• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Likely To Investigate WP Town Council! Guess Which Oppie Will Join KH In Jail?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Corporate governance experts said it is likely the authorities will hold an investigation into the Workers' Party (WP) town council, following an auditor's report that said the town council had failed to ensure proper financial management.

The report, released by accounting firm PwC on Tuesday, found that circumstances surrounding the appointment of the town council's managing agent "may give rise to potential criminal offences under the Penal Code, including criminal breach of trust".

This comes seven months after the Aljunied-Hougang Town Council's (AHTC) independent auditor KPMG made a similar finding of possible criminal wrongdoing, after a review of the town council's past payments.

KPMG had said in its October report that AHTC town councillors may be liable for serious offences under the Penal Code, such as criminal breach of trust and abetment.

The reason is that as custodians of public funds entrusted to the town council, they have a fiduciary duty that entails "personal and collective responsibility''. If the improper payments had been made deliberately, "they could amount to criminal conduct", KPMG added.

Related Story
PwC report calls into question payments by WP town council

Both auditing firms did not look into criminal liability in their reports, but said the findings may warrant further investigation by the authorities into potential offences at AHTC, which was previously known as Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC).

Experts told The Straits Times the strong language used is highly unusual for accountants and auditors, and highlighted the gravity of the situation in the town council.

"Auditors don't use these words lightly. There must have been compelling evidence for them to bring up the issue of potential criminal breach of trust," said Singapore Management University accounting associate professor Themin Suwardy.

This was also the view of Nanyang Technological University accounting associate professor El'fred Boo, who said: "Accountants and auditors practise conservatism to a T. For PwC to make such a statement, the implications could be pretty grave for the town council."

PwC was brought in by the Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC) to review past payments made by then AHPETC in relation to Punggol East, which the WP held from 2013 to 2015.

The People's Action Party (PAP) won Punggol East in the 2015 General Election, and the single-seat constituency has since come under the management of PRPTC.

PwC's 94-page report called into question the propriety of all payments made under AHTC's former managing agent FM Solutions and Services (FMSS). These payments add up to about $23 million.

Meanwhile, KPMG was appointed by AHTC to look into its books following a court order.

PwC said the circumstances around the selection of FMSS as managing agent show it was done by design, with FMSS assured of the job two months before it was formally appointed. FMSS had started charging AHTC in June 2011, before existing managing agent CPG was discharged in August.

PwC also found that Punggol East could have saved another $500,000 had proper procedure been followed by the town council.

Prof Suwardy said improper financial practices alone do not amount to criminal breach of trust.

"The key word is 'intentional'," he said referring to how the actions resulting in the loss must have been taken intentionally. "You can be very dumb, and did something badly, but that does not equate to criminal breach of trust."

He added: "Given the significant findings... I cannot see why a criminal investigation would not take place."

Agreeing, Prof Boo said: "The next logical move would be a thorough investigation to establish criminal breach of trust and getting to the bottom of how much was actually lost that needs to be recovered from the relevant parties."

The Ministry of National Development said on Tuesday it will forward the PwC report to an independent panel appointed by AHTC in February to look into getting back the improper payments made.

Singapore Management University law don Eugene Tan said it will be a "long-drawn process which will involve a fair bit of resources".

"The ball is in the PRPTC's court now. It's clear they will pursue the matter vigorously to recover what rightfully belongs to the Punggol East residents," he added.

When asked, Punggol East MP Charles Chong said PRPTC is studying the report and seeking legal advice on the matter, but has not made a police report.

The WP said it was studying the report and did not respond to queries for further comment.

http://www.straitstimes.com/politics/investigations-into-ahtc-likely-say-observers

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PAP Likely To Investigate WP Town Council! Guess Which Oppie Will Join KH In Jail

$50million is 3 years, it's quite worth it.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PAP Likely To Investigate WP Town Council! Guess Which Oppie Will Join KH In Jail

PAP is Whiter than White. WP is now Bluer than Blue.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the a/cs of GIC and Temasek are opened up for audit,all the PAP gang sure go to jail.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have been threatening this for the last 3 years. Who they going to charge, Low, Sylvia, or half the committee.

People are fed up with this broken record. They should put up or shut up. They will probably play this record until the next GE to undermine the party.

What about charging the estate of the old man and recoup all the expenses incurred by the old man after he stepped down from the Cabinet and with no responsibilities, continued to occupy Istana, had the largest security teams and plus all the airfares. The amount will be multiples of what WP wasted. Imagine paying for a well trained SB staff to hold his waist from behind and in a stooped manner to avoid the cameras.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lee Kuan Yew should have married a chao ah qua. These bapoks live forever so they will not depart before him to cause him to decline physically and emotionally. Just look at this website. A classic talk cock sing song full of SAF woman animal faces shit. There is no escape when one just insist on showing his gaping arse. Lol

jw5

Loyal

Guess which is the biggest chao ah qua of them all. LOL................... LOL

attachment.php

jw5

Loyal

Surely not JohnTan...................................

LEE_soongone

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am against the PAP for the same reason I want PAP to hang WP, the reason is CORRUPTION.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guess which is the biggest chao ah qua of them all. LOL................... LOL

attachment.php

May I ask you, what are you trying to achieve, by continuing to post and re-post this photo, in several discussion threads.
Perhaps, the Administrator, Sam Leong, could consider remedies or possible steps to delete or avoid this continuing irrelevant matter.
Whether or not, any individual is gay, is irrelevant.
Thank you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

jw5 hates scroobal. I do not know the history between them. Curious. Maybe jw5 can do a recap?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

jw5 hates scroobal. I do not know the history between them. Curious. Maybe jw5 can do a recap?

Scroobal made one big "fucking" mistake. He screwed smelly duck liver over an opinion he posted not aware that the caq would want scroobal permanently as a pleasure giver. Caq tried to drag me into his quarrel by using one of my posts where I had criticized scroobal thinking I hold grudges permanently like him. Which by the way holds a ring of truth. I like to eat smelly duck liver for lunch and dinner now.

jw5

Loyal

Gossipy & Manipulative Yet Needy Faggot Mark Andrew Yeo uses the monikers scroobal and Debonerman, among many others. LOL................ LOL

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gossipy & Manipulative Yet Needy Faggot Mark Andrew Yeo uses the monikers scroobal and Debonerman, among many others. LOL................ LOL

Lol if only that is true. We are similar in our distaste for smelly duck liver behaviors.

jw5

Loyal

Lol if only that is true. We are similar in our distaste for smelly duck liver behaviors.

Chao ah qua Mark Andrew Yeo aka scroobal/Debonerman

You think people are as stupid as your wife? LOL........................ LOL

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Scroobal made one big "fucking" mistake. He screwed smelly duck liver over an opinion he posted not aware that the caq would want scroobal permanently as a pleasure giver. Caq tried to drag me into his quarrel by using one of my posts where I had criticized scroobal thinking I hold grudges permanently like him. Which by the way holds a ring of truth. I like to eat smelly duck liver for lunch and dinner now.

CAQ stands for Chief Ah-Qua? should it be CAG instead?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chao ah qua Mark Andrew Yeo aka scroobal/Debonerman

You think people are as stupid as your wife? LOL........................ LOL

Show us the authenticity of your claim of your knowledge about the "wife" you smelly duck liver. Lol....lol

jw5

Loyal

Show us the authenticity of your claim of your knowledge about the "wife" you smelly duck liver. Lol....lol

Chao Ah Gua Mark Yeo aka scroobal/Debonerman, there is no need to show anything because "nobody is on trial here". LOL................ LOL

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chao Ah Gua Mark Yeo aka scroobal/Debonerman, there is no need to show anything because "nobody is on trial here". LOL................ LOL

Oh so it's just cyber punching issit? Smelly duck liver? Lol