• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

People Association - its orgins and purpose

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more I read, the more I am concerned with lack of understanding of this organisation. Here is an ultra abridged version for its existence.

Older than the state of Singapore it was formed in 1960, a year after PAP came to power. It was formed to fight the communists who had taken control of various community venues and facilities across the island. It was also formed to wean the pro communist voters into a democratic process. One of the key lines of attack was to bring about racial intergration and social cohesion. It did this very well and Singaporeans were highly supportive. As the communists were targeting the chinese speaking vommunity, the staff generally came from Nantah.

Its Chairman must be the PM of the country. The only stat board that has this privilege. So we know that we are not dealing with a fast food franchise.

Interestingly club, union and groupmembership must be Gazetted. Also of note is that all Techers and tertiary students unions are gazetted.

In 1993, 2 years after GCT as PM lost his panties in 1991 after CST and SDP grabbed 3 seats, RCs and CCCs management moved from PMO to PA. this is when it deviated from its original goals and became a complete extension of the PAP, paid for by the taxes of hardworking Singapore residents. To spruce it up and appear professional, scholars were seconded and the CEOs had to be carefully chosen. From preventing subversive elements greeping into grassroots organisation, the CEO now has to run the elections campaigns for the PAP.

It has also become a convenient job and contract allocation coordination centre to help retain support for the PAP. New roles, new committees, new jobs, new bodies of work are crated to look after supporters of PAP. The malays as racial voting block are now being looked after as well.

It is not an ordinary job. Like the prostitues in Toa Payoh Brothel and after the departure of Peter Lim, those who remain know exactly what they are being asked to do. The selection is also lot more careful. There is no other stat board, private company or any incorporated body in Singapore that has so many related members of the same family working in it as the Peoples Association.

In view of its undemocratic nature, the controls are very tight. You never see leaks or even a slight hint of the PA workings from staff or ex staff on online forums. For community based organisation it is rather odd.

People really need to use their common sense. Imagine that you are a university graduate with an engineering degree and you are asking your staff to organise lunch packs and transport to a rally site where the PAP is holding a rally. You then send an email to all the Grassroots leaders in your area seeking support and attendence figures. For some mysterious reason you do not do the same for other political parties that are contesting the elections. Are you telling me the engineering graduate cannot put 2 and 2 toegther and come out with 4.

In 2011 in the midst of the elections, a grassroots leader leaked the email from a PA GRO doing just that.

So the next time you suggest that it is an ordinary job, you might want to check your birth certificate and then go for a DNA test.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done bro. Not surprisingly, PA is not the only organisation which has been subverted to serve the Party. The cunning Old Man was always able to hoodwink the population with the big picture and higher moral purpose to support his invidious plans to capture and hold on to power at all costs. If not, he intimidated and scared them into submission.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....as usual my idol will cum up with lots of hot air and the usual allegations and kuku pple like kukubird will idolise him....lol.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
助李为虐者,其后人将世世为奴,代代为娼!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink::wink::wink::d:d:d:wink::wink::wink:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
pa.jpg

The People's Association is now more hip and full of chio bu.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPH is a classic example and it is not even GLC entity. When their "professionals" retire, they will write articles and books on how they fought a constant rearguard action with the old man and the establishment to bring the truth to the masses. They conveniently lay claim to their ability to bring some info and some truth and think that makes them heroes. If they want to make confessions to sleep nights so be it but don't expect people to buy the bullshit.

I heard so much of rubbish from this lot - "its the editors that changed my story, I refused to do political coverage, I am doing sports only, not all of us are like that, I refused to carry that story despite the pressure, and finally how I made pigs fly".

Well done bro. Not surprisingly, PA is not the only organisation which has been subverted to serve the Party. The cunning Old Man was always able to hoodwink the population with the big picture and higher moral purpose to support his invidious plans to capture and hold on to power at all costs. If not, he intimidated and scared them into submission.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SPH is a classic example and it is not even GLC entity. .

Thanks I didn't even realize that. Thought Temasek and GIC were amongst the substantial shareholder, but they're not. Nonetheless 40% of the ordinary shares and over 90% of management shares are distributed amongst Temasek linked institutions/

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The more I read, the more I am concerned with lack of understanding of this organisation. Here is an ultra abridged version for its existence.
Wow, excellent piece from Scroobal. Learnt something new today.

Singapore version of civilian 小红军.

Somehow, female spies are "chio bu" too
W020110630324130092536.jpg

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
OCBC and UOB were the ones that were made custodians of SPH amongst the Board Members. One day the THEN Chairman of SPH found out that the Board had already made an important decision prior to the actual board meeting. He knew something was up when he overheard Wee Cho Yam talking to another Banker. It was easier to control the local bankers as they were licensed by MAS and the Act was powerful. It was control by proxy.

Thanks I didn't even realize that. Thought Temasek and GIC were amongst the substantial shareholder, but they're not. Nonetheless 40% of the ordinary shares and over 90% of management shares are distributed amongst Temasek linked institutions/

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 8419

To be sure, I didn't realise paid staff at PA were this young. I always thought it was a means to upkeep RC, CCC old hands by keeping them on the payroll when they retire, therefore predominantly boomers.

Odd... why are there no younger men in this picture?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever it was meant to do officially, it was a de facto bogey man, witchhunt organization. LKY learnt at a young age cocksucking from the Japs and has continued to cocksuck under the British, US, Malaysia and China. PA is the Gestapo, Stasi and KGB.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have little doubt that Harvard scholar General yam is PAP running dog number one.He is paid by all of us to be a runniing dog for PAP,what a shame.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In 1993, 2 years after GCT as PM lost his panties in 1991 after CST and SDP grabbed 3 seats, RCs and CCCs management moved from PMO to PA. this is when it deviated from its original goals and became a complete extension of the PAP, paid for by the taxes of hardworking Singapore residents. To spruce it up and appear professional, scholars were seconded and the CEOs had to be carefully chosen. From preventing subversive elements greeping into grassroots organisation, the CEO now has to run the elections campaigns for the PAP.

This confirms my long held suspicion that most of our current problems were created or started during GCT's tenure.
The asset enhancements that resulted in the sky-high property prices, the open-door * FT policy, appointing HC to GIC/Temasek, the frequent shifting of the CPF goal post, the elected President, etc etc, and to top it off, his failure to seize power during the Hotel Properties fiasco. All these show that he is nothing more than an incompetent PM.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
This confirms my long held suspicion that most of our current problems were created or started during GCT's tenure.
The asset enhancements that resulted in the sky-high property prices, the open-door * FT policy, appointing HC to GIC/Temasek, the frequent shifting of the CPF goal post, the elected President, etc etc, and to top it off, his failure to seize power during the Hotel Properties fiasco. All these show that he is nothing more than an incompetent PM.

PA is a spy entity staffed with thousands of pap lackeys paid by singaporean taxpayers' money and reporting to PAP.The Wooden Goh is the farking bastard who implemented the minimum sum scheme and detained our cpf money without trial until 65 or further or for life until u are dead.
Condemned all these greedy and corrupt MIW to hell !

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT is a smiling tiger. At least the old man was upfront. He is also the one that went crazy with building 5 and 6 man GRCs after 1991.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Wooden Goh is the farking bastard who implemented the minimum sum scheme and detained our cpf money without trial until 65 or further or for life until u are dead.
Condemned all these greedy and corrupt MIW to hell !
If not for the minimum sum and retirement account, everyone will be pumping in all their cpf money into properties, and the bubble will be even worse. I think it was LHL that pushed for this cpf change when he saw the effect of Asian financial crisis on properties.

It was the joint effort of old man, woody and LHL that created all the problems for past twenty years. In fact LHL tentacles went back to 86 recession because he pumped up cpf contribution to 50%.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If ...
It was the joint effort of old man, woody and LHL that created all the problems for past twenty years. In fact LHL tentacles went back to 86 recession because he pumped up cpf contribution to 50%.

Sharp of you, the 3 of them : spokeman, office holder n true power behind the throne - tat was the reality thru 91-2004

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If not for the minimum sum and retirement account, everyone will be pumping in all their cpf money into properties, and the bubble will be even worse. I think it was LHL that pushed for this cpf change when he saw the effect of Asian financial crisis on properties.

Oh yeah,almost forgotten,the trinity,the Father,the Son and the Holy Goh.IF the greedy and corrupt MIW are sincere in containing sharp fluctuations and aberrations in property price increases leading to property bubble,they should not have allowed PRs (Non-Singaporean Citizens) to buy HDB flats and they should not have deliberatly cut down the supply of HDB flats to singaporean citizens and they should not have colluded with the developers/bankers to push up property prices to extraordinary heights and allowing the developers/bankers to earn abnormal or extraordinary profits.