• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Penang police will thoroughly probe raped-in-station allegation

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121111_144830_reuters_handcuffs.jpg

Monday, Nov 12, 2012
BUTTERWORTH, Malaysia - The police will not be biased when investigating the three policemen who allegedly gang-raped a 25-year-old Indonesian at a police station in Prai.

RELATED STORIES
Cops held over gang-rape in police station
Penang police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi said he would not "leave any stone unturned".

"We will not tolerate any act that may jeopardise the sanctity of the police force.

"We will be firm and take the appropriate action," he added.

On Saturday, DCP Abdul Rahim said the three policemen were arrested on Friday after the woman lodged a report at the Central Seberang Prai district police headquarters in Bandar Perda, Bukit Mertajam.

They have been remanded until Nov 16 to facilitate investigations.

The woman, a restaurant worker, had approached Bukit Mertajam Barisan Nasional coordinator Lau Chiek Tuan for help on Saturday.

She claimed during a press conference that she was in a taxi near the Pacific shopping mall at about 6.20am on Friday when she was stopped by a police patrol car.

Because she had only a photocopy of her passport, she said the policemen then brought her to the station, where they allegedly gang-raped her in a room.

DCP Abdul Rahim said police recorded statements from the woman and the taxi driver yesterday.

He stressed that investigations would be carried out according to the police's standard operating procedures.

The taxi driver, identified only as Tan, was also present at the press conference at Lau's service centre in Taman Usahaniaga, Bukit Mertajam.

Lau said he was flooded with phone calls after the case was highlighted in the media.

He said many of the callers expressed concern over the incident.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Jakarta Post/Asia News Network
Tuesday, Nov 13, 2012
INDONESIA - Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa demanded that the Malaysian government take immediate and concrete action on the alleged rape of an Indonesian migrant worker by three policemen in Penang, on Friday.

"That was a vicious, savage and unacceptable act. Furthermore, it was done by police officers who should protect people […] The Malaysian government should voice its clear stance regarding this incident," he said at the ministry on Monday.

House of Representatives lawmakers echoed Marty's outrage, demanding that either Indonesia's ambassador to Malaysia be recalled or Malaysia's top envoy be sent home.

Marty said that Indonesia would do its best to ensure that all legal processes in the case proceeded properly and appropriately.

"The prosecution will be carried out by Malaysian authorities, but we will make sure that the worker's testimony is delivered in the best manner," he told reporters, adding that the 25-year-old victim was staying at the Indonesian Consulate General in Penang.

Marty said the Indonesian government would coordinate with the Malaysian government in the investigation and prosecution of the three accused police officers, identified as NS, 33; SR, 21; and RA, 25, who are being detained by the Penang Police.

The lawmakers also reminded the government that bringing the three Malaysian policemen to justice would help guarantee the rights of other Indonesian migrant workers in Malaysia.

The legislators urged the Foreign Ministry to exercise firm and punitive diplomacy if the Malaysian government failed to handle the case properly.

"The government must call our envoy home to explain what really happened because the incident has undermined the dignity of our nation," House Deputy Speaker Priyo Budi Santoso said.

The National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) said the incident showed that Malaysia had failed to guarantee the rights of Indonesian workers, as stipulated in last year's agreement between both governments.

"The Malaysian government, as a neighbouring country and an ASEAN member, has not demonstrated cooperation in ensuring the protection of Indonesian citizens," Komnas Perempuan chairwoman Yuniyanti Chuzaifah said in a statement.

Jumhur Hidayat, the head of the Agency for the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Migrant Workers, said that the victim, a native of Batang, Central Java, had been registered as a legal migrant worker in Singapore since 2010.

"Eight months after working there, she moved to Batam then Penang, to work in a company called Amwork Vision," he said, as reported on the agency's official website.

According to media reports, the 25-year-old was traveling in a taxi in Penang on Friday when the three policemen stopped the cab to check documents. When the officers discovered that the migrant worker only had a copy of her passport with her, they took her to the Prai police station, where they allegedly raped and then threatened her to keep silent about the attack. She, however, reported the rape to local authorities.

Marty said that even though the migrant worker did not have her original passport with her, this did no warrant the extremity of the officers' treatment of her.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121112_180652_chinapress_cops.jpg

Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012
MALAYSIA - Three policemen have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 25-year-old Indonesian woman in a Penang police station.

Penang police chief Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Abdul Rahim Hanafi said they were nabbed on Friday night after the woman lodged a report at Bandar Perda.

They have been remanded for seven days to facilitate investigations, reported Malaysia's The Star.

"They have been suspended pending investigations," DCP Abdul Rahim said, adding that the case was being investigated under Section 376 of the Penal Code.

The woman, a restaurant worker, said her ordeal began after she took a taxi near the Pacific Shopping mall at about 6.20am on Friday.

She said policemen in a patrol car followed the cab for a while before flagging it down.

"At first, they asked for the cabbie's driving licence. They then asked me to show my passport.

"I had a photocopy of my passport, but they said I had to go with them to the police station," she added at a press conference called by Bukit Mertajam Barisan Nasional coordinator Lau Chiek Tuan at the Malaysian Chinese Association (MCA) office on Saturday.

The taxi driver, identified only as Mr Tan, was handcuffed by the policemen but released later and told to leave the place. He was also present at the press conference.

"At the police station, one of the policemen told me that I was under arrest," said the woman. "He then demanded to know how much money I had on me."

She said he, along with two other officers, then took her into a room where they allegedly gang-raped her.

The woman said: "When it was over, they sent me back to my home in Taman Indrawasih, near Prai, in a police car.

"They warned me not to tell anyone about the incident."

Mr Lau, who is also Penang MCA secretary, said the allegation was "very serious" and if true, damaging to the force's image.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Star/Asia News Network
Wednesday, Nov 14, 2012
GEORGE TOWN - Investigations into the alleged rape of a 25-year-old Indonesian by three policemen are almost complete.

"We are waiting for the chemist and medical reports before wrapping up our investigations," Penang police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi said.

"The investigation papers will then be handed over to the DPP's office for further action.

"We recorded 10 statements. The victim, a restaurant worker, is temporarily staying at the Consulate-General of Indonesia in Burma Road here."

DCP Abdul Rahim gave assurance that there would be no cover-up and "everything will be done according to procedure".

On Friday, three policemen were arrested after the woman lodged a report over the incident at the Central Seberang Prai district police headquarters in Bandar Perda, Bukit Mertajam.

The policemen have been remanded until Friday pending investigations.

The woman, who approached Bukit Mertajam Barisan Nasional co-ordinator Lau Chiek Tuan for help, claimed that she was in a taxi near the Pacific shopping mall when she was stopped by a police patrol car.

She claimed that as she only had a photocopy of her passport, the policemen took her to the police station, where they gang-raped her in a room.

Also present at the conference were acting Consul-General of Indonesia Sofi*- ana Mufidah, counsellor of consular affairs Dino Nurwahyudin of the Indonesia Em***-bassy in Kuala Lumpur, Penang CID chief Senior Assistant Commissioner Mazlan Ke**-sah and his deputy Asst Comm Nasir Sal- leh.

Sofiana said she believed the police would "do the right thing" and bring to book those involved in the case.

"I hope everyone, especially the Indonesian community here in Malaysia and back in Indonesia, will remain calm and let the police carry out their task."