• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

police got tattoo

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...e_nsman_allowed_to_have_tattoos_that_can.html

why_is_police_nsman_allowed_to_have_tattoos_that_can-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Olivia came across this facebook posting by a police NSman who had uploaded a picture of his tattoo, and then bragged about being 'the first Police NSman' with a tattoo that can be seen even when he is in uniform.

She wonders if police officers in uniform are allowed to have visible tattoos.

Said the STOMPer:

"A friend of mine was surfing her facebook feed when she chanced upon a photo of a Singapore Police Force personnel who happily showed off his tattoo, claiming that he is 'the first pnsf that put tattoo until wear uniform also can see.'

"This reflects badly upon the image of the Singapore Police Force which I believe have always portrayed themselves as a highly regarded police force.

"What is also appalling is that he seemed to be supported by his friends, who 'liked' the photo and posted comments like 'Respect' and 'Salute'.

"I did not know that Police Officers could wear their uniforms with their tattoos showing.

"Is this what the Singapore Police Force allows for all of their personnel? Because I don't think that it reflects a good image on Singapore.

"I hope to be clarified on this issue as soon as possible."

Since last time already got police man got tattoo. as long as when u put your uniform, ur tattoo cannot be seen.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tattoos would be exposed during training while the trainee is in PT kit or swimming trunks. Unlikely the SPF will ok it. In the 70s, some trainees had tattoos but those days, senior management viewed such matters very differently. More tolerant then.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tattoos would be exposed during training while the trainee is in PT kit or swimming trunks. Unlikely the SPF will ok it. In the 70s, some trainees had tattoos but those days, senior management viewed such matters very differently. More tolerant then.

Same same with SIA....
Heard that for CNB it's different....exposed tattoos ok maybe due to undercover work.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same same with SIA....
Heard that for CNB it's different....exposed tattoos ok maybe due to undercover work.

Yes, ok to have tattoos and spot long hair in CNB as long as it enhances your job performance. This privilege is not available in the intel community in the SPF. Slightly longer hair is permissible for those in SIB/SAF as some of them need to look like non-SAF chaps to go undercover with reservists during their ICT.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, ok to have tattoos and spot long hair in CNB as long as it enhances your job performance. This privilege is not available in the intel community in the SPF. Slightly longer hair is permissible for those in SIB/SAF as some of them need to look like non-SAF chaps to go undercover with reservists during their ICT.

u mean even reservist also got undercover follow to see u hard pap or not?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we allow Lady Gaga into Singapore, why can't police have tattoo? Who is more popular and more likely to promote uncouth images?