• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People power

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once again we have seen how people power has brought down yet another government. It took the people what the opposition couldn't do, to bring down an entire government. We seen it in the Philippines in 86 when Marcos was brought down by Corazon Aquino led people power. Now it is happening all over again in the Middle East and the tide of change seems to sweeping over those countries in the region. People are simply sick of regimes that has ruled over them for years. Not unlike our situation here in Singapore.

Which begs the question, could people power happened here? If it happens right now, will the government send in the tanks to intimidate and crush any hopes of uprising? Considering that LKY himself has personally endorsed Deng Xiao Peng actions in the Tian An Men massacre, it would not be surprising for this to happen here. This being an election year, such actions would obviously make the government an unpopular one, they might just called off the election. This being the case, then how will the United States react? Will they voice their "concern" or just keep quiet about it? We have seen how they seems to have a "say" everywhere. Will the PAP government take heed of their "advice"?

It should be interesting to see what is the outcome if such an event does really occur here. But one factor for the success of the people power was, the non-interference of the army. In the Philippines, it was the army refusal to act and likewise in Egypt. Will our army do the same? Honestly, I doubt so, we know too well the government policy of enriching its key office holders so as to buy their loyalty and integrity. I am sure our paper generals would not want to rock their boat by taking the side of the people.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not possible to happen here. 5 people or more gathering in public and the riot squad will be down in seconds. Hong Kan Seng will guarantee that.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Most Singaporeans are too scared to even protest, let alone revolt.

2. SAF is made up of 80% NSmen. I doubt NSmen who have suffered will shoot the people fighting for a better future.

3. US will definitely slap sanctions on the regime should they suppress, as Singapore is of little value to them.

4. China is a different story. If China is to introduce full-fledged democracy and tolerate protests, you will start having new nations like Republic of Xinjiang, Republic of Tibet, Republic of Taiwan and Republic of Yunnan.

libsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah. True power comes from proper control and distribution of resources, not people power.

While the PAP is not as transparent as one of those model nordic countries, there's not enough starving people to make that much of a difference.

Btw Egypt's GINI coefficient (34) was better than Singapore's (42). The lower the number, the more "equal" your society. Lowest on record is Denmark (24).

http://thisorthat.com/blog/egyptian...-social-scientist-turned-toter-breaks-it-down

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sinkies are cowards. If someone offends them, all they do is take a few discrete pictures and send them to Stomp! :p

Do you honestly think that any sinkie has the stomach for bloodshed just because he blames the pappies for not being able to afford an iPhone? :biggrin:

Crisis-in-Egypt4.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is no people power in sg. it is people powder (crushed to powder by pappies) or people cower.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
PEOPLE POWER

Not possible in Spore but it could happen in Malaysia.

UMNO politicians are shivering in their pants right now.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i took discrete photos of tracy tan in several parts from head to toe, but decided to be discreet about posting them.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i took discrete photos of tracy tan in several parts from head to toe, but decided to be discreet about posting them.

hahahaha..you may know the difference between "discrete" and "discreet"...but does Sam know? or did he mis-spell?

either way, doesnt look good for an english teacher wannabe

libsg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I don't correct other people's english unless I'm being paid to do so.

hahahaha..you may know the difference between "discrete" and "discreet"...but does Sam know? or did he mis-spell?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i can't argue with him. let's say he is very powderful with his english.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I rest my casw ::rolleyes:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=87067

foreign_worker_openly_pees_at_foot_of_block-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer STOMPer Jason saw this foreign worker peeing at the foot of Block 539 in Bukit Batok.

Said the STOMPer:

"On Feb 11 at about 6pm, I saw this foreign worker urinating in the open at the foot of Block 539 Bukit Batok Street 52.

"How uncivilised can this foreign worker be? I hope the the relevant agencies will educate these foreign workers when they come to Singapore, to warn them against things that they cannot do here."

Said the STOMPer:

"On Feb 11 at about 6pm, I sww this foreign worker urinating in the open at the foot of Block 539 Bukit Batok Street 52.

"How uncivilised can this foreign worker be? I hope the the relevant agencies will educate these foreign workers when they come to Singapore, to warn them against things that they cannot do here."

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not going to happen in peesai.
As long people still have roof over the head and stomach full they will not revolt.
Those revolt country because they have nothing to lose. Either hunger to death or fight for change( at least have new chance to survive).

jw5

Loyal
People power will never happen in Singkieland.
When you see the uncles and aunties talking loudly and laughing in kaya roti and kopi outlets, you will know why.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not going to happen in peesai.
As long people still have roof over the head and stomach full they will not revolt.
Those revolt country because they have nothing to lose. Either hunger to death or fight for change( at least have new chance to survive).

People power will never happen in Singkieland.
When you see the uncles and aunties talking loudly and laughing in kaya roti and kopi outlets, you will know why.

I think Cestbon is right over JW5. If uncles and aunties are laughing in the marketplace, who needs whatever people power to fight for change?