• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Victor Lye Forced By Oppie Populists To Apologize Over Minor Affair! Why Oppies So Petty?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
banner2.jpg

Victor Lye Thiam Fatt, People's Action Party (PAP) Candidate candidate for the Aljunied GRC in the General Election 2015 and grassroots leader for Aljunied GRC, has acknowledged that his volunteers put up a banner to cover up another banner from the Workers' Party and apologised for the action.

Mr Lye had earlier published a Facebook post about him not being paid to do community work in the constituency and quoted a resident saying that the opposition politicians have it better for them as their best losers are given a seat in Parliament with salary while Mr Lye and his team who were the best losers in GE2015, did not.

Mr Lye is one of the appointed grassroots advisors to the Bedok Reservor-Punggol Grassroots Organisation despite not being the elected Member of Parliament of the constituency.

The post spurred a member of public, Ong Yu Shan to ask Mr Lye, "Didn’t you tell resident you love to use underhand tactics?!? Passed by and saw your lovely face banner covered Aljunied banner @ WP constituency." and posted a photo of Mr Lye's banner blocking another banner which was purportedly taken recently at the Aljunied GRC.

Mr Lye promptly responded to Ong's post by acknowledging that the banner should not have been placed in the said manner and asked his volunteers to rectify.

The banner which was from Mr Lye's team is meant to inform the residents of the activities organised by the Bedok Reservor-Punggol Grassroots Organisation; activities such as porridge distribution, prayers, a community fair and groceries distribution during the Hari Raya period.

As for the banner being blocking, it can be seen from the color and viewable details that it is from the Aljunied Town Council managed by Workers' Party, promoting a festive event organised by the Aljunied constituency which is scheduled to be held on this coming 30 June.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...-banner-to-cover-workers-partys-event-banner/

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Terry - the "paid leave" story is false. I was not employed from 2012 to 2014. What leave can anyone give me?

I first volunteered in 1999 to help in Mr George Yeo's constituency of Kembangan to help those affected by the Asian Financial Crisis. In 2001, George then inherited the enlarged Aljunied GRC. I did not join the PAP until I was told I had to - if I wanted to help in George's 2001 election campaign. Over the years, I did not agree with certain policies and felt uncomfortable with the direction of the PAP. I wrote a few policy papers to express my differing views on CPF, on the value of citizenship, etc. On the political side, the PAP needed more heart and to connect better with our people, by walking and working ground-up.

George Yeo finally spoke up about the need to reform the PAP on the last day of GE2011. But it was too little, too late. In the GE2011 post-mortem, I spoke openly, frankly and critically. There was a willingness to change, and when the leadership asked, I felt it necessary to walk the talk and took up the challenge to rebuild the Aljunied ground.

With the former PAP Ministers and MPs of Aljunied retiring so soon after the GE2011, I knew it was no easy task. To rebuild the ground and to rebuild confidence, I had to commit 100%. So I quit my job as CEO of International Medical Insurers in 2012 to serve in Aljunied. I dug into my savings to support my family as I was unemployed with no pay. Given the bitterness on the ground, few wanted to come to Aljunied. At first, I walked alone. But slowly, with a small core group of never-say-die volunteers, we walked and connected with people.

With things more stable after 6 months, I decided to go back to work in banking and finance. But my seniority and age became a liability. Imagine having to write application letters to ask for a job - without success. So what if one had a scholarship or served in high places. In the private sector, it's like snakes and ladders. You hope, you try, and if the dice rolls unfavourably, you slip down the snake and start from the bottom.

It has been painful, but it is a matter of doing what we believe in - with sacrifices. I have come to terms with it. At least, it has helped me understand our people's challenges better - than if I had a job that I cannot lose or that I can simply cruise.

Faced with the difficult job situation, I decided to use my experience and develop health data analytics, which I pitched to healthcare firms in 2013. One of them was Parkway which owns the Mt Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals as well as the Shenton clinics. During my business pitches, my previous experience in turning around insurance businesses led to the suggestion that I could help turn the Shenton Insurance business to profit.

So, after 1.5 years of unemployment, I took on the job as CEO of Shenton Insurance in April 2014. How can one take leave when one is not even employed?

We managed to turn Shenton to profit within a year, and in 2016, completed the sale of Shenton Insurance for our shareholders to an overseas buyer. Shenton Insurance became FWD Singapore and they brought in their own CEO. So, painfully, I had to start all over again in 2016.

Instead of looking at my feet, I pursued my belief in Artificial Intelligence (data analytics). Today, after much effort, I am the Founder of an AI start-up called PIVOT Fintech - which will help people, especially those neglected by the big financial houses, to save for the long-term at low fees. The road ahead is still rocky, but at least it is a meaningful journey.

It has been many years of painful sacrifice being on the ground, but I take comfort that with God's guidance and blessings, I can empathise better when residents seek help. In fact, that's why I first volunteered in 1999 to help those who needed help.

There are elements who spin false stories to mislead and stir unhappiness. You can already see those in this thread who spew insults from their guts without reasoning – including those who carry or post such falsehoods online. I wish them well. I pray that people can be more discerning to see the truth, half-truths and the outright falsehoods. Thank you.

From Victor Lye's fb 20 June 2018

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes WP is petty but if the incident was reversed then splashed across headlines of every MSN with multimillionaire ministers weighing in to hammer WP. Long live PAP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Terry - the "paid leave" story is false. I was not employed from 2012 to 2014. What leave can anyone give me?

I first volunteered in 1999 to help in Mr George Yeo's constituency of Kembangan to help those affected by the Asian Financial Crisis. In 2001, George then inherited the enlarged Aljunied GRC. I did not join the PAP until I was told I had to - if I wanted to help in George's 2001 election campaign. Over the years, I did not agree with certain policies and felt uncomfortable with the direction of the PAP. I wrote a few policy papers to express my differing views on CPF, on the value of citizenship, etc. On the political side, the PAP needed more heart and to connect better with our people, by walking and working ground-up.

George Yeo finally spoke up about the need to reform the PAP on the last day of GE2011. But it was too little, too late. In the GE2011 post-mortem, I spoke openly, frankly and critically. There was a willingness to change, and when the leadership asked, I felt it necessary to walk the talk and took up the challenge to rebuild the Aljunied ground.

With the former PAP Ministers and MPs of Aljunied retiring so soon after the GE2011, I knew it was no easy task. To rebuild the ground and to rebuild confidence, I had to commit 100%. So I quit my job as CEO of International Medical Insurers in 2012 to serve in Aljunied. I dug into my savings to support my family as I was unemployed with no pay. Given the bitterness on the ground, few wanted to come to Aljunied. At first, I walked alone. But slowly, with a small core group of never-say-die volunteers, we walked and connected with people.

With things more stable after 6 months, I decided to go back to work in banking and finance. But my seniority and age became a liability. Imagine having to write application letters to ask for a job - without success. So what if one had a scholarship or served in high places. In the private sector, it's like snakes and ladders. You hope, you try, and if the dice rolls unfavourably, you slip down the snake and start from the bottom.

It has been painful, but it is a matter of doing what we believe in - with sacrifices. I have come to terms with it. At least, it has helped me understand our people's challenges better - than if I had a job that I cannot lose or that I can simply cruise.

Faced with the difficult job situation, I decided to use my experience and develop health data analytics, which I pitched to healthcare firms in 2013. One of them was Parkway which owns the Mt Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals as well as the Shenton clinics. During my business pitches, my previous experience in turning around insurance businesses led to the suggestion that I could help turn the Shenton Insurance business to profit.

So, after 1.5 years of unemployment, I took on the job as CEO of Shenton Insurance in April 2014. How can one take leave when one is not even employed?

We managed to turn Shenton to profit within a year, and in 2016, completed the sale of Shenton Insurance for our shareholders to an overseas buyer. Shenton Insurance became FWD Singapore and they brought in their own CEO. So, painfully, I had to start all over again in 2016.

Instead of looking at my feet, I pursued my belief in Artificial Intelligence (data analytics). Today, after much effort, I am the Founder of an AI start-up called PIVOT Fintech - which will help people, especially those neglected by the big financial houses, to save for the long-term at low fees. The road ahead is still rocky, but at least it is a meaningful journey.

It has been many years of painful sacrifice being on the ground, but I take comfort that with God's guidance and blessings, I can empathise better when residents seek help. In fact, that's why I first volunteered in 1999 to help those who needed help.

There are elements who spin false stories to mislead and stir unhappiness. You can already see those in this thread who spew insults from their guts without reasoning – including those who carry or post such falsehoods online. I wish them well. I pray that people can be more discerning to see the truth, half-truths and the outright falsehoods. Thank you.

From Victor Lye's fb 20 June 2018

Useless oppies in Singapore are just so bad at multi-tasking.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Teehee... my kakis and I can't wait to fuck this nincompoop over and again at the polls.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Victor Lye is a first class asshole :FU:. I hope he comes to this forum and read. He's a loser and will never be elected, especially now that he has become a controversial figure and a liability. If the pap knows what is good for them, they would jettison this fucker asap.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This is like your beautiful wife lying in bed with a slutty look gesturing you to go over and fuck her. Suddenly ginfreely the supreme slut strip naked and block your view.....
You make perfect sense! Now you have crystallised everything for us, and I hope all can see the magnitude of this horrible and despicable act. :biggrin: