• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please take up cycling

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Moreover, these same idiots do not pay road tax unlike other vehicles on the road. Cheap free loaders.

This "road tax" argument is interesting. :p

Let's extend it a bit.... ok let's accept the fact there is no road tax on bikes so they aren't allowed on the road.

A motorbike pays tax but it's a lot less than what a car pays so the rider has far less rights than a car driver.

Now when it comes to cars, a Suzuki Swift pays far less than a Porsche so if I'm driving along in my Porsche and I see a bloody 998cc car in my path, a blast on my horn and a flash of my lights should mean the small car has to pull over and let me pass by law. After all, I'm paying 10 times the amount in road taxes each year so I have more rights on the roads than those paupermobiles. . :wink:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wonder any experienced bros here can heLp to evaLuate this antique racer of mine's which was given to me by my ex-neighbour when he shifted out. Quite handy for my marketing errands & Leisure beach cycLing.Made out of cast iron body with steeL wired gear switches of Shimano :

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

Weighs at Least a freaking 20kgs, i guess. :o:eek::smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder any experienced bros here can heLp to evaLuate this antique racer of mine's which was given to me by my ex-neighbour when he shifted out. Quite handy for my marketing errands & Leisure beach cycLing.Made out of cast iron body with steeL wired gear switches of Shimano :

Got Ferrari Sia. :smile: Recommend to change decal to MUGEN. :smile:

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now when it comes to cars, a Suzuki Swift pays far less than a Porsche so if I'm driving along in my Porsche and I see a bloody 998cc car in my path, a blast on my horn and a flash of my lights should mean the small car has to pull over and let me pass by law. After all, I'm paying 10 times the amount in road taxes each year so I have more rights on the roads than those paupermobiles. . :wink:

thank you for explaining why so many Bimmer and Merc drivers drive like total assholes on the road.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
thank you for explaining why so many Bimmer and Merc drivers drive like total assholes on the road.

They have a right to do so. They pay more road tax. :smile:

Once we take the argument down this slippery slope, it pretty much justifies all the boorish behavior that the rich display as they go about their business.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Its not a Ferrari, as you already know :biggrin:. This is a lugged steel cromoly frame. If you take more closeup photos, then can see clearer. Of the lugs and dropouts, components. Do you see any embossed words or logos on the frame?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I don't mind paying a proportional rate of road tax just to get this argument off the table. Also it will help whack the assholes who don't know when and where to beat a redlight

Once we take the argument down this slippery slope, it pretty much justifies all the boorish behavior that the rich display as they go about their business.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I don't mind paying a proportional rate of road tax just to get this argument off the table. Also it will help whack the assholes who don't know when and where to beat a redlight

Believe it or not, today's road tax is not the key component of the total tax as before. With the other taxes so much higher, almost every car pays more or less the same tax, with smaller cars paying a higher proportional tax.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

I have a confession to make... I ride through red lights all the time. Traffic in Auckland isn't heavy during the off peak hours and there are many junctions where there are no cars at the junction and bikes, especially the carbon ones, simply won't trigger the lights to turn green even if 3 bikes are sitting right over the loop.

I either proceed through red after establishing that I won't be killed or I have to wait a very long time till a car finally arrives.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note how I wrote that particular sentence - "when and where to beat the red light". I do as well and I suspect nearly all cyclists. Surprisingly the lady cyclists seem gungho to beat the lights. I suspect that they are out to prove something in the presence of males.

I have seen many just try and beat every light if they can. Nuts.

I have a confession to make... I ride through red lights all the time. Traffic in Auckland isn't heavy during the off peak hours and there are many junctions where there are no cars at the junction and bikes, especially the carbon ones, simply won't trigger the lights to turn green even if 3 bikes are sitting right over the loop.

I either proceed through red after establishing that I won't be killed or I have to wait a very long time till a car finally arrives.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Karma is a bitch. The car enthusiasts who have been having a great time beating up cyclists this week are now scrambling for support after this article came out.

LTA reviewing penalty framework as more are caught for illegally modifying their vehicles

by Sumita Sreedharan
04:45 AM Aug 23, 2012

SINGAPORE - As the number of summonses issued for illegal vehicle modifications rose by 41 per cent in the first six months of this year, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is reviewing the penalty framework to determine whether there is a need to "enhance their deterrent effect".

According to the LTA, the average monthly figure for such infringements was 863 for the first six months of this year, an increase from the monthly average of 611 last year.

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew had revealed this in a written parliamentary reply to Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC Member of Parliament (MP) Gan Thiam Poh last week.

The MP had asked Mr Lui if the LTA would consider prohibiting the sales of motor vehicle parts and accessories that may enable motorists to modify their motor vehicles to produce noise beyond prescribed or acceptable levels in Singapore.

When contacted by TODAY, Mr Gan said that such vehicles were not only noisy but could also pose a danger to other road users if modified incorrectly.

He also felt the authorities should do more to control "potential troublemakers".

"It's an islandwide problem so the authorities should do more to control the problem at the source," said Mr Gan, who is a member of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport.

In response to TODAY's queries, the LTA said the most common offences are modified exhausts, tinted windows and various lighting infringements. These offences are commonly detected during periodic and ad-hoc vehicle inspections, added the LTA.

In his written reply, Mr Lui said the LTA, the National Environment Agency and the Traffic Police are cognisant of the noise problem associated with illegally modified vehicles and have stepped up joint enforcement actions.

Transport consultant Tham Chen Munn felt that no matter how small the infringement, the same punishment should be meted out to curb irresponsible behaviour on roads here.

"This is simply because the intentions of the driver are quite clear: The car will be used beyond its normal operating intention, and this endangers lives," he said.

Mr Tham further suggested that the authorities step up enforcement and conduct "raids" at car workshops to ensure that such illegal modifications do not take place.

In a bid to clamp down on modification done across the Causeway, Mr Tham felt that the LTA should collaborate with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore to detect such infringements at the checkpoints.

In his written response, Mr Lui said there are no plans to restrict the import and sales of after-market vehicle parts and accessories as there are legitimate uses, for instance, on off-road vehicles or for export to other countries.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
...Surprisingly the lady cyclists seem gungho to beat the lights. I suspect that they are out to prove something in the presence of males.

not me,,,, but some would say im no lady....btw, my addidavit is now a public court document

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I think its not a slippery slope, since Bicycles have no COE and pay no Road Tax than they should not be on the road. All cyclist should be banned from cycling on the road. And if they cycle on the foot path, they will bear 100% responsibility if a pedestrian is injured by their actions. Than we put a stop to this ridiculous argument. That is the way the Old PAP did things and that is not a bad thing. Its better than putting up with bullshit arguments by cyclist who want to cycle on the road like fuckwits and caused problems but bear no responsibility.

Cyclist cause accidents on roads, its a 100% fact, its wrong but the cyclists want to prove its right,,,talk about cyclist polishing a turd,,,

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Karma for drivers cos they treat cyclist badly? I dont think so, owners who illegally modify their cars should be jailed. They are a risk too the general community,,at least this protect car drivers and owners who obey the law.

Karma is a bitch. The car enthusiasts who have been having a great time beating up cyclists this week are now scrambling for support after this article came out.

LTA reviewing penalty framework as more are caught for illegally modifying their vehicles

by Sumita Sreedharan
04:45 AM Aug 23, 2012

SINGAPORE - As the number of summonses issued for illegal vehicle modifications rose by 41 per cent in the first six months of this year, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is reviewing the penalty framework to determine whether there is a need to "enhance their deterrent effect".

According to the LTA, the average monthly figure for such infringements was 863 for the first six months of this year, an increase from the monthly average of 611 last year.

Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew had revealed this in a written parliamentary reply to Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC Member of Parliament (MP) Gan Thiam Poh last week.

The MP had asked Mr Lui if the LTA would consider prohibiting the sales of motor vehicle parts and accessories that may enable motorists to modify their motor vehicles to produce noise beyond prescribed or acceptable levels in Singapore.

When contacted by TODAY, Mr Gan said that such vehicles were not only noisy but could also pose a danger to other road users if modified incorrectly.

He also felt the authorities should do more to control "potential troublemakers".

"It's an islandwide problem so the authorities should do more to control the problem at the source," said Mr Gan, who is a member of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Transport.

In response to TODAY's queries, the LTA said the most common offences are modified exhausts, tinted windows and various lighting infringements. These offences are commonly detected during periodic and ad-hoc vehicle inspections, added the LTA.

In his written reply, Mr Lui said the LTA, the National Environment Agency and the Traffic Police are cognisant of the noise problem associated with illegally modified vehicles and have stepped up joint enforcement actions.

Transport consultant Tham Chen Munn felt that no matter how small the infringement, the same punishment should be meted out to curb irresponsible behaviour on roads here.

"This is simply because the intentions of the driver are quite clear: The car will be used beyond its normal operating intention, and this endangers lives," he said.

Mr Tham further suggested that the authorities step up enforcement and conduct "raids" at car workshops to ensure that such illegal modifications do not take place.

In a bid to clamp down on modification done across the Causeway, Mr Tham felt that the LTA should collaborate with the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore to detect such infringements at the checkpoints.

In his written response, Mr Lui said there are no plans to restrict the import and sales of after-market vehicle parts and accessories as there are legitimate uses, for instance, on off-road vehicles or for export to other countries.