• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP MPs and Office Holders' spoken english is Appalling!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good speaking ability is an essential skill of a good politician. Although it's not the only skill. You don't have to do a lot of negotiating and deal making if you're a newsreader. Hell, being a investigative journalist is a lot tougher than a newsreader... A newsreader just... reads. And looks pretty.

But what we've got here is a newsreader that looks ugly (but think she's pretty), talks like shit (but think her ang moh accent is cool).

man... give me a break...

OK man, you're given a break. :biggrin:

Some newsreaders can't make it.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phonetic linguistic skills my friend. This can be cultivated with dilligence and care.:wink:
Even I can type relatively well myself, but my dictation is really still not up to scratch. As it is, when I'm in Oz, I don't compare myself to fellow Asians; I compare my standards to the white angmohs over here instead, and I find myself still not up to their levels.