• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People Talking To Themselves - Why Is This Happening In First World Singapore

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please don't get me wrong.

It may sound hilarious to you... but you may also be a witness to such a phenomena....

Lately I have seen many people talking to themselves in parks, on public transport and from their high-floor HDB "pigeon-holes'.

What is happening to these people.?

Mind you, they are NOT on the phone.

So who are they talking to.?

What is going on in their mind?

Why are they in such a predicament?

If it is schizophrenia (a major mental illness) these people should have been in IMH...

Is it wise to leave them on their own?

What will tourists think of us?

Can anyone help????

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The culprits are the cats!

How Your Cat Is Making You Crazy

Jaroslav Flegr is no kook. And yet, for years, he suspected his mind had been taken over by parasites that had invaded his brain. So the prolific biologist took his science-fiction hunch into the lab. What he’s now discovering will startle you. Could tiny organisms carried by house cats be creeping into our brains, causing everything from car wrecks to schizophrenia?

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Relax. These people are just rehearsing what they were taught at Public Speaking Course.

And look on the bright side - tourists will appreciate how verbally expressive and uninhibited S'poreans are.

Cheers!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

It may sound hilarious to you... but you may also be a witness to such a phenomena....

Lately I have seen many people talking to themselves in parks, on public transport and from their high-floor HDB "pigeon-holes'.

Yo bro, I'm in Thailand not Singapore and I also have a bad habbit of talking to myself and even have business discussion with myself especially when I'm driving. I also happen to talk aloud to myself.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More reason to fear if one talks while asleep next to spouse. I kena many, many years ago. My wife became highly suspicious coz I used the Chinese language which, to her, I fail miserably. But according to her, I was damned fluent for that incident. Balls dropped.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
The culprits are the cats!How Your Cat Is Making You CrazyJaroslav Flegr is no kook. And yet, for years, he suspected his mind had been taken over by parasites that had invaded his brain. So the prolific biologist took his science-fiction hunch into the lab. What he’s now discovering will startle you. Could tiny organisms carried by house cats be creeping into our brains, causing everything from car wrecks to schizophrenia?http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/
Ajai Vyas is now at NTU.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sometimes find myself talking or even shouting out loud to myself. Usually "KAN NI NA BU PHUA CHEE BYE PAP!", sometimes in short "FUCK PAP!":biggrin:
When i walk pass or drive pass some PAP MP's posters, i will shout "KAN NI NA BU PHUA CHEE BYE!" with :oIo: at them.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I sometimes find myself talking or even shouting out loud to myself. Usually "KAN NI NA BU PHUA CHEE BYE PAP!", sometimes in short "FUCK PAP!":biggrin:
When i walk pass or drive pass some PAP MP's posters, i will shout "KAN NI NA BU PHUA CHEE BYE!" with :oIo: at them.

I know, I can understand, here same same for me whenever I see Abhisit's face or the most sacred face or most sacred family members, this happens to me without fail until people with me when I am doing the :oIo::oIo::oIo: got frightened and fuck me.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know, I can understand, here same same for me whenever I see Abhisit's face or the most sacred face or most sacred family members, this happens to me without fail until people with me when I am doing the :oIo::oIo::oIo: got frightened and fuck me.

Boh kan beh sai. Kua liao jin jiak too lan.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

What is happening to these people.?
Mind you, they are NOT on the phone.
So who are they talking to.?

You are right brother. I was buying Yakult at a 7-11 stall in Tanjong Pagar and the cashier was talking and mumbling to herself. At first I talk she was using her bluetooth to talk over the phone, but after looking carefully, there was not any. Anyway, she has a pair of nice tits and I pretended to just scan around the counter(looking at those sweets and candies) I think she got pissed off and asked me, "YES? Anything else?" :p

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More reason to fear if one talks while asleep next to spouse. I kena many, many years ago. My wife became highly suspicious coz I used the Chinese language which, to her, I fail miserably. But according to her, I was damned fluent for that incident. Balls dropped.

eh boss... you consider lucky liao...

my OC said i talk Tamil in my sleep ! :eek:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'First World' makes psychological problems even worse. Everything is driven by fear and greed. Even relationships, religions and the healthcare industry are infected by fear and greed.