• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAPee to Target SBF Before GE???

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - The next step to silence online dissent</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>MissClarity <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:42 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>26611.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>The article below gives a background to understand the rest of this post. Do read it first.
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/01/02/online-brothels-becoming-more-popular-with-singapore-youth/
I suspect that the ST article about brothels going online is the pappy's opening move in an entire campaign to supress online criticisms.
After all, the elections are within the next 14 months. Bet a silly pink clown is just wringing palms hoping to 'fix' negative online chatter.
Expect more articles about the bad effects of online prostitution over the next few months.
When they have generated enough unhappiness amongst the people, they can then use the negative public opinion to ban/block sites with online prostitution.
My take is that the pappy's IB are trying to engineer a legitimate excuse to close forums that promote prostitution. Their real target is SBF. The authorities can then argue that they can protect your interests by banning a certain website.
A certain MP will then come out to say : "See..we are closing those nasty forums FOR YOUR BENEFIT."
LeongSam might not even be prepared as to what what hit him.
But fellow forummers there must not be caught with their pants down (pun intended).
Ficklebug & kojak: suggest you do a little more advertising & promotion at SBF so that if/when SBF gets closed, the members there know of 3in1kopitiam.com's address/existence and can regroup here if necessary.
There is nothing worse than meeting your enemy face-on when your troops are scattered and disorganised.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do not need SBF or any other..if the voters in SINkingpore is as fark up, as the last election, I hate to say this, the oppositions are just as ineffective.

It was all smoke, & no fire, the oppositions were wet firecrackers, even though of it manages to light, it fizzled.

So far, nothing is heard from any of the oppositions in Sinkingpore..Low Thia Kiang, had been very quiet for a long while...Chiam, is not that good in health...

So, if SBF were to generate the same frenzy it did the last time, & then when the elecetion results were announced, it was so pathethic. The PAP need not even worry about SBF..it is just another of those, "No Action, Talk Only"( N A T O), typical SINkingporenS, talk at the coffee shops, until sa li vas flow, looking all flustered..after election, you ask, "whom did you vote", "PAPA lor!..opposition... @#$#@#%$...!!" before elecction, "PAP #@#$#$!".

So, SBF is nothing, not worth closing down, unless it is good as the Malaysian websites..

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
You do not need SBF or any other..if the voters in SINkingpore is as fark up, as the last election, I hate to say this, the oppositions are just as ineffective.

It was all smoke, & no fire, the oppositions were wet firecrackers, even though of it manages to light, it fizzled.

So far, nothing is heard from any of the oppositions in Sinkingpore..Low Thia Kiang, had been very quiet for a long while...Chiam, is not that good in health...

So, if SBF were to generate the same frenzy it did the last time, & then when the elecetion results were announced, it was so pathethic. The PAP need not even worry about SBF..it is just another of those, "No Action, Talk Only"( N A T O), typical SINkingporenS, talk at the coffee shops, until sa li vas flow, looking all flustered..after election, you ask, "whom did you vote", "PAPA lor!..opposition... @#$#@#%$...!!" before elecction, "PAP #@#$#$!".

So, SBF is nothing, not worth closing down, unless it is good as the Malaysian websites..

I doubt that sammyboy.com can ever influence the course of politics.

It is more for those frustrated by the PAP policies to come here and voice their frustrations. In many ways, such actions are highly impotent.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - The next step to silence online dissent</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>MissClarity <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>4:42 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>26611.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>The article below gives a background to understand the rest of this post. Do read it first.
http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/01/02/online-brothels-becoming-more-popular-with-singapore-youth/
I suspect that the ST article about brothels going online is the pappy's opening move in an entire campaign to supress online criticisms.
After all, the elections are within the next 14 months. Bet a silly pink clown is just wringing palms hoping to 'fix' negative online chatter.
Expect more articles about the bad effects of online prostitution over the next few months.
When they have generated enough unhappiness amongst the people, they can then use the negative public opinion to ban/block sites with online prostitution.
My take is that the pappy's IB are trying to engineer a legitimate excuse to close forums that promote prostitution. Their real target is SBF. The authorities can then argue that they can protect your interests by banning a certain website.
A certain MP will then come out to say : "See..we are closing those nasty forums FOR YOUR BENEFIT."
LeongSam might not even be prepared as to what what hit him.
But fellow forummers there must not be caught with their pants down (pun intended).
Ficklebug & kojak: suggest you do a little more advertising & promotion at SBF so that if/when SBF gets closed, the members there know of 3in1kopitiam.com's address/existence and can regroup here if necessary.
There is nothing worse than meeting your enemy face-on when your troops are scattered and disorganised.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sounds to me that TR is trying another go at creating something out of nothing, trying to frighten forummers as well as samsters.

Dont think PAP is interested in sammyboy and related forums, their impact is not as great and they are still viewed by only a handful.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

It is more for those frustrated by the PAP policies to come here and voice their frustrations. In many ways, such actions are highly impotent.

星星之火足可燎原!

Just a spark could possibly burn down the whole forest!

Goh Meng Seng

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
星星之火足可燎原!

Goh Meng Seng

It is more of noisy cymbals than a 'spark theat burn down the whole forest', sad to say, the oppostions at best was just wet firecrackers, when it does ignite, there were more smoke that an explosion; how to burn down a forest? Even a tiny bush, it can't burn.....:wink:

The oppositions have to be much more than noisy cymbals, they have to bring the 'game' to the player...afterall , two can play the same game, but alas!, one is junior league & the other Premier League...

Hate to blast the oppositions this way, but are we going to see the same repeated in the coming election?, where the oppositions are caught by the technically of rules?, or shifting goal posts or lost in game plans & tactics?

or will it be another wet firecrackers, noisy cymbals...and we see only One left standing in HOUGANG?

:rolleyes:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
but are we going to see the same repeated in the coming election?, where the oppositions are caught by the technically of rules?, or shifting goal posts or lost in game plans & tactics?

Just tell another 20% to shift their from from PAP. I assure that there'll be no repeat and we'll have a different parliament, different Singapore and different dynamics.

For one, Chiam is leaving his safe seat to go for a GRC. If that is not any change, nothing is. Lee Kuan Yew has stuck this spur called Tanjong Pagar into his hide which cannot be removed even when this spur has been shifting around since 1955 and the original whole thing is now in Jalan Besar GRC.

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi GMS,
I hope u can burn the shorty MBT's ass this next erection.
Collect million $ salary still can say 'I don't know, caught off guard'. Sleeping on the job izzit?
Sorry for crude language.

星星之火足可燎原!

Goh Meng Seng

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
星星之火足可燎原!

Goh Meng Seng

Every GE for the past 50 years (10 GEs), we see huge crowds cheering at opposition rallies and PAP rallies with smaller crowds. When all the ballot boxes come in, it is always a landslide for the PAP with around 2 seats going to the opposition.

There is no forest for the spark to start the fire because the political cowardice of S'pore voters is akin to a DESERT, no fires can start in a DESERT no matter how many sparks!

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, agree with some of you here. Back when we were at Delphi forum, so much buzz for Opposition, then result day was just a big let down.

Its the frustrated voters who are the active netizens castigating the MIW. The rest of the electorate is the lan lan type, yah lor what to do, this policy no good that policy also make me poorer, come election day, what to do, still got to vote MIW, machiam no job how.

I blame it on indifferent voters & the lack of mental willpower to change things. That is what most Sporeans are, kwai kwai sit there, even if you disagree keep quiet, you see lots of Sporeans doing that at MNCs meetings. It translates to the same thing at the voting booth.

For the next GE 2010/2011, my greatest fear & this has a very high chance to turn out to be reality is that only Hougang will be the ONLY Opposition to win a seat. All the rest will be POOFED.

Sad but true if you look at voting pattern.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tend to agree. I think it will be the highest honour bestowed on SBF if the gahmen wants to shut it down. That means they are feeling the pinch!

Honestly, if LHL or that bucktooth Lui won't move on SBf..if they do, it''ll only highlight the forum platform to those otherwise ignorant of SBF, and attract eyeballs to the forum, doing us a fat service!

So don't flatter ourselves.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
On other hand, SBF I hope is playing some role to re-educate those who have been brainwashed by the PAP all the years and want to find faith in a media that does not fawn, lionise or lick balls. Consider SBFers as sceptics, cynics who are out to bash the PAP and provide a diversity of opinions, to provide a counterbalance to the SPH media and counter their spin machine. Here, we share nuggets and gems of political scandals, gossips, and at times more serious political news and angles that normal Singaporeans dont get.

If citizens can get to read SBF and come away more balanced against the propaganda onslaught of the PAP daily thru their prostitutes, and remember that life is not always what PAP made it to look like, and prepare the voter better at the ballot box, then SBF woud have serve its use.