• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Planning to tap international market

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am planning to sell something online and be a full time entrepreneur for the first time. Thought Singapore population has reached 5 mils, most foreigners working here prefer to send money to their home town than to spend in Singapore economy. If you hear PAP or msm singing songs about their presence to boost our economy, please take their news as pure shit.

Thus, I am taping on overseas market instead of relying on Singapore to make money. I need advices from forumners here to give me good suggestions and advices on where I can find a safer & cheaper domain hosters with unlimited usaged. It has to be cheaper, better and faster.

Also how to generate traffic to my online store?

Thanks for your time in replying to this first-timer. I just cannot trust PAP to make me work for anybody for cheaper, better and faster. Singapore Labour Union cannot be trusted, our tripartism is not reliable. I want to cut all PAP craps and be on my own now.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am planning to sell something online and be a full time entrepreneur for the first time. Thought Singapore population has reached 5 mils, most foreigners working here prefer to send money to their home town than to spend in Singapore economy. If you hear PAP or msm singing songs about their presence to boost our economy, please take their news as pure shit.

Thus, I am taping on overseas market instead of relying on Singapore to make money. I need advices from forumners here to give me good suggestions and advices on where I can find a safer & cheaper domain hosters with unlimited usaged. It has to be cheaper, better and faster.

Thanks for your time in replying to this first-timer. I just cannot trust PAP to make me work for anybody for cheaper, better and faster. Singapore Labour Union cannot be trusted, our tripartism is not reliable. I want to cut all PAP craps and be on my own now.

its always good to become your own boss ...what are you going to sell ?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its always good to become your own boss ...what are you going to sell ?

Expensive Sex toys cater to the elite group only. You never know when they might need it discretly. Of course free delivery will be provided to safeguard their privacy and identity. I believe this is still one good business left unexplored and the market is huge - in Singapore alone - some elites just need something good up in their ass.:biggrin:

Joke aside, do you have any hosting domain to recommend? I am planning to sell some novelty gadgets or toys not found in Singapore or be the main distributor for such products will be great. If I can be the pioneer to make them into collectible items that will be xcellent. Just like Harry Porter writer who turned her book into 7 series of collectible items and strike it rich. *dream*

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Expensive Sex toys cater to the elite group only. You never know when they might need it discretly. Of course free delivery will be provided to safeguard their privacy and identity. I believe this is still one good business left unexplored and the market is huge - in Singapore alone - some elites just need something good up in their ass.:biggrin:

Joke aside, do you have any hosting domain to recommend? I am planning to sell some novelty gadgets or toys not found in Singapore or be the main distributor for such products will be great. If I can be the pioneer to make them into collectible items that will be xcellent. Just like Harry Porter writer who turned her book into 7 series of collectible items and strike it rich. *dream*

im sorry i do not have any hosting domain for you . im trying to hit into internet business as well . im doing some art lamps and thought of selling on the net while staying in thailand . im tired of big city like tokyo .

if you are looking for special gadgets or toys from japan to sell ...maybe i can help you . i do know tons of products that are not found in singapore . i can also help you to be the middleman to export them into singapore and help you to negotiate with japanese company ( remember ,its not easy to bring their products out of japan ) . because japanese company dont really wants to deal with foreigner due to language and culture barriers . japanese ppl not only wants to make money ...they also dont want their products reputation to go down .

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you are looking for special gadgets or toys from japan to sell ...maybe i can help you . i do know tons of products that are not found in singapore . i can also help you to be the middleman to export them into singapore and help you to negotiate with japanese company ( remember ,its not easy to bring their products out of japan ) . because japanese company dont really wants to deal with foreigner due to language and culture barriers . japanese ppl not only wants to make money ...they also dont want their products reputation to go down .

Do you know of tokyo hands supermall? I heard they sell lots of craft items, something like daiso but in biger and more sophisticated scale. Any other stores you know of that sell craft or something that can be made into craft.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you know of tokyo hands supermall? I heard they sell lots of craft items, something like daiso but in biger and more sophisticated scale. Any other stores you know of that sell craft or something that can be made into craft.

tokyu hands ( not tokyo hands ) is a famous mega store in japan ( about 6 storeys )...they got a lot of outlets in tokyo itself ( excluding osaka ) . tokyu hands not only selling craft items but also snacks and many many many many many things ....like a higher class of mustafa . theres a lot of small art and craft shops all over tokyo ..but i think tokyu hands got the best selections and its cheap .

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tokyu hands ( not tokyo hands ) is a famous mega store in japan ( about 6 storeys )...they got a lot of outlets in tokyo itself ( excluding osaka ) . tokyu hands not only selling craft items but also snacks and many many many many many things ....like a higher class of mustafa . theres a lot of small art and craft shops all over tokyo ..but i think tokyu hands got the best selections and its cheap .

Next time I go Japan or Thailand, I will need your help to guide me to these places. I am sure it will be an eye opener for me. Singapore is like a big city with no creativity. With huge influx of foreign trash, it makes this "livable" place even worse.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I need advices from forumners here to give me good suggestions and advices on where I can find a safer & cheaper domain hosters with unlimited usaged. It has to be cheaper, better and faster.

"Advice" is a non countable noun; you do not add an "s" to make it plural.

"Advice" is like "Rice". You say... "Please pass me the Rice." You don't say "Please pass me the rices" because "Rice", like "advice", is a non countable noun.

There are many other examples. To test your knowledge of non countable nouns, go to English Language Quiz - Countable or Non-countable Nouns (I-TESL-J) and take the test.

Forget about hosting your own domain. Trying to build up traffic from scratch is a costly exercise. It would be a lot easier to open a store on ebay and tap into existing social networking sites for additional publicity.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Next time I go Japan or Thailand, I will need your help to guide me to these places. I am sure it will be an eye opener for me. Singapore is like a big city with no creativity. With huge influx of foreign trash, it makes this "livable" place even
worse.

I strongly believe that japan is a place for any inspirations and creative business or arts .if you got enough funds you could set up something like a small cozy arts and music huts with music jukebox and drinks vending machine for smokers along orchard road since alot of place in Singapore is not
smokers friendly .:oIo: just PM me if you are ready for business. All the best to you . Cheers

SinkyBird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since we're on this topic of international trade, I have a question which I think might benefit the TS too.

What is the difference between mail order and general import/export ?

Say you're in Japan, and you want to export your products to Singapore. Do you use an importer in Singapore, in which case your products will have to clear the custom and pay taxes etc. If, on the other hand, your products are available via online shopping cart, you bypass the importer in Singapore, and unlike an importer, the customer of a mail order service need not have to go to the custom for payment etc. before collecting the product.

So is the difference a question of volume ? Or the nature of the product ?

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal

For hosting, you can try Hostgator.com, I've been using them for years, reasonable priced and very good customer service.

About generating traffic, read up on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Advice" is a non countable noun; you do not add an "s" to make it plural.
Forget about hosting your own domain. Trying to build up traffic from scratch is a costly exercise. It would be a lot easier to open a store on ebay and tap into existing social networking sites for additional publicity.

Ebay is not cheap either, they charged every single listings with limited period and their paypal sucks!

I strongly believe that japan is a place for any inspirations and creative business or arts .if you got enough funds you could set up something like a small cozy arts and music huts with music jukebox and drinks vending machine for smokers along orchard road since alot of place in Singapore is not
smokers friendly .:oIo: just PM me if you are ready for business. All the best to you . Cheers

I think I will start with Thailand, their product will be much cheaper compared to Japan. But the country must be stabilized first, now a little messy with the red, yellow and blue always on loggerhead.

For hosting, you can try Hostgator.com, I've been using them for years, reasonable priced and very good customer service.

About generating traffic, read up on Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).

OK, will explore the domain. Any mode of payment to use other than paypal? They give very lousy exchange rates.:oIo:

michaely

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, will explore the domain. Any mode of payment to use other than paypal? They give very lousy exchange rates.:oIo:

Currently, Paypal is the most popular and trusted payment gateway, there's another one called moneybookers.com, maybe you can try too.

But for new online sellers, it's best to use paypal because most buyers heard of paypal and trust it.

I think it's pointless to use others payment gateways that costs less but your buyers are afraid of using.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Any mode of payment to use other than paypal? They give very lousy exchange rates.:oIo:
If you're going to run a business, you have to be be able to see the forest for the trees.

Paypal is the best option to start off with DESPITE the lousy exchange rates simply because almost everybody has a paypal account these days. Accepting paypal makes buying from you a welcome proposition. People trust sites which accept paypal because of the protection that paypal offers to buyers and because it only takes a couple of clicks and the transaction is done.

Same applies to ebay rates. They're expensive for a reason and that's because ebay has huge traffic. It's ranked 20th in the world!

You can't start off with a whimper. You have to jump start your e-commerce site by spending big bucks to drive traffic to your little corner of cyberspace. Conversion rates are typically 1 in 50 to 1 in 100. You need at least 1000 unique visitors a day in order to get going. Chugging along with a less than 100 visitors daily is a guarantee that you'll give up long before you ever make money.

Concentrate on the big picture and that is to get yourself well known on the net. Once the buzz is there, you can then review the nitty gritty to drive overheads down.