• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PA's "Stellar" Reply to Sear Hock Rong Affair

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr IB, can do me a favor, can change that avatar of yrs ?
Very rude to show the pix of 'Lui Fuck You' in uniform every time your post appear with the usual PAPspeak ....

Your statements are all very stock response seen when govt bodies PRO replies to the press....

Really, your avatar, I mean it - bloody rude & awful .... in uniform some more

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally, this whole matter of less than transparent awarding of small contracts to related party businessmen has been going on since time immemorial.

It's a grey area whereby the amounts involved are not significant enuf or purported corruption clearly defined enuf for any meaningful prosecution to happen.

So Alex Tan's persistent questions although well-meaning are laughably unrealistic.

Still, if he has time & inclination to kick up a fuss - by all means, make some people sweat a little.

That PA, being a govt organ blah blah also old academic issue.

Of course PA & PAP 'arg - ka - leow', never forget PA's historical origins.

Say what you like about the repugnance of PA=PAP=Govt, as long as no major scandals erupt, life goes on.

Like this PR reply to Alex Tan from PA, stock answer : ' we have investigated, all in order', like Temasak/GIC investment losses - 'no in depth revelation - for security sake' (be happy, pre-internet days, you won't even hear of news of losses, let alone dwelve further) .......

The unspoken bottomline is: you just got to take my word for it & trust my integrity. Take it or leave it - not happy ? vote me out.

Just as bad laws are passed for expediency in Parliament always allowing for intepretation & exercise at discretion of the Minister, in the end, they turn around & tell you, no need for good law, more the person/govt you elect. Screw the system/institution , all these are form only, it's the integrity of the leaders you elect....

There must be a line drawn somewhere, isn't it ?

Of course form-substance, institution-individual dichotomy , all must have a balance.

Back to this PA thing.

On paper, I'm sure that are controls. 3 quotes called blah blah blah.

If evaluation shows close/equivalent merit, who to give the business to ?
Some related party / or our supporter's firm, someone we know of course - so long as PA don't look like suckers or given shoddy goods & services.

It is a grey area, unworthy of CPIB intervention.

Ultimate remedy ? - throw out PAP & reconstruct the landscape.

Too drastic?

That's why for 51 yrs, we are still returning PAP to power.

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, this whole matter of less than transparent awarding of small contracts to related party businessmen has been going on since time immemorial.

It's a grey area whereby the amounts involved are not significant enuf or purported corruption clearly defined enuf for any meaningful prosecution to happen.

To sum it all up as the Hokkien saying goes..." Kang kwhey jiow giah, mern ang ni jweh kum lung ah?" Siiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.:(

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry but i have to agree with Internet Brigade this time, PA is not obligated to tell an individual about the details of their dealings, who is Alex anyway in their opinion.

If you're running a business, a stranger ask you for your company account, would you show it to him?

I do hope opposition party will highlight this incident during next parliament session, maybe there's hope that various sectors will look into it.

There's no point discussing it in the internet, it WILL never solve the problem :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shut up and sit [email protected]:biggrin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-VYBZgwGdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-VYBZgwGdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Privacy is accorded to any business that does not access any tax payers funds. This is not a private company. A private company is well within their rights to keep their business confidential.

PA is not a business.

Which part you don't get.

Sorry but i have to agree with Internet Brigade this time, PA is not obligated to tell an individual about the details of their dealings, who is Alex anyway in their opinion.

If you're running a business, a stranger ask you for your company account, would you show it to him?

I do hope opposition party will highlight this incident during next parliament session, maybe there's hope that various sectors will look into it.

There's no point discussing it in the internet, it WILL never solve the problem :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kuan Yew and Lee Hsien Loong had to defend themselves in Parliament over their purchase of condo units, PA don't need to answer a question of public interest?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have been conditioned so well that they do not know what is right and wrong. Even more scary is that they can't differentiate between private and organisation run on public funds.

NKF was forced to reveal its financials because it was taking money from the public.

All PA has do is state on what basis the tender was granted and the people who made those decisions and their affiliations. Taxpayers fund were used. Both PA and the PAP had seen recent incidents of funds misappropriations with a suicide last month. There has to be accountability.

As I said, even the civil service found this chap unfit.

Last edited:

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have been conditioned so well that they do know what is right and wrong. Even more scary is that they can't differentiate between private and organisation run on public funds.QUOTE]

Singaporeans have been conditioned so well that they do [not] know what is right and wrong? Correct?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The quality of YPAP is disheartening. VOTE OUT PAP and dismantle these stupid YPAP kids for wasting taxpayers money.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NOW we have it from botak Tan Boon Huat -

quoted in Today (Thurs):-

"PA is political but not partisan."

WTF Does that mean :oIo:

normalsingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best post in a long while. Insightful + humourous. *clap* *clap*

So Alex Tan's persistent questions although well-meaning are laughably unrealistic.

Still, if he has time & inclination to kick up a fuss - by all means, make some people sweat a little.

That PA, being a govt organ blah blah also old academic issue.

Of course PA & PAP 'arg - ka - leow', never forget PA's historical origins.

Say what you like about the repugnance of PA=PAP=Govt, as long as no major scandals erupt, life goes on.

Like this PR reply to Alex Tan from PA, stock answer : ' we have investigated, all in order', like Temasak/GIC investment losses - 'no in depth revelation - for security sake' (be happy, pre-internet days, you won't even hear of news of losses, let alone dwelve further) .......

The unspoken bottomline is: you just got to take my word for it & trust my integrity. Take it or leave it - not happy ? vote me out.

Just as bad laws are passed for expediency in Parliament always allowing for intepretation & exercise at discretion of the Minister, in the end, they turn around & tell you, no need for good law, more the person/govt you elect. Screw the system/institution , all these are form only, it's the integrity of the leaders you elect....

There must be a line drawn somewhere, isn't it ?

Of course form-substance, institution-individual dichotomy , all must have a balance.

Back to this PA thing.

On paper, I'm sure that are controls. 3 quotes called blah blah blah.

If evaluation shows close/equivalent merit, who to give the business to ?
Some related party / or our supporter's firm, someone we know of course - so long as PA don't look like suckers or given shoddy goods & services.

It is a grey area, unworthy of CPIB intervention.

Ultimate remedy ? - throw out PAP & reconstruct the landscape.

Too drastic?

That's why for 51 yrs, we are still returning PAP to power.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
These should be open tenders so ALL DETAILS should be available. It is never a waste of time to push for accountability from civil servants. Did Sear receive beneficial info that other tenderers didn't have?

Who are his competitors? Have they provided similar services to PA or orther private/public orgs? How did they perform?

What systems are in place at PA to ensure that corruption or favoritism doesn't occurr considering the close relationship between PA and RCs and the number of business owners in RCs.

What percentage (number and in dollar amounts) of PA tenders were won by RC members versus the general public?

Lots of questions to ask. Keep asking these people. Their entire live is based on disinformation and relying on the 154th to continue their lies. Keep asking at all and any opportunity, the beauty of it is that every answer from them is likelt to be more lies or disinformation. Just like the 'White Horse' debacle a while back. If we don't push then nothing will happen other than more of the same lies.