• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Planning to get Sony Nex 7 Mirrorless Camera..

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Between this and the 24mm F/1.8, depends on whether he needs wider field or lower light capability and budget. For a newbie, without knowing what kind of shots he is most likely to take, suggest he keep to a low budget.
I'm saving him some money and space to hold his camera, that 24mm is so bulky and expensive...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
x158EL20F28-F.jpg

http://store.sony.com/c/Alpha-NEX-E-mount-Lenses/en/c/S_NEX_eMount

I saw a new lens for Nex series, 20mm F/2.8

16mm f/2.8 will give you more distortion than 20mm

Does this lens comes with Carl Zeiss Lens???

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm saving him some money and space to hold his camera, that 24mm is so bulky and expensive...

The problem i have is that i feel extremely uncomfortable when carrying and using a non Carl Zeiss Lens.

so in order to feel great when using a camera , Carl Zeiss lens seems right for me.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the lens are designed by zeiss engineers in germany, where they are limited by spec and cost.

The japanese company build these lenses.