• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee, Where Is Your Freaking Priority?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
As we are losing jobs by the thousands, with many household falling into financial hardships, and Spore is expected to be the worst performing economy in Asia, Guess what is our PM Lee's freaking priority for the nation ? TABLE TENNIS! WTF, how low can this govt get, planning to exploit 5-year-old toddlers for sport medals.
phpB6OyOt.jpg

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/401928/1/.html

PM Lee announces comprehensive plans to develop table tennis in S'pore
By Lau Joon-Nie, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 12 January 2009

SINGAPORE: Big plans are afoot to develop Singapore's table-tennis, especially among the young. This comes after the Republic's silver medal win at the Beijing Olympics last year.

Speaking at the Singapore Table Tennis Association's (STTA) fund-raising dinner on Monday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announced plans to develop young athletes.

This includes a kindergarten programme by the STTA and the PAP Community Foundation to teach five- to six-year-olds the basics of the sport.

A pilot scheme is currently running at Nee Soon South PCF Kindergarten till March, and if successful could be extended to other interested PCF kindergartens.

There is also a tie-up between the STTA and the Singapore Sports School to raise standards of training and help integrate foreign-born talent into Singapore's national team.

Mr Lee said: "You are not just training the kids to play table-tennis, but at the same time, they're in school and there's an academic curriculum, so they're prepared in a more rounded way for a long-term career and even after they retire from table-tennis."

President of STTA, Lee Bee Wah, said: "As for full-time athletes who have achieved glory for Singapore, they can choose to become coaches or go for further studies. That way, they can concentrate on their sporting careers with the assurance that they have other post-athletic options."

Speaking in Mandarin, Ms Lee also said the association would offer scholarships to promising young athletes and help them develop career pathways. She added that the association had raised over S$1 million so far. - CNA

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2j5jnr4.jpg

"Chey! i am already a millionaire without my hubby Li Chao, but money always no enough so the sky is the limit" hehe...

2roswao.jpg

"You cb traitor! I will never betray my country!"

kdtqp3.jpg

"You both can never be richer than me as my por lumpar skills are out of this world,
so my million dollar salary is guaranteed!" hehe...