• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PM Lee sacked CPIB chief Eric Tan

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
970841_10151498886892115_1545278090_n.jpg

JUST IN: The Workforce Development Agency's CEO, Wong Hong Kuan will succeed ‪#‎CPIB‬ Director Eric Tan from 1 Sept. The Prime Minister's office says this is to "maintain public trust and confidence in the CPIB". This comes after Edwin Yeo, an Asst Director at CPIB was charged with misappropriating S$1.7 million of public funds.

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The should sack Eric's boss too. Oops....

My thoughts, exactly.

But if Wong Can't Sing cannot be sacked by that SAME BOSS. That BOSS will never sack himself even if the shit was directly under his watch!

Sorry that Eric did not have Familee connection! LOL

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wong Hong Kuan appointed as new CPIB director

SINGAPORE – The Prime Minister’s office has issued the following statement following the appointment of Wong Hong Kuan as Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) director today:

An Independent Review Panel (IRP) reported that supervisory lapses in CPIB had resulted in deficiencies in financial controls and the loss of public funds. These in turn led to criminal charges against Mr Edwin Yeo, Assistant Director CPIB, which are currently before the Court. This statement does not touch on Mr Yeo’s innocence or guilt in respect of these charges.

These supervisory lapses occurred during the terms of two Directors of CPIB: Mr Soh Kee Hean (until Sep 2010) and the current Director Mr Eric Tan. Both Directors had supervisory and command responsibilities over Mr Edwin Yeo and his unit in CPIB. Both Directors have been issued formal letters of warning for their lapses, and have accepted responsibility for them.

To maintain public trust and confidence in CPIB and to fully implement the Review Panel’s recommendations, the Prime Minister has decided that Mr Wong Hong Kuan, currently the Chief Executive of the Singapore Workforce Development Agency, will succeed Mr Eric Tan as Director CPIB when Mr Tan’s term ends on 30 September 2013.

The President has concurred with the appointment of Mr Wong Hong Kuan, acting in his discretion under Article 22(1) of the Constitution. Mr Wong Hong Kuan will be posted to CPIB with effect from 1 September 2013 as Director Designate. Mr Eric Tan will work with Mr Wong Hong Kuan in the Bureau to ensure a smooth and seamless handover.

Despite this supervisory lapse, Mr Eric Tan has made many contributions to CPIB, strengthening the organisation and handling major corruption cases. He will be redeployed to other duties where his knowledge and experience will be valuable.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric_Tan.jpg
Mr Tan joined the Singapore Police Force in 1983. After receiving his senior officer training at the Police Academy, he did a stint in criminal investigation. Thereafter he served in the Internal Security Department handling investigations into matters of national security concern. In 1998, he was seconded to the Singapore Immigration & Registration as its Deputy Director. In 2001, he was seconded to the Central Narcotics Bureau first as its Deputy Director and thereafter to head the CNB as its youngest Director. In 2005, he became the Commissioner of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority. On 1 October 2010, the President of Singapore appointed him as the Director of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retribution does work in a strange but definite way!

But I bet Eric never saw it coming! LOL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
244cf2c613d55d742e4d394b2c55208b_330.jpg

I swear to God, Eric Tan will get his karma for saboing me.

And I swear to God again, whoever had anything to do with it or did nothing to stop it or did not take the shit for it , will get the next bad karma for saboing me!

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric_Tan.jpg
Mr Tan joined the Singapore Police Force in 1983. After receiving his senior officer training at the Police Academy, he did a stint in criminal investigation. Thereafter he served in the Internal Security Department handling investigations into matters of national security concern. In 1998, he was seconded to the Singapore Immigration & Registration as its Deputy Director. In 2001, he was seconded to the Central Narcotics Bureau first as its Deputy Director and thereafter to head the CNB as its youngest Director. In 2005, he became the Commissioner of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority. On 1 October 2010, the President of Singapore appointed him as the Director of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau.

This chap was showcased on mediacorpse tv about how clean his CPIB department was.
He even boost about taking "lie testing" on himself and all his team mates.
End of the day, I guess it's all about wayang show only.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My thoughts, exactly.

But if Wong Can't Sing cannot be sacked by that SAME BOSS. That BOSS will never sack himself even if the shit was directly under his watch!

Sorry that Eric did not have Familee connection! LOL

Should have married Lee Wei Ling, that'll put him in a higher position than WKS.

Daughter > niece.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eric_Tan.jpg

I honestly swear that I have seen a durian seller at a pasar malam who looks exactly like him, only without the tie and suit shown in the pic.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM is setting a bad precedence.
Now have to sack others involved in other cases....
Who to sack for SLA guy who stole millions?
Who to sack for Kovan murderer cop?
He just opened Pandora's box.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eric is the fall guy, asked to fall on his sword so that those higher ups can be saved!!

You read it that way? To me that is too simplistic. I would say that Eric Tan is a useful and dispensable tool in the real fight against WP and the public perceptions that the PAP wants to shape. If not for the recent events with WP, Eric Tan would still be in post as director.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You read it that way? To me that is too simplistic. I would say that Eric Tan is a useful and dispensable tool in the real fight against WP and the public perceptions that the PAP wants to shape. If not for the recent events with WP, Eric Tan would still be in post as director.

So in summary.

The more oppo inside the Dog house the more pressure the white scums will feel and the more they will trip and shit in their pants? LOL

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite this supervisory lapse, Mr Eric Tan has made many contributions to CPIB, strengthening the organisation and handling major corruption cases. He will be redeployed to other duties where his knowledge and experience will be valuable.

Amazing. Sacking in a way, but redeployment to other cushy jobs. If this moron was working in the private sector, he can bet his ass that there's no such thing as 'redeployment'.