?

not directed at you, but i think a lot of us Singaporeans are green-eyed monsters. even if that chap wants to how lian and talk big and kena audit by IRAS, that's his prerogative

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
You made some good points. Agree with you. What comes after! is the pegging of ministers' salary to the highest income earners.

How about we peg their salary to a weighted combination of the median and lowest income earners (Singaporeans only). Then we add a clawback provision if the gap between the highest and lowest income earners exceeds a certain range. How's that for an idea?

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure that is his goal to get free advertising for his business by doing this interview with Lorna Tan. But if you were a potential client, would u use his services? By his own admission, he was addicted to stock trading, and loss $300K. Instead of concentrating on his mortgage business, he tries contra trading. How do u know he is spending his best effort to get u the best deal for your mortgage? He does not seem very dedicated to his career.

Unfortunately, there are not enough people who think like you. The herd generally gets attracted to successful people (success in S'pore = $$). Who knows, maybe he wants to be the next Adam Khoo. Maybe write a book on how he made millions (so you can too!) and start conducting motivational seminars etc etc. Maybe we will see the BC School for budding real estate agents.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would also point out that he started in the property business in 2004. A rising tide lifts all boats! He needs to work thru a couple of cycles and if he is still making millions, then I'll be impressed.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm satisfied with what I've achieved so far but I wasn't a millionaire at 29. In my line of work, there is an apprenticeship before one gets to make the big bucks. Unlike this young chap, I've always been a worker, never a master of my own fate. So, I'll give him credit for having the balls to take some risks. However, it does seem that fate had thrown him a good hand to play. Truly successful people make their millions whatever hand fate deals them.

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"why can't we celebrate the success of others instead of waiting to see them die?"

I'll give the chap credit for having the courage to take risks. However, I was just pointing out that luck has played a disproportionate part in his success:

1. He started in 2004 ie. "a rising tide lifts all boats"

2. He lucked into a period of extremely low interest rates immediately after a run up in property transactions.

So please excuse me if I seem less than impressed.

"doesn't matter how he does in future, if he makes it now, saves/invests wisely, then he's secured for the future no?"

The young punk blew 300K speculating on penny shares. He then spends 150K on a merc while still in the early stages of building his company, and he has yet to work thru a proper cycle.

Based on all that, he better hope he continues to do well in the future.

"not directed at you, but i think a lot of us Singaporeans are green-eyed monsters. even if that chap wants to how lian and talk big and kena audit by IRAS, that's his prerogative"

just putting his "success" in context.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I got cold-called by this fella last year. I rejected his service cos already refinanced but referred him to a relative who was a sure hit business but he didn't follow up. so much for hard work!

He was busy trading stock mah. either that, or he made too much money already.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
why can't we celebrate the success of others instead of waiting to see them die?

doesn't matter how he does in future, if he makes it now, saves/invests wisely, then he's secured for the future no?

not directed at you, but i think a lot of us Singaporeans are green-eyed monsters. even if that chap wants to how lian and talk big and kena audit by IRAS, that's his prerogative

I don't have a problem with celebrating someone's success. But I don't like braggards. Saying u paid cash for a new $150K merc on a national newspaper is bragging. Saying u spend 1 week at an expensive culinary school in Paris is also bragging. FYI, my car which i paid cash for, including COE is a little less than $150K, but most of my friends and relatives don't know how much I pay for it. I have never bothered to tell them. And they don't ask.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't have a problem with celebrating someone's success. But I don't like braggards. Saying u paid cash for a new $150K merc on a national newspaper is bragging. Saying u spend 1 week at an expensive culinary school in Paris is also bragging. FYI, my car which i paid cash for, including COE is a little less than $150K, but most of my friends and relatives don't know how much I pay for it. I have never bothered to tell them. And they don't ask.

u r the one! low profile chap, infact those bragging guys usually r low selfesteen....