• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Parents Beware

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just received a call from a friend...She is 19yrs old, an attractive gal and an undergraduate at NUS. To support her study, she works part-time as a receptionist at an Entertainment Company.

Last night she was "forced" by her boss to go entertain some of her Company's clients because he was short of gals. She didnt want to but was threatened. She is distraught.

So, parents.... beware!!! What your daughter is facing and experiencing may not be what you know. She may be having a perfectly decent job like secretary, receptionist, etc...But if she is attractive, she may be lured, coerced, threatened, etc by her boss and clients

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Force will not make anyone happy so do the client. See dark face also no mood.

hahahahhaha. you are indeed ignorant. in the weal world, a rich man can lure/force an unwilling gal to submit with his money...let that gal not be your loved one, otherwise it may cause much heartaches

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talk to a lawyer and I'm sure they can help. Talk to AWARE too.

Yes, these are possibilities..But she is from a poor family and she is even afraid to let her parents know. She is a good friend of mine, that's why she was able to confide in me. She is considering quitting her P/T job

How many young SG gals face the same dilemma?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. honest, if the gal is some undergraduate, she should also know the relevant channel especially the ministry of manpower.
2. local sheep, clueless and useless under stress.

Tell that to a 19-yr old gal who needs the money for NUS tuition fees, whose parents are poor and struggling to feed the family..

I dun think she is the only gal who experiences such harassment...the question is do parents know what their teenage daughters are facing in their lives...what appears all calm may not be so..it's wise to get to know your daughter's situations

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just received a call from a friend...She is 19yrs old, an attractive gal and an undergraduate at NUS. To support her study, she works part-time as a receptionist at an Entertainment Company.

Last night she was "forced" by her boss to go entertain some of her Company's clients because he was short of gals. She didnt want to but was threatened. She is distraught.

So, parents.... beware!!! What your daughter is facing and experiencing may not be what you know. She may be having a perfectly decent job like secretary, receptionist, etc...But if she is attractive, she may be lured, coerced, threatened, etc by her boss and clients

welcome to the real world.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe..but my friend is distraught.

So what do I do?

Telling her to quit her job is easy for me, but does that solve her problem?

Ask her to write to Wan Bao and have her story published. Alternatively, tell her to either learn to deal with the situation or do something else. If she gets fired for refusing to go bring it up in some employment courts or something.