• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Perhaps the MRT had improved load handling?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This proves beyond doubt that the PAP is the best and Desmond deserves a promotion and a bonus.

i would second that. my rides on the mrt so far have been smooth, punctual, and free of drama. and it's especially comforting to know that services are in full swing despite the heavy rains. in fact, more are riding the system because of rain, yet it runs flawlessly.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i would second that. my rides on the mrt so far have been smooth, punctual, and free of drama. and it's especially comforting to know that services are in full swing despite the heavy rains. in fact, more are riding the system because of rain, yet it runs flawlessly.

You hear all the rantings here by the anti PAP brigade and you get the impression that Singapore is bursting at the seams and falling apart.

However I have never had that impression when I visit the country and other visitors like Joetys and yourself vindicate my oft ridiculed conclusion that the PAP is doing a fantastic job of striking the right balance between growth and the quality of life.

I wonder when the doubters and the haters will come to their senses and start appreciating what they have. Their bitterness does nothing but harm their own emotional well being.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just got out of MRT at 7.50am at City Hall Statikn from Commonwealth Station. Wasn't crowded since the beginning of journey. Even caught a seat at Tiong Bahru. I guess frequency was high cos I missed the train on the platform which closed the door when I was about to enter however in less than a minute another train pulled in. Not bad at all.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Just got out of MRT at 7.50am at City Hall Statikn from Commonwealth Station. Wasn't crowded since the beginning of journey. Even caught a seat at Tiong Bahru. I guess frequency was high cos I missed the train on the platform which closed the door when I was about to enter however in less than a minute another train pulled in. Not bad at all.

not peak yet when u took lah... :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This morning start off late to see the situation. Boarded the train at 8.17am indeed it's more crowded than yesterday however this time no one can find fault with me for taking the train at non peak 8.17am should be very peak.

Despite the crowd there still ample standing room around me (unlike Hong Kong or Tokyo)

Arrived City Hall at 8.33am 16mins later and on time for my 8.40am meeting. Not bad.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The MRT was not put under government purview so that the AG cannot audit it. There are too many skeletons in that closets.

Negative

Alfrescian
Loyal
7:58am Between Commonwealth to Buona Vista not so crowded

8:00am Buona Vista Station connecting to Circle Line

8:03am Buona Vista Station Circle line

8:05am inside train is more crowded but not sardine

Negative. It's has always been shitty.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Holy crap it's only 7.20pm and train from City Hall towards Joo Koon is packed like sardine

photos taken between Outram and Tiong Bahru stations 7.25pm

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Is this some kind of propaganda? Obviously it will not be very crowded because most will already be on leave for CNY

master

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck you lah, not so crowded because ft go back celebrate new year.
Vote pap out if u want everyday not crowded!!!!!!!