• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PC problem!!Any one encounter the problem as below?????

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No popup problems, but whether you people have encountered this of late, my ISP is Starsux...I am a 'big fan'... heh heh heh , too stubborn to change!

(1) SBF - (i) I use Internet Explorer, I can't log in to post, (2) I use Firefox - I can, (3) Safari on Max OS X - I can? what is the matter?
(2) Is this due to the Olympics Games in London?, You tube, very slow or does not load ( same with IE & FF under Windows 7), links to you tube doesn't load.
(3) July 31, 2012, Yahoo mail, pop up message that in inform users of their new T&C, you click OK, it goes into an infinite loop, & you log in again, same thing happen. Searched google, this was experienced by Yahoo users on that day worldwide.

:p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not a PC problem, but more likely a problem with the ISP.

Lemme guess... the shitty red telco? Why are you still with the red telco? Loyalty points? Too lazy to switch service provider? Package with football on tv?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Warning, SIngtel Broadband got HAcked

SingTel investigates suspicious pop-up screen
Posted: 13 August 2012 2234 hrs

SingTel is investigating a suspicious pop-up screen that prompted broadband users to enter their IDs and passwords. (Screengrab courtesy of Benjamin Chiang)

SINGAPORE: SingTel has confirmed that some broadband customers may have encountered a popup screen from staging.examiner.com while surfing the internet on Monday afternoon.

Channel NewsAsia was first informed of this error by a hotline caller.

He was concerned that the pop-up error could expose his computer to security risks.

He said some of his friends have also encountered the same problem.

Writing on their facebook pages, SingTel advised customers not to enter their user id and password as prompted, but to click on the cancel button.

They said by 5.30pm, engineers had taken steps to ensure that the pop up window did not appear again.

SingTel said it is investigating the cause of the problem.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SingTel investigates suspicious pop-up screen
Posted: 13 August 2012 2234 hrs

SingTel is investigating a suspicious pop-up screen that prompted broadband users to enter their IDs and passwords. (Screengrab courtesy of Benjamin Chiang)

SINGAPORE: SingTel has confirmed that some broadband customers may have encountered a popup screen from staging.examiner.com while surfing the internet on Monday afternoon.

Channel NewsAsia was first informed of this error by a hotline caller.

He was concerned that the pop-up error could expose his computer to security risks.

He said some of his friends have also encountered the same problem.

Writing on their facebook pages, SingTel advised customers not to enter their user id and password as prompted, but to click on the cancel button.

They said by 5.30pm, engineers had taken steps to ensure that the pop up window did not appear again.

SingTel said it is investigating the cause of the problem.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore might have all these fantastically fast speeds but in reality they are just published "promises.

That's why I'm still sticking with my old, old but cheaper plan :biggrin:

chorut

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's ISP specific, like Singtel only, then it could be router table corruption at their end or DNS Servers hijack.

Try changing your DNS Servers to Google Public DNS or OpenDNS.

It's a 401 authentication issue, and looks like a 301 redirection to a restricted site (401)

Also, check hostfile just in case it's a malware, can't tell until you investigate the file.

Nothing to do with clearing cache and temp files, but usually this is the first step in browser issues.