• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Policy gone wrong?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple-why condos do fogging every week but HDB estates do fogging only after Dengue/Zika/ chikungunya clusters are confirmed.

Why the disparity-HDB cleaner than condos?

Anyway most of 70% stay in HDB-just look at Bukit Batok-so I guess its OK with them

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple-why condos do fogging every week but HDB estates do fogging only after Dengue/Zika/ chikungunya clusters are confirmed.

Anyway most of 70% stay in HDB-just look at Bukit Batok-so I guess its OK with them

I have a condo near me, they do fogging EVERY FRIDAY since they started...till today Friday they had just fogged...yet, they have cases of dengue reported...go figure!

They have a large rental population of kek leng kias & PRC's.....it is not the fogging...these people, are already infected, they have relatives coming from the 3rd world staying with them...the mosquitoes bite these people & gets infected & viola!...you get DENGUE OUTBREAK...

But NEA...will blame it on the flower pots, the vase the....BUT THEY FOG EVERY FRIDAY.....what the F@#%% ( FOG!)..

jw5

Loyal

The pappy way is to close the barn doors after the horses have bolted. :biggrin:

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone any idea why there are still so many mosquito breeding sites which resulted in the annual mozzie season, all these despite the campaigns for mozzie-wipeout and what nots.

The HDB blocks in Sims drive are the old type and those in Bedok, similarly so. All old-type HDB flats have waste pipes which have a certain convex curve in one portion before it connects to the straight pipe that flushes down the used water. That is a place where it breeds mossies. Every flat is a breeding ground. Most folks did not know what to do with them. How I know. I used to stay in one and every day then, I used to ponder where the mossies are coming from.

I understand NEA does every flat inspection but the funny part is that they totally ignore these pipes. They check everything except these pipes. It is as if they do not want to claim responsibility over these pipes which technically is a responsibility of HDB. Try asking them about it and the NEA officer will just shrug his shoulders.

To resolve the issue, it is very simple. Pour some chemical eg bleach into these pipes every week, and it will kill the mossies. I only figured it out back then after a long while. I will always wonder why they do all the crazy flogging and never seem to ponder upon these pipes.

On this, I am quite certain NEA and HDB are "sleeping" over it and all these talk, it is for show.

Once the mossies start breeding, they will spawn to other areas and that can include new areas.

This is a gargantuan mess and now there are mass infections - just think every HDB flat in the block is a breeding ground - the mossies just move in from one flat to another.

Try telling it to HDB - I reckon they will just shrug their shoulders again.

Last edited: