• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Phillipines 2 : Vietnam 0

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously. I would rather face Indon then Thailand. We have a really good record against the Indon in recent years

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a pain to watch the Lions play... Your heart wants to support them but the way they play really hurts!

The amount of chances wasted by Noh Alam Shah... Lost count...

===

isn't this Noh Alam Shah the bugger with a disciplinary record that can compare to Joey Barton?

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously. I would rather face Indon then Thailand. We have a really good record against the Indon in recent years

Thailand is running on bad patch now. If we meet them in semi-finals, we have a good chance of beating them.

We must clinch at least a draw against co-host Vietnam first :p

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Brunei didn't participate? Not enough to form a team? I remember they got national team leh!

Maybe too rich liao, refuse to run up and down like a kampong chicken .

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Brunei didn't participate? Not enough to form a team? I remember they got national team leh!

Maybe too rich liao, refuse to run up and down like a kampong chicken .

brunei got 2 years fifa ban for govt intervention in football...

dont ask me how that works... everywhere also like that

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This edition 2010 AFF Suzuki Cup is highly unpredictable. It is possible for Vietnam the 2008 champion to get kick out in the 1st round.

Group B look like Pinoy will win the group with a victory over Myanmar.

While Group A is either Thailand or Malaysia to finish 2nd position, depending on the mood of Indonesia and Laos.

Laos played well & nearly upset Thailand but to be held to a 2:2 draw. Their next match Laos got thrashed 0:6 by co-host Indonesia :biggrin:

The only predictable thing about Asian or Asean soccer is its unpredictability.
Form, strategies, coaches and players don't really matter. $$$ matters most!

I lost faith in the integrity of Asian soccer many years ago. Our S-League is not too bad if you compare with the leagues in M'sia, Indonesia, China, Vietnam etc. J n K leagues less prone to corruption. Even the ME states' leagues also kelong. Ask any insider and they will confirm my story.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please give credit where it is due..... this Phillipines team is unlike the kampong team of the past years. This time they got their professional players most of whom ply their trade in England to represent them in this tournament.
Although the clubs they represent are only in League 1 and 2 standard but still better than the players from Singapore or Vietnam who cannot even pass the trials at these 4th rate clubs :biggrin:

eh..pls verify ur facts before u shoot...the ang mohs in phillipines team at least THREE clubless and the rest all plying their trade in non-leagues clubs etc leh...the two younghusband brothers are two without clubs currently..and the oldest greenwich is playing for some team in dunno what US League while doing coaching fulltime too for the youth team....what professional players in league one and 2?? only one is the goalkeeper who is third or fourth choice in Fulham.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking of which I was wondering where all the FTs have gone. Other the Duric and Precious, the rest of the FT contingent seem to be missing yesterday. I have to admit though I only watch the first half, after they scored the first goal and our failure to equalize I thought to myself, NOT AGAIN!!!! and didn't bother to watch the rest of the match. Quite surprise they won the match actually. They were playing pretty badly during the first half

very kelong goal..entire myanmar backline give duric and agu all the time in the world to score that goal.....entire backline only one defender back defending rest all in front of the two sg FTs!!!

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal

I lost faith in the integrity of Asian soccer many years ago. Our S-League is not too bad if you compare with the leagues in M'sia, Indonesia, China, Vietnam etc. J n K leagues less prone to corruption. Even the ME states' leagues also kelong. Ask any insider and they will confirm my story.

I watched the game, Phil -vs- Viet... cant believe that there is no kelong. just see the way Viet players cross the ball.....

anyway, on another note..... if you compare all the domestic leagues in Asia... I think most of them have "open odds" in the international betting houses.. such as sbobet. Even Thailand, msia, india, indonesia leagues has odds in sbobet, they even offer live bets. BUT there is no odds for S-league.

What does this means ?? very simple... it means that international betting house do not trust S League. They do not believe S league is clean enough for them to accept bets.

just my point of view.... :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched the game, Phil -vs- Viet... cant believe that there is no kelong. just see the way Viet players cross the ball.....

anyway, on another note..... if you compare all the domestic leagues in Asia... I think most of them have "open odds" in the international betting houses.. such as sbobet. Even Thailand, msia, india, indonesia leagues has odds in sbobet, they even offer live bets. BUT there is no odds for S-league.

What does this means ?? very simple... it means that international betting house do not trust S League. They do not believe S league is clean enough for them to accept bets.

just my point of view.... :smile:

I was told the market is small for S-League games. Also, there is a gentleman's agreement for SBOBET to stay away from S'pore Pool's S-League market. Only a rumour. I can't confirm.

SBOBET is not a legal entity in S'pore. Neither is IBCBET. Strangely, SBOBET sponsored a FIFA event in S'pore recently.

Look at the odds for M-League. You give 2.5 goals and win less than 5? M-League is the dirtiest. An Indian S'porean is very active fixing games up north.

If betting, unless your info is 1st hand, don't bet on the Asian leagues, except the J & K leagues. EPL, La Liga and German leagues safer. Even the Brazilian games were fixed years ago.

Anything involving huge amount of monies is bound to attract entrepreneurs of a different kind.

My assessment should be 75% accurate. My source of info comes from someone once convicted and incarcerated in S'pore. Though he is not involved today, he is familiar with the happenings today.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your ME states' leagues is referring to :confused: