• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parliamentary seats are earned by elections and not given by ruling party! Big joke!

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is a mother of all jokes !

Parliamentary seats are supposed to be earned by elections and not allocated by someone or somebody.

May be the PAP people are so used to walkovers gaining access to parliament.

Then what is NMP ? This is nonsense, what do the NMPs represent? Democrazy or hypocrism ?

Perhaps morons are telling the voters that you need not vote for alternative members becos there are seats waiting for them at the parliament.
You want diverse voices, there you have it! We help you to allocate.
See how stupid is that!

And if the voters bite that, they are the biggest fools !

Alternative parties should bring this up during GE husting to wake up the voters
!

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Parliamentary seats are earned by elections and not given by ruling party! Big jo

i think no one is biting it...

voices from the ground clearly shows that people are weary and skeptical of this BS being dished out by PAP.

Thank GOD for the common sense of the people.

PAP go eat SHIT!

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Parliamentary seats are earned by elections and not given by ruling party! Big jo

This is the most stupid move, only hypothyroids will think of this .
My God, i think we need a new PM!

i think no one is biting it...

voices from the ground clearly shows that people are weary and skeptical of this BS being dished out by PAP.

Thank GOD for the common sense of the people.

PAP go eat SHIT!

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal

Alternative parties should politely bring this issue up during the GE's husting.

" 9 NCMPs and NMPs"

Ask the crowd what does NMP mean , and why they are there when we need more real alternative voices and governance ?"

What we want is an alternative Governance and managment and not diverse voices. Do the right thing , vote for singapore , vote to save singapore !

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like pinkie Loon has lost touch with reality. He is supposed to be a politician but does not even know how to con the people well enough; which explains why daddy is still required to be around in order to "help" him.

May the people vote wisely in the next GE and kick out all the PAPpy fools from our gahmen that do not deserve to be around.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal

What the use of NCMP when they can only voice and not be taken into account? I am very sure those issues like GST upped to 7%, Minister pay increase, taxi fare and ERP will be fiercely debate by opposition if their votes count.

The stupid rule of raising the ciggie tax so high and then employ ICA personel to catch smugglers are stupid act and waste resources.

Obviously some good quality opposition must be put in to knock some senses on those scums who happily dish out shit laws and policy w/o facing oppose views.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was reading what LHL has proposed for the future parliamentary seating and it is scary. Just put yourselves into his shoes and you will know his real intention.

LHL is spooked by what happening in both Malaysia and Thailand. The strategy that he employs only aims to give him the advantage during the election.

He has proposed to raised the NCMP to 9. On the surface, it means an increase in opposition voices in Parliament. The solution relaxes Singaporeans and thus they are more willing to vote for PAP under such circumstances, afterall, there are 9 oppositions and 12 NMPs.

The problem with this concept is that LHL distract people on the meaning of voice. He portray that an increase in alternate voice means more opposition debating over Parliamentary issues. However, this will instead change the opposition to a mere show case with no real power. They are not allowed to vote afterall.

LHL's intention I believe is to kill off the remaining 2 oppositions so that he would not even have to worry about the 2 opposing votes against his "quality policies".

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal

May the people vote wisely in the next GE and kick out all the PAPpy fools from our gahmen that do not deserve to be around.

It amazes me that there are still plenty of fools out there that think the Lee dynasty can be voted out in a GE. They (PAP) manage the elections committee right down to the counting of votes.

Imagine this - the referee, lines men belonging to the home team and half the visitor team (bribed of course) play against the home team in the football match. Should there be a fluke goal against the home team, you can be rest assured the referee will rule offside.

The elections concessions granted by Lee are to ensure that the "right" kind of opposition politicians are voted in so that parliamentary representation can be stage managed as we don't want people holding hands and marching the streets braying for the PAP's blood.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Take away GRC. Or less than half parliment seat under GRC for next election and max number of member in GRC is 3.
MPs have to be nominate by citizen to get respect not walk under the table to get in.
Why need 5 or 6 MPs to take care of small area. In Malaysia one MPs can take care area bigger than Singapore alone. In China/India one MP take care of at least 10 time the area of Singapore.
Few MPs are trying to carry ball/blow jobs for PM.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is there a need and justification in continuously tweaking our political election process??????
since singapore has inherited a British politicalframe=work,,will it be more apt to adopt a system closely of that of the British as we generally based on common-law too

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Quote:"Parliamentary seats are earned by elections and not given by ruling party! Big joke!

What elections? With so many walkovers, these clowns were simply shafted into Parliament w/o a fight, the so-called baptism of fire. The people never elected them. Truly speaking, the people have no say! The elections laws deemed that they have been elected, that's all! For those seats that were contested, the Papsmears were given such a big headstart and extensive positive media coverage while the oppos were negatively portrayed as clowns/stooges, incompetent,anti-Singapore and pro-foreign powers! Those dare to "kwailan" with them got sued to shreds and became "pokkai"! Elections? No! :rolleyes::o:mad: Erections? Yes! The people all gets excited and aroused.:eek:

Conclusion: Elections are always carefully staged-managed affairs designed to keep out the "housefly" oppositon while retaining power forever. It is a fact all these NCMPs and NMPs are non-elected positions; in fact they are "given" and "decided" by the govt which in the case of Sinkapore, it is always the same old party.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

My only worries, we are paying for more Jiat Liao Bee MPs in the Parliment. Currently have 90 plus MPs?... 90 times $13,000 per month = $1,170,000

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well ,if the alternate party got the mojority to support them..then,,overnight,,we will have an alternate party become an absolute majority and government
THE DOUBLE EDGE SWORD CUTS BOTHWAY.........
QUESTION IS DO WE HAVE A STRONG AND TRUSTHWORTY ALTERNATE PARTY THAT PEOPLE WILL VOTE THEM????????

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal

ultimately, it will be a staged wayang debate show where the pro party will get the upper hand. All very predictable.
Also it will incur more taxpayer $$$ by putting more JLB MPs into it. We already have enough heavyweight JLBs. I can tell this fat regime will bankrupt the national reserves.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

There has been a lot of numbers bandied about: 9, 12 , 5,6...

Can somebody put something together and we can all try 4D or Toto?

Super_Hypocrite

Alfrescian
Loyal

It amazes me that there are still plenty of fools out there that think the Lee dynasty can be voted out in a GE. They (PAP) manage the elections committee right down to the counting of votes.

Dear Frens,

from what i have observed in the previous election and the number of votes for the PAP...I really feel its hard to vote PAP out or even win a GRC for the opposition.

The number the PAP wins by is alot. Just look at Eunos in the 06 'erection'..PAP won by agar agar 16000 votes,, in a Democratic country,,,seldom there is a winning margin that huge most parties win by 52% of the votes agar agar.

So lets say PAP dont redraw the boundary and leave it as it is,,,(it was the same for the last election right? most boundaries was unchange) Can that 16k voters be convinced to vote opposition??

And look at this Tampines GRC with MBT as anchor,,he is an extremely unpopular Minister but he won by 30K ++ votes and the SDA team was pretty professional,,,so the odds of winning a GRC is really an uphill task.

The only way is all become SMC like in the past,,that way maybe can wrestle a few more seats from PAP...but even for the exisiting SMCs, the PAP also wins by substantial margins,,,

At present the PAP has shown that its not running the country well,,,look at Ho Cheng etc, losses by GIC and ministers and PAP MPs saying stupid things...contrast that to Chiam See Tong and Low Thia Kiang,,,their performance and their dedication to singaporeans is a far cry from the PAP and many a time,,,they make the PAP mps look dumb,,,but still during elections majority of PAP still get voted in..

are voters that stupid?? or dont care??? or afraid of PAP?? Or are the elections rigged directly?? I heard people tell me,,"I vote for PAP but i hope the opposition wins".."I vote PAP so i can get upgrading" like that how opposition wins?? and its the peoples funds not PAP funds hor,and yet singaporeans still like to get screwed,,,really wonder

I hope the opposition contest all the seats .maybe will have a chance and the true demographics of PAP support will show?