• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Paris under attack heavy gunfire and explosions nov 13th 2015

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Goh Meng Seng can easily fight go to ISIS, but that would be a waste of his precious talent.

Higher mortals like Admiral Goh prefer to play the role of the keyboard warrior rather than get our hands dirty. We focus on the grand picture. Get that clear in your head.

but he has already fought with hamas no?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BBn0HdE.img
© Provided by The Malay Mail Online The stewardess was instructed to stay indoors by the hotel reception as curfew had been imposed on the city. — File pic
BBn0uKt.img
© Provided by The Malay Mail OnlinePETALING JAYA, Nov 15 — A Malaysian stewardess with Singapore Airlines is eager to leave Paris after experiencing a frightful night in Les Jardins du Marais hotel, just 500m from the Bataclan concert hall where over 80 people were gunned down on Friday.
Liew Man Ling, 26, from Shah Alam was jolted from her sleep by the sounds of sirens and people screaming. Over 128 lives were lost after militants attacked six different areas in the French capital.
“The situation here looks chaotic. It looks just like a movie but it is real life. It was frightening,” said Liew.
“I was suddenly woken up by the sounds of the commotion and screeching ambulances. I turned on the television and found out about the attacks.
“There is a feeling of fear. People don’t know what is going to happen next. I’m just glad to be safe,” she said.
The stewardess was instructed to stay indoors by the hotel reception as curfew had been imposed on the city.
She was supposed to fly back yesterday but her flight was delayed as the French authorities have closed all the country’s entry points.
“I have been in touch with my family. They were very worried about my safety. The rest of my colleagues are safe.
“For now, we can only hope and pray for the safety of others and wait for the French government to announce when it will be safe to leave,” she said.
Priya Thangaveloo, 35, a business development manager from Penang, lives just 2.6km from the Le Petit Cambodge restaurant where gunmen killed at least 14 customers. She said it was one of the restaurants she frequented.
“Fortunately, I was celebrating Deepavali at a friend’s place,” said the Malaysian who has been living in Paris for five years
Although shaken by the drama that unfolded in a city which she described “as one of the safest in the world”, Priya is confident that normalcy will return to Paris.
“I have lived in several countries and I have never feared walking alone in Paris even in the wee hours of the morning.”
“This is the second time this year. I hope justice prevails. Someone has got to put a stop to this,” she said.
“The city is in chaos and there is a curfew. I’m terribly devastated and saddened by this massacre of young and innocent people,” she said.
Malaysian couple Low Oon Jin, 50, and his wife Pauline Tan, 35, who are holidaying in Paris said they knew about the attacks after receiving messages from their families.
They arrived in Paris on Friday and stayed at the Hotel Paxton. “We went back to the hotel at 8.20pm local time.
“We received messages from Malaysia and that’s when we first heard about it. I switched on the TV and saw the carnage and the after-effects of the explosions,” said Low, an architect.
Low, however, said he would not cut short his holiday.
“We will be visiting tourist sites outside of Paris for now. My main concern is we are supposed to leave for Belgium tomorrow, but no one can tell us when the borders will open,” he said.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Paris attacks: suspects and 'mastermind' Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud holed up in St-Denis raid – live[/h]

LIVE Updated

Mute

Current Time 0:00

/

Duration Time 0:21

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%

Police officers can be seen in the midst of a raid in Saint-Denis, a northern suburb of Paris, in the early hours of Wednesday morning Claire Phipps
Wednesday 18 November 2015 07.02 GMT

[h=3]Shares[/h] 4,092

Save for later

Show

Show

6.58am 06:58
[h=2]St-Denis raid: what we know so far[/h] The police operation in St-Denis is ongoing, but here is what we currently know:

• Heavy shooting, including automatic gunfire, and explosions have been reported in St-Denis, a northern Paris suburb. St-Denis is where the Stade de France, one of the targets of Friday’s attacks, is located, although the current operation is in the centre of the suburb, close to the basilica.
  • The targets of the raid are the suspected mastermind of the Paris attacks, Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud; as well as Salah Abdeslam and another suspect thought to be a ninth attacker.
  • Two or three men are reported to have barricaded themselves in an apartment, exchanging gunfire with officers. It is not confirmed that these men are the suspects named above.
  • Shooting began at 4.30am local time (0330 GMT) and has continued in bursts in the hours since. At least seven explosions have been heard.
  • Three police officers have been reported injured in the operation, apparently not seriously. At least one person has reportedly died, but this has not been confirmed.
  • Roads have been closed off and the police operation is ongoing, with large numbers of police officers and police vehicles in the area. Military reinforcements have also arrived.
  • Residents have been told to stay in their homes and away from windows. Some have been moved to a temporary shelter in the town hall. Transport to St-Denis has been suspended and schools will not open on Wednesday.
4096.jpg

Ambulances, fire and police vehicles line up in St-Denis. Photograph: Etienne Laurent/EPA
Updated at 7.02am GMT

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.46am 06:46
Three heavy trucks carrying around 100 French troops have arrived in St-Denis to secure the perimeter of the operation, as they did outside the Bataclan concert hall on Friday night.

Heavily armed police have taken over the centre of the town.
At least seven explosions have been heard at the scene, but the source of the blasts is unclear.
4096.jpg

French police officers raid the centre of St-Denis. Photograph: Ian Langsdon/EPA
Updated at 7.02am GMT

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.43am 06:43
Associated Press has spoken to residents of St-Denis who are witnessing the siege.
One resident described intense gunfire and explosions during a police operation near the site of one of last week’s deadly attacks.
Baptiste Marie, a 26-year-old independent journalist who lives near the scene of the standoff, told AP:

It started with an explosion. Then there was second big explosion. Then two more explosions. There was an hour of gunfire.

Resident Amin Guizani, 21, said:

There were grenades. It was going, stopping. Kalashnikovs. Starting again.

Updated at 6.51am GMT

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.37am 06:37
It is now just after 7.30am in Paris, meaning the siege in St-Denis has been going on for over three hours.
There are reports of one person dead, and three police officers injured, though apparently not seriously.
Several explosions have been heard in the last few minutes.
At least three military trucks are now on the scene in the centre of St-Denis.

Updated at 6.51am GMT

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.33am 06:33
JonHenley.jpg
Jon Henley

BFMTV and other French media have reported that at least one person has been killed in the police assault. His identity is not yet known.
The inhabitants of St-Denis have been ordered to remain inside their homes, behind locked doors, and to stay away from the windows.

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.28am 06:28
We are hearing explosions live via CNN – at least four so far – from the scene at St-Denis.

Updated at 6.28am GMT

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.26am 06:26
[h=2]St-Denis raid: what we know so far[/h] The police operation in St-Denis is ongoing, but here is what we currently know:

• Heavy shooting, including automatic gunfire, and explosions have been reported in St-Denis, a northern Paris suburb. St-Denis is where the Stade de France, one of the targets of Friday’s attacks, is located, although the current operation is in the centre of the suburb, close to the basilica.
  • The targets of the raid are the mastermind of the Paris attacks, Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud; as well as Salah Abdeslam and another suspect thought to be a ninth attacker.
  • Two or three men are reported to have barricaded themselves in an apartment, exchanging gunfire with officers. It is not confirmed that these men are the suspects named above.
  • Shooting began at 4.30am local time (0330 GMT) and has continued in bursts in the hours since.
  • At least one police officer has been injured in the operation.
  • Roads have been closed off and the police operation is ongoing, with large numbers of police officers and police vehicles in the area. Military reinforcements have also arrived.
  • Residents have been told to stay in their homes and away from windows. Some have been moved to a temporary shelter in the town hall. Transport to St-Denis has been suspended and schools will not open on Wednesday.

Updated at 6.51am GMT

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.22am 06:22
Military reinforcements have arrived in St-Denis.
A reminder that the police siege of an apartment thought to contain the man named as the mastermind of the Paris attacks, Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud; as well as Salah Abdeslam and another suspect thought to be a ninth attacker, is taking place just 2km from the Stade de France, one of Friday night’s suicide bombing targets.

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.16am 06:16
[h=2]Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud: what we know about 'Paris attacks mastermind'[/h] French officials have previously said Abdel-Hamid Abu Oud, 27, was instrumental in organising and executing the gun and suicide bomb attacks on Friday night that wrought devastation in central Paris.
Abu Oud, a Belgian of Moroccan origin, was first named by police as a wanted extremist after a gun battle in eastern Belgium in January during a raid on an Isis cell.
Abu Oud, the group’s suspected leader, spent time fighting alongside Isis in Syria. He was known to security forces after appearing in an Isis video, at the wheel of a car transporting mutilated bodies to a mass grave.
Abu Oud was also linked by French officials to the thwarted attacks on a Paris-bound high-speed train in August and a foiled plot to attack a church in Paris in April. The French newspaper Libération also linked him to Sid Ahmed Ghlam, a French student charged with murder, attempted murder and terror offences.

Abu Oud regularly attempted to recruit other western fighters to join Isis militants in Syria – even recruiting his 13-year-old brother, Younes, according to French media.

Facebook

Twitter

Google plus

6.11am 06:11
angelique_chrisafis_140x140.jpg
Angelique Chrisafis

A local politician said neighbours who heard shots ring out thought there was another terrorist attack underway.
He said that during the police assault on the apartment – which is still taking place not far from Saint-Denis’s famous basilica – shots had been fired over a period of over an hour.
The metro is closed and buses in the area are shut down. Locals are being advised not to leave their homes.
The raid is taking place in the centre of St-Denis near key shopping streets and residential streets. Neighbours who had opened their windows have been ordered to close them. BFMTV reported that a passerby might have been injured.
A resident and young mother close to the area told Le Monde:

I was woken at 4:10am by explosions. They went on for around 20 minutes and then there was automatic gunfire and shots.
From our window we saw lights [flashing] as if grenades had been lit and thrown. Then helicopters had arrived, with spotlights on the roofs.
We’re scared. We’ve turned the lights on so the children won’t be so scared.

2345.jpg

French special police forces secure the area during an operation to catch Paris attack fugitives in St-Denis. Photograph: Christian Hartmann/Reuters

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so the gendarmerie botched the take down. the fact the suspects can return fire and activated explosive belt at the gendarmerie assault at 4am meant something screwed up as the police should have the element of surprise. it already 8am over there yet there are still resistance.