• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pinkie wants to live as long as his Dad

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20090828.184126_pmlee_fit.jpg

PM Lee's guide to staying fit

He spends his time looking after the country, but despite his busy schedule, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong makes sure that he exercises at least 40 minutes a day.

The only exception is when he's overseas on work trips.

Now, his regular routine is to power walk for 40 minutes while lifting light weights. Not only does he save time in doing so, such a workout allows PM Lee to work on both his cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength.

He tells Lianhe Wanbao: "Exercise is important for both the body and the mind. It allows me to deal with the pressures at work."

Earlier this month, PM Lee spoke of the importance of exercise during the National Day Rally, when he warned Singaporeans of the dangers of obesity. Singaporeans were also encouraged to be responsible for their bodies by watching their diet and exercising regularly.

As PM Lee can only exercise during whatever free time he can spare from his active agenda, he often works out by himself. Apart from walking, the 57-year-old also likes swimming and feels uneasy if he skips exercising for a day.

Besides exercising, PM Lee says he keeps a close watch on his diet so that he will not grow fat.

He credits his father Minister Mentor Lee for being his biggest inspiration when it comes to exercising.

"MM Lee is a sound example. His exercise routine is stricter than mine - even when he is overseas, he still makes it a point to exercise. Although I am not as strict in working out when I'm out of the country, exercise has become an integral part of my life," he says.

Despite his love for a healthy lifestyle, PM Lee was not an ace in sports when he was in school. It was only after he joined the Singapore Armed Forces that he started to exercise actively.

"I played ping pong in school, but I wasn't that good in it," he says.

Love for durians

Like most Singaporeans, PM Lee has a weakness for the king of fruits.

Although he eats durians quite frequently, he does so in moderation, restricting himself to two or three seeds each time.

"I love durians. I eat it more often now because we can get durians all year round. But I make sure to take it in moderation," he says.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He didn't mention that, he had a fondness for mee siam mai hum too? anyway excercise is good for anybody....pinkie boy included....