• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PE 2011 Recount, Before & After

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
There were many tweets that suggested that TCB was in the lead by 2-3% island wide but eventually lost after the recount. This is not the case, according to official report by CNA
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1149562/1/.html

Before the recount,
Dr Tan Cheng Bock 736,825
Mr Tan Jee Say 529,670
Dr Tony Tan 744,459
Mr Tan Kin Lian 103,901
Total 2114855

After the recount,
Tan Cheng Bock 737,128 (+303)
Tan Jee Say 529,732 (+62)
Tony Tan Keng Yam 744,397 (-62)
Tan Kin Lian 103,931 (+30)
Total 2115188 (+333)

I think the numbers are quite interesting, because it gives rise to question on how the votes were counted in the first place, to have resulted in such a variance after the recount.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the extra votes after recount are from spoilt votes reinstated as valid. Lucky I made sure my vote sure spoilt beyond argument. I drew four cartoons LOL. No way man, I want spoilt means spoilt, that's my right and message.

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
For recount, we examined every rejects and fight for even the slightest indication that we can use to "indicate voters' intent"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The interesting things is where did the additional 333 votes surface from - thin air, stuck in the corner of the ballot box, left in the corner of the counting table, totalling not done properly. But error rate is quite small and acceptable. I spoke to Robert and he told me that it has passed his test. His Retired Eurasian inspector friend is also ok with the ballot.
There were many tweets that suggested that TCB was in the lead by 2-3% island wide but eventually lost after the recount. This is not the case, according to official report by CNAhttp://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1149562/1/.htmlBefore the recount, Dr Tan Cheng Bock 736,825Mr Tan Jee Say 529,670Dr Tony Tan 744,459Mr Tan Kin Lian 103,901Total 2114855After the recount,Tan Cheng Bock 737,128 (+303)Tan Jee Say 529,732 (+62)Tony Tan Keng Yam 744,397 (-62)Tan Kin Lian 103,931 (+30)Total 2115188 (+333)I think the numbers are quite interesting, because it gives rise to question on how the votes were counted in the first place, to have resulted in such a variance after the recount.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the recount,
Tan Cheng Bock 737,128 (+303)
Tan Jee Say 529,732 (+62)
Tony Tan Keng Yam 744,397 (-62)
Tan Kin Lian 103,931 (+30)
Total 2115188 (+333)

TJS (+62) TT (-65) means the counting staff at some counting stations kelong & put TJS's votes into TT's pile.
TKL (+30) & TCB (+303) means at 1st count, the counting staff may have binded 110 (or any other random figure more than 100) and called the stack 100 votes.

which is y after recount, there was suddenly an increase in number of votes counted. all spoilt votes would have been stamped rejected during the 1st count already.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The interesting things is where did the additional 333 votes surface from - thin air, stuck in the corner of the ballot box, left in the corner of the counting table, totalling not done properly. But error rate is quite small and acceptable. I spoke to Robert and he told me that it has passed his test. His Retired Eurasian inspector friend is also ok with the ballot.

How serious were you about having spoken to Robert? Many are still puzzled by the turn of events. TCB was recalled to the elections department when he was in the stadium. The elections department did not reveal pre-recount numbers, or who initiated the recount.

Looking at how May Tan, I mean Wong, was snubbed by Tony Tan at the stadium, one wonders why he was so agitated (and what got into his mouth). He was non-committal when asked about the numbers, who was leading, etc. and in fact he looked very worried and was very tight lipped. May Wong actually asked him about 8k votes lead but he refused to answer.

Was he worried about 8k lead evaporating after careful scrutiny?

Considering how votes are collected and counted at the counting centers, the results should have been tallied, recorded and shown to the public, broken down by SMC/GRC.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
OT - it looks as if his false teeth has been dislocated and he is adjusting it back

How serious were you about having spoken to Robert? Many are still puzzled by the turn of events. TCB was recalled to the elections department when he was in the stadium. The elections department did not reveal pre-recount numbers, or who initiated the recount.

Looking at how May Tan, I mean Wong, was snubbed by Tony Tan at the stadium, one wonders why he was so agitated (and what got into his mouth). He was non-committal when asked about the numbers, who was leading, etc. and in fact he looked very worried and was very tight lipped. May Wong actually asked him about 8k votes lead but he refused to answer.

Was he worried about 8k lead evaporating after careful scrutiny?

Considering how votes are collected and counted at the counting centers, the results should have been tallied, recorded and shown to the public, broken down by SMC/GRC.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who followed througout, TCB appeared jubilant and doing hi-fi the TKL style when he greeted the Jurong East stadium crowd, whereas TT appeared anxious, not knowing what to say, or did not dare to say anything in case he gives a slip... the two's body language seemed to indicate TCB had emerged victorious after the initial count... i was therefore quite surprise when that Bose guy announced TT had 744k and TCB had 737k... and that was at first count, not recount. But since TCB himself confirmed he was leading up to 80% only, theoretically it is possible for TT to overtake him at the last 20%.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT was visibly anxious, rude and disoriented at Toa Payoh stadium. He repeatedly showed it. Seems odd when he kept claiming that the President should have a "steady hand"

My sense is the 35% was a shock to him. I am sure it was a shock to everyone including opposition hardliners. Of all the candidates, he had the most to lose after having held prominent position including that of DPM. The clear message to him is that the majority of Singaporeans did not recognise or acknowledge his life time of contribution to public service.