• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pbm, bbm

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I happened to see an acquaintance's face on the Board of Directors of an organization.

About 3/4s of the Board have BBM and PBM next to their names.

Are these political titles?

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is also know as

Blakang Boleh Masuk (BBM) & Pantat Boleh Masuk (PBM) - if spelling wrong paiseh

Political titles for having bent-over and doing the unthinkables for past donkey years...

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks Wobble

do you happen to know if a person who is awarded both titles is likely to be related to the PAP in some way?

(this is not to suggest or imply any wrongdoing)

or is purely due to some great competence in their work?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PBM = Pingat Bakti Masyarakat (Public Service Medal)
BBM = Bintang Bakti Mayarakat (Public Service Star)

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks Wobble

do you happen to know if a person who is awarded both titles is likely to be related to the PAP in some way?

often than not...they are linked....but exceptions such as the Table Tennis imports....

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Ramseth.

I checked and it is for meritorious service in some sectors.

I guess it must be quite prestigious.

Cheers

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Usually I believe, the highest chances of getting these are those serving in PA, CCC, RC and of course, those in senior civil service positions.

It makes up for Singapore public servants, volunteers and contributors not normally eligible for OBEs, knighthoods and datukships anymore.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually I believe, the highest chances of getting these are those serving in PA, CCC, RC and of course, those in senior civil service positions.

It makes up for Singapore public servants, volunteers and contributors not normally eligible for OBEs, knighthoods and datukships anymore.

for civil servants..they receive a different type of award...Public Service Stars or something

PBS/PBM/BBM/BBM (L) are grassroots-related.....hence PA/CCC/RC

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparent PAP stooges and publicity whores going by those nauseating advert congratulations frequently seen in ST:biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are medals for public servants and grassroots leaders who don't deserve their weight in salt. Check the number of PBMs and BBms who have been convicted for corruption, fraud etc.

Getting medals for hanging flags forcibly on people's balconies to score points, staging pasar malams to make pocket money, carrying balls when MPs do their walk-abouts and meet-the-people sessions, attending and volunteering in full force NDPs, campaign events .. these aren't exactly things to be proud of :mad:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys for your inputs.

It goes to show that you hardly know a person even when you think you know them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Ramseth.

Cheers
95% of these awards go to PAP/grassroots members. Those who have received the PBM will get the BBM after 5 years. Its as pretigious as a dog's arse.

There has been some lobbying on the quiet to award non political related vounteers and achievers with something else. The Govt has refused.

Pia has painted the picture well. Receipients usually do not mention the awards after their name to avoid ridicule.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, no civil servant will be caught dead with these 2 awards.

PBM is for apple polishing
BBM is for relentlessly polishing apples for a longer duration.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Scroobal. I was thinking along the line that if there is a connection, then it will certainly explain his assumed air of authority, love for higher authority and usage of whatever personal authority to gain business advantages.

I was not certain, hence i asked.

Cheers