• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Tharman threaten middle class: I need to raise taxes if you want welfare

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welfare is just getting back what we had already paid in taxes, fees, fares, fines and levies. It like retrieving a stolen item.

...If not taxes, how could a tiny red dot w/o natural resources or land for agri.. can have a reserve of ..i guess is appx 700 billions.....or is it Arab prince donations....LOL

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most opposition supporters don't have an ounce of common sense. They really think the government prints money like banana notes and that our government is spending only 1% of the tax revenues on public services and locking up the rest.

You want free hospital, free this, free that, it all must be paid by taxpayers. One reason why I hated working in Europe back then was because of the high taxes that I had to pay, especially I didn't get to use most many of the services the money went to. I always do my best to exercise and stay healthy, so why the fcuk should I be paying high taxes for free or cheap hospital bill? If I want that, I will buy health insurance, thank you very much.

I prefer Singapore's system of low direct income tax and a higher VAT or GST tax. As long as I keep my spending under control, I can pay less GST.