• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Spin - WP TC bankrupt

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The court had heard that AHPETC’s income from service and conservancy charges (S&CC) was insufficient for it to make the quarterly sinking fund transfers. If the town council had made the transfers as required, it would not have enough money, Ms Kam noted. “From that point of view, it would not be an overstatement to say that (AHPETC) is technically insolvent,” she said.

The MND has withheld the service and conservancy charges (S&CC) grants to AHPETC for financial years 2014 and 2015.

PAP withholds the money that the WP TC is entitled and is in their budget. Then it claims WP TC is insolvent!

At the end of the day, the PAP wants WP TC to raise S&CC rates to the level charged in the PAP constituency and to go after the arrears in the same harsh manner.

WP TC was running the constituency well until the PAP didn't like the positive comparison that was hurting the image of the PAP MPs. Thus the full scale assault.

WP TC was solvent until PAP withheld the funds due to them since 2014!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All WP need to do, is to start a crowdfunding....or pass the hat around in their constituencies....I bet you, they will collect more than enough money to keep the TC solvent...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You do realize that for vast majority of sinkies, who are retarded, they don't really care. They will only notice that their town council, run by WP, is bankrupt.

This retarded thinking cuts both ways. Many sinkies in Aljunied claim they don't care about WP overpaying their buddies and all that shit, as long as the neighbourhood is clean and the conservancy bills are low.

Now, PAP will make these Aljuniedian jerk-offs care! Their town council will have no money to do area cleaning.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised no residents in WP TC protest at MND...LOL!

Singaporeans so docile can take this kind of shits from the garmen!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

PAP takes tons of shit from sinkies too. PAP developed this country from a swampland to a metreopolis. But nearly 40% of the voters are ungrateful bastards! They actually had the gall to vote again PAP!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You do realize that for vast majority of sinkies, who are retarded, they don't really care. They will only notice that their town council, run by WP, is bankrupt.

That's why the PAP continues in power. That's why I advocate for the WP to go on the offensive and hit the PAP in everyway possible.

This retarded thinking cuts both ways. Many sinkies in Aljunied claim they don't care about WP overpaying their buddies and all that shit, as long as the neighbourhood is clean and the conservancy bills are low.

Now, PAP will make these Aljuniedian jerk-offs care! Their town council will have no money to do area cleaning.

And the WP should make political hay out of it!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP takes tons of shit from sinkies too. PAP developed this country from a swampland to a metreopolis. But nearly 40% of the voters are ungrateful bastards! They actually had the gall to vote again PAP!

PAP didn't do it ...any decent person could have done and probably better than the PAP. It is the natural progression of development.

The true test is governing a developed state. On this count, we can all see that the PAP are charlatans. They claim to have the best brains, thus deserving of the world's highest pay. Well, we don't get superlative results. In fact, we are trailing many developed countries whose government is paid 4-5 times lower than our charlatans.
PAP has giving us shit for the last 2 decades and is continuing to do so.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She (the DPP) added: “We say that unless these independent accountants are appointed, no serious steps will be taken to credibly review whether there has been any wrongful payment, breach of duty or unlawful conduct.”

So, the two PWC partners spent so many months digging and found nothing. Now, the PAP wants more time to do more digging at the WP TC's expense.

Based on the DPP's argument, the audit for the AGO is a waste of money then since they need more time to 'credibly review whether there has been any wrongful payment, breach of duty or unlawful conduct.' The AGO report says there were no wrongful payment or unlawful conduct but the DPP says we don't know, thus need the two expensive auditors to do more digging. So, who are we to believe???????

The report done by the two expensive PWC partners is no better than punsaichua then!

Aside, the MND should tell us why two auditors? And why select an auditor whose specialty is M&A?

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is really preposterous and underhanded. Even before the announcement of the next GE, the PAP is already launching an all-out attack on the WP. Dirty and despicable campaign by the government machinery to discredit the WP! Perhaps they expect to lose at the ballot box again.:rolleyes:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judge questions courts' role in appointment of accountants Print Share on facebookShare on twitter Share on email
Source
Straits Times
Date
05 May 2015
AuthorWalter Sim

JUSTICE Quentin Loh yesterday questioned the need for the courts to be involved in the appointment of independent accountants to the town council run by the Workers' Party.

The proposed accountants are partners of major accounting firm PwC, Mr Ong Chao Choon and Mr Chan Kheng Tek, who he said are experienced professionals who can make their own judgment call.

This was among the questions he raised to test the strength of the legal arguments made by the Ministry of National Development (MND) in its application for independent accountants to be appointed to the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC).

Responding, the MND argued that having the court act as an arbiter in the appointment will prevent an impasse should disagreements arise. Also, one of the conditions for the release of $14 million of grants to AHPETC was "payment controls", said the deputy chief counsel for litigation at the Attorney-General's Chambers, Ms Aurill Kam, who is arguing the case for the MND.

In its court application, the MND wants the independent accountants to co-sign payments above $20,000 taken from the grants, which must also be kept in a separate account.

Said Ms Kam: "A court-appointed officer to carry out that control is in the interest of all parties. If there are issues... there is an independent party - the court."

She cited a hypothetical example of an instance in which the accountant decides not to sign off on a specific payment, which both the defendant and MND might find unreasonable. "There is no way to resolve that implementation difficulty, and it also wouldn't be in the interests of the town council or residents."

As the independent accountants will be officers of the court, they will be empowered to compel AHPETC and its managing agent, FM Solutions and Services, to produce documents, so long as permission has been sought and granted by the judge. The judge may also ask for more information if the evidence provided is deemed insufficient, she said.

What if the accountants discover wrongdoing and suggest taking legal action, Justice Loh asked.

Ms Kam replied they may then "step in the shoes" of the town council to sue the relevant third parties who owe money, or who have received wrongful payments.

"This is an arrangement that works and ensures justice for all parties concerned," she added.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In its court application, the MND wants the independent accountants to co-sign payments above $20,000 taken from the grants, which must also be kept in a separate account.

Said Ms Kam: "A court-appointed officer to carry out that control is in the interest of all parties. If there are issues... there is an independent party - the court."

Let it be clear, the PAP wants the auditors in the WP TC to overrule the elected MPs. These sycophants will refuse to co-sign payments to force the WP TC to step up collection of arrears and to raise fees.

Now, unelected cronies of the PAP will call the shots in the WP TC.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let it be clear, the PAP wants the auditors in the WP TC to overrule the elected MPs. These sycophants will refuse to co-sign payments to force the WP TC to step up collection of arrears and to raise fees.

Now, unelected cronies of the PAP will call the shots in the WP TC.

The auditors are professionally trained to handle finance matters, not the WP MPs. Also, the auditors are there to ensure the elected MPs play by the rules and does proper documentation. I would like to suggest that the CCC, led by Victor Lye, be roped in to help the auditors ensure WP plays by the rules.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The auditors are professionally trained to handle finance matters, not the WP MPs. Also, the auditors are there to ensure the elected MPs play by the rules and does proper documentation. I would like to suggest that the CCC, led by Victor Lye, be roped in to help the auditors ensure WP plays by the rules.

I disagree with you on this.

Dont reduce my points.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I disagree with you on this.

Dont reduce my points.

I don't zap people for disagreeing with my views. I am not the opposition. I don't lose my temper or scold people in real life too, just because we don't share the same political views. I have met too many anti-PAP people who would not hesitate to hurl abuse at people who don't share their hatred for LKY or the good PAP government.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't zap people for disagreeing with my views. I am not the opposition. I don't lose my temper or scold people in real life too, just because we don't share the same political views. I have met too many anti-PAP people who would not hesitate to hurl abuse at people who don't share their hatred for LKY or the good PAP government.

Amos case is an good example how PAP supported behaved :wink:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are they auditors? Auditors are NOT trained to be financial controllers.

MPs were made responsible for the management of the town councils. Now, the appointment of expensive PAP cronies to supervised the elected MPs is a usurp of powers granted to the MPs by law. It is a backdoor attack on our democracy.

So, the PAP through these sycophants regained control of the GRC and SMC.

The WP MPs can no longer be held accountable by the people since their hands are tied by the PAP cronies.

The PAP couldn't nail the WP through the AG audit, so now it decides to usurp the MP power using the court. Who is responsible for the town council - the MPs or the court appointed auditors? If the MPs have no control over operations, how can it be held accountable?

WP should file a constitutional challenge on this.