• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pictures of Shanghai

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a picture showing the interior of the shopping center.

Raffles shoppint.jpg

Shops carrying the usual brand names are found here. Local / Malaysian food available. BreadTalk is there too. I know of a Singaporean who got posted there is so scared of eating the local food there, that he make it a point to buy bread from breadtalk for his breakfast. Gosh!

I have been eating out at local joints (not those road side or 3RMB noodles) and I am still posting here.

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ground view of Raffles City Shanghai.

Raffles city near fuzhou lu.jpg

On the right side of the Raffles City building as in the above picture, there is a road call Fuzhou Lu. It used to be the place to find books of all sorts. The whole street is filled with bookshop.

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The largest park in Shanghai is Century Park in Pudong.

Admission ticket required. But they are really affordable. 10 RMB approx S$2.

You can spent the whole day walking round the lake and thru the various routes. Performances and activities time are schedule.

During spring time the flower blooms. Here are some of the spring time Century Park pictures.

Specially dedicated to Springtime.

Shanghai Century Park.JPG

Beautiful flowers even before stepping into Century Park

shanghai-254.jpg

Once inside, the plant that I like most:

1Q41324N01.jpg

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
More pictures about spring time in Century Park:

sjgy.jpg

BTW, this World Expo logo still around earlier this year 2012, when I was at the Century Park. The World Expo Shanghai was held between May 2010 to Oct 2010. Will come to that in some other later postings.

Back to more Century Park pictures

shanghai-228.jpg

shanghai-238.jpg

shanghai-239.jpg

shanghai-241.jpg

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before anybody mistaken, please note that none of the pictures posted here by me is from my personal album. All the picutures are all copy and paste from the internet.

shanghai-196.jpg

shanghai-200.jpg

shanghai-235.jpg

Looking at these pictures do not do justice to this wonderful garden. Have to be there to feel the atmosphere. The span of wide space. The wonderful nice cool spring time weather. Glorious.

Lots of folks flying kites. Huge gathering of youngsters celebrating their whatever. Dating couples, retirees, young families, friends, tour groups etc all found there.

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
A popular park in Puxi is the Fuxing Gong Yuan i.e. Fuxing Park

Fuxing Park.jpg

It is popular because it is located in the heart of Puxi.

An overview picture of Fuxing Gong Yuan.

overview.jpg

Last edited:

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
China is experiencing the coldest winter for the last 28 years.

Picture of Fuxing Gong Yuan in winter:

Winter at Fuxing_Park.jpg

It should be snowing now. This picture showed the winter part without the snow. During winter, the trees shed their leaves. However, there are evergreen trees that do not shed their leaves even during winter.

Last edited:

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes Fuxing Gong Yuan interesting is the level of activities going on.

Alamak, got problem uploading the pictures. Will come back another day.

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is interesting about Fuxing Gong Yuan is not about the garden or the statue of Karl Marx and Friedrick Engels. It is the activites that goes inside the park.

Ang mo kwee having boot camp.

activities 1.jpg

activities 3.jpg

Last edited:

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese dance activities. It is a big group sort of activities. Those flash mob dance? They have it all here in Fuxing Gong Yuan. :biggrin:

Dance 2.jpg

Dance 5.jpg

NongHor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is interesting is not so much the "flash mob dance" itself. Rather it is what other activites going within this group of people. Here are some examples:

Solo pair dancing.

Dance 1.jpg

Lumpsing.

Dance 3.jpg

Same sex dancing.

dance 4.jpg

You dance I see.

Dance 6.jpg

Solo dancing.

Dance 7.jpg

This posting is not to laugh at them. But to show that they are really a liberal bunch of folks who know how to relax and have a good time. Unlike the stiff Singaporeans who are generally shy about doing so.