• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PM Lee's Son Li Hongyi Design Parking.sg App In Two Days But Need 6 Months To Persuade PAP Gahmen To Use It! Still Think Civil Servants Pro-PAP?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have already mentioned exceptional son of an exceptional father, who was an exceptional son of the grand father. Must showcase the exceptional genes due to exceptional mating.

Everything is exceptional. Even he was to develop an app that can get a robot to suck your....that is also exceptional. Only thing is there are already enough 'robots' sucking...the exceptional, since grand dad was arounr.

EXCEPTIONAL.

Yes, an exceptional performance on an exceptional Stage to fit exceptionalLEE.
An ironLEE.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
20181111_ln_app-01.jpg

李鸿毅(后排中)目前在政府科技局担任产品与工程团队副主管,曾负责领导研发出Parking.sg停车应用的年轻团队。(档案照)

李显龙总理的儿子李鸿毅上个月接受数码媒体Advisory访问,指设计Parking.sg应用遇到的最大困难不是设计产品本身,而是政府机构的繁文缛节。他透露,团队只花了两天就设计了应用原型,但说服政府机构却花了半年。

李鸿毅目前在政府科技局(GovTech)担任产品与工程团队副主管,并参与研发Parking.sg停车应用、政府数据网站data.gov.sg,以及有助生成政府电子表格的FormSG平台。他指刚加入政府机构时,一心想着研发优质的产品,而政府会采用这些产品,因为政府在寻找能创造产品的技术专才,但事实并非如此。

他说,即使研发了有用的产品,政府有时的决策却让这个产品无法推行,因此研发团队就得设法说服它们。

以Parking.sg应用为例,李鸿毅说:“设计这款应用的原型只花了两天……但要说服市区重建局和建屋发展局却花了至少半年。”

他透露,这两个机构其实多年前就已有过类似概念,但用的是手机短信,当时这个概念太昂贵,所以不愿尝试。

因此,李鸿毅和团队得证明他们的应用更有效率且更具成本效益,例如我国政府的一个服务器可能约5000元,但用来操作Parking.sg应用的设施仅有700元。“有趣的是,我们的运作如此便宜,它们还认为我们在胡编乱造。”

他也指出,他在科技局的职务包括应付政府机构与其繁文缛节。他说,政府必须为公共资金负责,因此在推出一个新产品前需要先经过多层批准。

“在一个普通的科技公司,完成一个新产品后就能推出,但(政府机构)却不是这样,不单得经过内部批准,还得花时间说服他人这个产品的好处。”

李总理日前在首届“彭博创新经济论坛”对话会上指出,他的子女当中没有人表示有意从政,他们都有自己的责任和事业,并相信他们会以自己的方式为国家做贡献。

完整报道,请翻阅2018年11月11日的《联合晚报》。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20181111-906657
What a waste. Had he been a minister he would have done it in two weeks! Please, Mr Li, the people are urging you to join the PAP and help Singapore. The nation needs you! :notworthy:

kid a

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coupons still exist for the paranoid. But if you overcome your fears (of being tracked) the app is truly a godsend in terms of convenience.
Convenience is always the cover for an insidious agenda. I know we can't totally escape technology and getting tracked (cashless payments, drones, facial recognition etc) but we can do our part in accepting it in our own terms. Thank goodness for coupons as you say. Cheers :smile:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Convenience is always the cover for an insidious agenda. I know we can't totally escape technology and getting tracked (cashless payments, drones, facial recognition etc) but we can do our part in accepting it in our own terms. Thank goodness for coupons as you say. Cheers :smile:

Yes, an individual should have the right to make his/her own informed decision.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Convenience, yes. Godsend, I think not. Other than hardware cost, how different is it from the cash card reader functionality unless the main consideration is international portability. However, it is of utmost value to one group of people.

I love not having to punch out coupon tabs and feel like a criminal littering everytime I flick them off my seat. I love also how it reduces waste of paper. Most of all, I love the refund function if I end my parking early. Wow... A system that is actually fair?? It gives me a modicum of hope for a better time ahead.

And as for tracking... There is no feasible way of living off the grid in Singapore. So embrace it, or live forever in the shadows created in our own minds. Or emigrate if feasible.

Peace and love.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a waste. Had he been a minister he would have done it in two weeks! Please, Mr Li, the people are urging you to join the PAP and help Singapore. The nation needs you! :notworthy:

We often get what we deserve rather than what we need. Reap what we sow.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love not having to punch out coupon tabs and feel like a criminal littering everytime I flick them off my seat. I love also how it reduces waste of paper. Most of all, I love the refund function if I end my parking early. Wow... A system that is actually fair?? It gives me a modicum of hope for a better time ahead.
And as for tracking... There is no feasible way of living off the grid in Singapore. So embrace it, or live forever in the shadows created in our own minds. Or emigrate if feasible.
Peace and love.

Wise words from an educated man.
Singapore has a greying society.
National LEEders should not neglect the less endowed or less informed.
I use a tablet and screen-mirror to the 55" TV to read the news every day...but I still love to physically hold and read a novel.
Should we worry about cutting down one tree or about effective progressive replacements?
It's unwise for arrogant national LEEders to be we barking up the wrong tree ...Singapore's ageing society is indeed a ticking time bomb.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wise words from an educated man.
Singapore has a greying society.
National LEEders should not neglect the less endowed or less informed.
I use a tablet and screen-mirror to the 55" TV to read the news every day...but I still love to physically hold and read a novel.
Should we worry about cutting down one tree or about effective progressive replacements?
It's unwise for arrogant national LEEders to be we barking up the wrong tree ...Singapore's ageing society is indeed a ticking time bomb.

If seniors like you can adopt tech, then there is hope. (I assume u are senior!)

Did you watch Ready Player One? In the VR world of the future, old age is not a handicap.

With regards to progress... Yes I too love reading off paper rather than a screen but we adapt and evolve or we get replaced by the next superior version of homo sapiens. Just like what we did to homo erectus and kicked their butts out of paradise.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If seniors like you can adopt tech, then there is hope. (I assume u are senior!)
Did you watch Ready Player One? In the VR world of the future, old age is not a handicap.
With regards to progress... Yes I too love reading off paper rather than a screen but we adapt and evolve or we get replaced by the next superior version of homo sapiens. Just like what we did to homo erectus and kicked their butts out of paradise.

Information technology is my business. :smile:
Ready Player One is a Thought-provoking show. Yes, I love it because it depicts the not-distant future.
I believe not many of the elderly today may understand or appreciate the plot and intended messages within the production.
Adapt and evolve? There is no running away...but...
[elderlies] to adapt and evolve?
As I mentioned in earlier post, Singapore's ageing society is a ticking time bomb
Good luck to our national LEEders.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Information technology is my business. :smile:
Ready Player One is a Thought-provoking show. Yes, I love it because it depicts the not-distant future.
I believe not many of the elderly today may understand or appreciate the plot and intended messages within the production.
Adapt and evolve? There is no running away...but...
[elderlies] to adapt and evolve?
As I mentioned in earlier post, Singapore's ageing society is a ticking time bomb
Good luck to our national LEEders.

Have a good night, and maybe you can dream up of the next big tech thing to defuse the ticking time bomb of ageing society, and may you huat big big along the way!

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a good night, and maybe you can dream up of the next big tech thing to defuse the ticking time bomb of ageing society, and may you huat big big along the way!

Like Ah Meng, I just want to appreciate life.
Sensitivity and humility is the answer. The implementation of the transition to digital TV is a very good example. Flexibility and ready assistance. :smile:
Singapore is good...but... it can and could have been better.
Good night for the lovely exchanges. Sweet dreams.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP were to come to power again, it is my humble opinion that Mr Ng CM or Mr Heng SK would make a better PM than the designated one.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If PAP were to come to power again, it is my humble opinion that Mr Ng CM or Mr Heng SK would make a better PM than the designated one.

Heng SK clock is tickling away...remember he was rescued from the jaws of death or disability. Providence smiled on him...don't think, he will make a good PM...none of them can even....the current PM is resting on the work done by his father. In another generation that aura, will grow dim.

What has the current generation of PAP Leaders had done that is stellar or beneficial to the society as a whole? other than their fixation to demean , crush & fix the oppositions!? ..LKY, love him or hate him...had done a lot & an extremely tough act to follow.