• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poll: IDA defended employee with fake MBA. Thoughts?

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Source: [url]www.domainofexperts.com[/URL]

0QYokst.png

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thoughts? Well, how wide spread is this kind of faking going in the civil service and what the Head of Civil Service is going to do about it?

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Netizens Flood IDA with “Job Applications” using Fake Degrees, After it Defended its Hiring of Woman Who Holds Fake MBA
Posted on Apr 19 2015 - 6:20pm by Benita Aw

Netizens are apparently flooding the Infocomm Development Authorithy’s (IDA) Facebook page to apply for jobs using supposed “fake degrees”.

This comes after the IDA defended it’s decision to hire a woman who was found to have possessed qualifications bought from a degree mill.

Netizens were quick with their own antics, in response to the IDA’s hiring practices:

Joe Azathoth: Dear IDA Management, I purchased a degree from skme dot com and I wonder if there is any available position for me? Don’t worry, no one will know its fake cos you also dont know its fake but I know you will defend me to the very end. Love you IDA.

Ridhuan Abdullah: I like to apply for the post of COO. I have a fake degree from a fake University called South Pacific University. When can I start?

Lee Shao Min: i heard can get a position using my fake cert from SPU in IDA. can i get the salary scale base on my SPU cert but work wise base on my PSLE cert? thks.

Faizal Hedge: I am planning to apply a job at IDA. Heard you guys accept fake degrees from fake universities. Will get one and apply here. What positions are available at the moment?

Wong Dao Kang: Is there any walk in interview booths on site? And how many fake certificates can iDA accept? Do I stand a higher chance if I pad my resume with plenty of fake accolades?
The IDA says that Nisha Padmanabhan was not hired based on her fake MBA from Southern Pacific University.

The IDA had explained, after a complaint from the public, that the applications consultant was hired based only on her bachelor’s degree from Mumbai University.

But that statement has also rankled netizens, with many questioning why shew was hired from a university ranked more than 500 places lower than Singapore’s top local universities over local graduates if that were truly the case.

This is the IDA’s explanation as to why it hired Nisha Padmanabhan:

“We have investigated and would like to share that Nisha Padmanabhan, a Singapore citizen who joined IDA in 2014, has a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university and was recruited because of this Bachelor degree, extensive past work experience and good track record.

Nisha pursued an MBA out of personal interest, and it was not a relevant certificate for her position in IDA though she was open about the fact that she had obtained it. Her MBA from Southern Pacific University was not a factor that contributed to her employment at IDA.

In fact, 93.5% of all IDA staff that were hired at the level of Applications Consultant were based on their Bachelor’s degree. We would like to share that Nisha has been a committed team member and contributed in her role as an Applications Consultant for the past year.

We would also like to take this chance to share that IDA selects employees based on a holistic set of criteria which includes their educational qualifications, work experience, individual career aspirations and personality traits.”

http://redwiretimes.com/singapore-in-brief/netizens-flood-ida-with-job-applications-using-fake-degrees-after-it-defended-its-hiring-of-woman-who-holds-fake-mba/

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF!!! Calvin Cheng

CALVIN CHENG: THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH 'BUYING' A DEGREE FROM A MILL

Post date:
20 Apr 2015 - 12:35pm

Amazing how many nincompoops on 'alternative' sites are insisting that IDA has no integrity for hiring a foreigner with a fake degree.

The person in question has an MBA from Southern Pacific University, which is an unaccredited university, a degree-mill. This is different from fraudulently claiming to for example have an MBA from Harvard when you don't have one.

This foreigner put her degree on her CV and IDA rightly discounted it, since it's a non-accredited degree, and hired her on her Bachelors, which is from a reputable university.

That's it. There is no fraud, no lying, no local deprived of a job because of a fake degree.

Now if only these people will stop spreading their own lies. I must say that the comment sections of the Facebook pages of these alternative news sites are a cesspool of stupidity.

Calvin Cheng

*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/calvinchengnmp/posts/907779712605439

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IDA Singapore
4 hrs ·
Hello everybody, we understand your sentiments and concerns and we are continuing to look into the case concerning Nisha Padmanabhan. Meanwhile, if you have further comments to share on this matter, we seek your understanding to leave them on this post or email to us via [email protected]. Moving ahead, we will be more actively moderating comments on the rest of our Facebook posts to let the discussion remain civil and constructive. Thank you for your patience on this matter.
Like · Comment · Share
Most Relevant
24 people like this.
15 shares

Janan Loh Does "actively moderating" = deleting the hard/embarrassing questions?
Like · Reply · 25 · 3 hrs
View previous replies

IDA Singapore Hi Janan Loh,we generally do not remove comments. As mentioned in the "About" tab on our FB page, we do not discriminate against any view but we reserve the right to remove comments that contain vulgarities, are personal attacks against individuals or are deemed inappropriate, out of respect for users of our page. It can be a tough call at times.
Like · 3 hrs · Edited
View more replies

Reanne Lee Thank you for the swift reply IDA. You have my full support. Please ignore the trolls and let them be. Have a nice day!
Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs
7 Replies · 4 mins

Terence Helikaon Nunis When someone puts a qualification on her resume, as in this case, that was never earned, the intent is solely to lie, to deceive, to defraud. No one puts these things there for decoration. It is a question of a lack of integrity and moral ambiguity. That the IDA sees fit to defend such an action calls the judgment of their management into question as well.
Like · Reply · 29 · 3 hrs

Reanne Lee Rest of you out yourself into Nisha position. If IDA can complete a career defining investigation in few days time, will you have faith and trust in the findings? More like an half arsed job wouldn't it be? I say give IDA the space to do their job! The...See More
Like · Reply · 4 · 3 hrs
12 Replies · 1 min

Chris Yap Preposterous!! What is taking so long to evaluate this case? How do IDA as a government entity answer to all the taxpayers? What is the preventive measure? how? what? why? Are you "opening door" for people to buy degree without consequences?
Like · Reply · 12 · 3 hrs · Edited
1 Reply

Alex Lim So her degree from Mumbai university is so much better than Singapore NTU and NUS that you choose her over local?
By the way, IDA did say that they did not consider her fake MBA when they employ her.
So Mumbai university is better than Singapore university???...See More
Like · Reply · 8 · 3 hrs
2 Replies · 23 mins

Deep Onion Our patience grow thinner each day. This sort of situation has already reoccur so frequently this past few years that the public has already grown tired of your "continuing to look into the case". You have just shown us and the world you cannot walk th...See More
Like · Reply · 8 · 2 hrs · Edited

Rodney Ang Why is there a need to 'continuing to look into the case…', when it is as clear as daylight? Isn't this another example of the 'emporor's new clothes'?
Like · Reply · 7 · 3 hrs

Jason Yeo In a civil and constructive reply, it would be very helpful that Ida do provide an estimated timeline or dateline on this investigation.

As a stat board using tax payers funding and as a normal tax payer, i would like to know what is Ida's stand on cheating and lying about information? Given that Ida is about information....See More
Like · Reply · 7 · 3 hrs
1 Reply

Chek Han Tan What is ida? Some gov agency from north korea?
Like · Reply · 7 · 3 hrs

Jerrick Lim Whats there to look? Its a straigh forward case. Dun nd to look. Stop looking here n there. Stop asking here n there.

Act on it. Dismiss dishonest employee immediately. No need to discuss...See More
Like · Reply · 16 · 3 hrs

JS Samsudin ICA should also explain if the decision to award her citizenship included her "MBA ". I'm assuming ICA will say no. But when applying for citizenship , if the MBA was included, would this be false information and liable for revoking of citizenship ?
Like · Reply · 5 · 1 hr

Tan Khiang The right way about this is
1. Fire Nisha as she basically do not have the qualifications required for the job advertised.
2. Get Nisha to get a proper qualification to remain in the job....See More
Like · Reply · 5 · 2 hrs

Lim Crag Leng Dear IDA, i suggest you uphold the public trust and look into this matter seriously. I mean SERIOUSLY!
Like · Reply · 3 · 1 hr

Ong Yu Shan What takes you so long to look into the case? What takes you so long to response Singaporeans' concern? Is a fake cert means is a fake cert. Why take weeks to look into the case?!??! Where is our government efficiency?
Like · Reply · 9 · 3 hrs

Methodia Lai Rascal Funny u rather spend them moderating posts here rather than take actions decisively . we singaporeans are just puzzled , how many days u want to look here look there ? cut yr coffee breaks and get the matter resolved !
Like · Reply · 9 · 3 hrs
3 Replies · 11 mins

Ken Chong hi IDA, u should take a look at how the Ex NCMP defends IDA. Personally i think its making IDA looks stupid.
Like · Reply · 3 · 2 hrs
2 Replies · 27 mins

JS Samsudin The people who did not due diligence, the HR personnel are equally responsible for this embarrassing debacle. The blame should equally go those who approved this hiring.
Like · Reply · 2 · 47 mins

Ken Lok I'm still waiting....
Like · Reply · 2 · 3 hrs

Sabta Wapunya i thought every time we fill up an application there's a clause some sort like False information shall disqualify you for employment or make you liable for dismissal if employed. Don't tell me that this use to be FT turn PR turn to new singaporean somehow give an exempted from this clause. Wow.. Double standard IDA.. well done.
Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr

Henry Chai Not just this case.. I would suggest Ida digs in further on other employees n make sure no one applies for any jobs in Ida using faked degrees. Thank u.
Like · Reply · 7 · 3 hrs

Albert Tan Once proven, actions taken immediately. Don't waste times.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Ashwin Saran Just a question. Some wise guy said there is nothing wrong with degrees from mills. So will it be ok for me to buy a PHD and open my own school here?
Like · Reply · 1 · 37 mins

Wey Yuan Ong sometimes i wonder if IDA are employing foreigners so as to put them on "top secret" projects relating to politics that singaporeans cannot know of...
Like · Reply · 1 · 58 mins

Kevin Chung In law, Fraud is deliberate deception to secure unfair or unlawful gain. A fraud was committed, what's there to "continuing to look into the case..."

Was somebody paid to overlook the fraud committed? OMG!
Like · Reply · 2 · 42 mins

Shiwen Yap IDA Singapore - whoever is managing the Facebook is in an extremely difficult position. I don't envy you guys. But do remember that any responses will have political overtones because its election year. In addition, you have a bunch of journalists following your site from around the world. Good luck managing this lovely little issue.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Ezra Kurniawan Nisha, please remain strong and calm. Regardless the outcome I am sure you have done your best for IDA. If you have no where else to go, Mr Teh Tarik at Tampines is currently hiring. They are always looking for grads from Mumbai to flip pratas. Take care Nisha. All the best.
Like · Reply · 48 mins

Patrick YL Interestingly, IDA have been given an award for HR Excellence Award on 2013...looks like they really deserved it for even accepting fake qualifications from their employees like Nisha, or intriguingly employing non-IT related professionals as IT consul...See More

Ex-IT consultant jailed 10 months for underage sex
A former Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore...
STRAITSTIMES.COM|BY ELENA CHONG
Like · Reply · 1 min

Stanford Ang Will your look into the case only involved that victim or gonna do a clean check on everybody within the IDA ?
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Shawn Tan poor interns,teruk ah must work over weekend to delete, i mean, moderate, comments
Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Leonard Hamsome Wee So will IDA's HR be taken to task? Will IDA's 'Foreign Talent" policy be reviewed? The people has the right to know.
Like · Reply · 1 hr

Azlan Bin Aziz Dear IDA, for an Infomation&Communication Development Authority of Singapore, you sure are Misinformed about the fake degree, your communication skills should be improved, you develop a 'siam arrow" attitute.
Like · Reply · 3 · 2 hrs

Azlan Bin Aziz IDA = I Don't Answer
Like · Reply · 3 · 2 hrs

Jony Ling Why can't IDA be more constructive in investigating this issue from the start? Now the onus is on the public?
Like · Reply · 5 mins

Wong Boon Hong If an organisation does not recognized a degree from an university, despite it was earned by a student thru hardwork, how does that degree become a fake?
Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Stacy Teo Maybe some at IDA may not know what a degree mill is. So here it is:
A degree mill is an unaccredited higher education institution that offers illegitimate academic degrees for a fee.
Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr · Edited

Stacy Teo Makes me wonder IDA management is filled with degree mill holders
Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr

Mike Tan There are so many IT grads from the polytechnic looking for jobs, why hire someone from uni of mumbai? I believe a poly grad pay would be lower as well. To add, uni of mumbai is not a top notch uni by any standard n Southern Pacific uni is far worse.
Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr

KM Lim some govt agencies can scrutinise u down to PSLE result even though u already have a degree...how come this one with fake master can get thru?
Like · Reply · 1 · 50 mins · Edited

Stacy Teo Why don't you put Nisha on unpaid leave while doing investigation?
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs

Mike Tan Uni of mumbai is ranked 2806 in the world, how does that compare with NUS/NTU?

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Asia/India

India | Ranking Web of Universities
WEBOMETRICS.INFO
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr

Pete Teo good job IDA
Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Xiao Ling Ma http://en.wikipedia.org/.../Infocomm_Development... Wiki didn't reflect this incident, so is this incident real?
Like · Reply · 1 hr

https://www.facebook.com/IDA.Singapore/posts/10152685571807511

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF!!! Calvin Cheng

Post date:

Amazing how many nincompoops on 'alternative' sites are insisting that IDA has no integrity for hiring a foreigner with a fake degree.

The person in question has an MBA from Southern Pacific University, which is an unaccredited university, a degree-mill. This is different from fraudulently claiming to for example have an MBA from Harvard when you don't have one.

This foreigner put her degree on her CV and IDA rightly discounted it, since it's a non-accredited degree, and hired her on her Bachelors, which is from a reputable university.

That's it. There is no fraud, no lying, no local deprived of a job because of a fake degree.

Now if only these people will stop spreading their own lies. I must say that the comment sections of the Facebook pages of these alternative news sites are a cesspool of stupidity.

Calvin Cheng

*Article first appeared on https://www.facebook.com/calvinchengnmp/posts/907779712605439

Calvin: fuckoff if you got nothing sensible to write

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF!!! Calvin Cheng

Post date:

Calvin Cheng

This Cheng is really myopic. Holding a mill degree is synonymous to holding a piece of paper which has no academic value. If pappies continued to have supporters like him it would be the end of pappies.

marjojohn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore will be conquered by foreigners without dropping a bomb soon. We may see a FT become PM someday. This is not a country anymore. No sense of patriotism. Prove me wrong please becos I belong to the dying breed of Singaporeans!!!