• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Govt getting the wrong idea and placing the wrong emphasis on Singaporeans

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(continue from title) to accomplish both producing more babies, and performing to help SG get good economic growth

Part I.

I have had it with what the pap is doing.

All their talk on productivity and economic growth , and then, turn around and say need more babies. To me, it is too contradicting to have both economic growth and and population growth to go hand in hand. One has to be relinquished, in order to obtain the other. Anyone knows that, but it seems pappies are selling a different product to the masses.

How can you obtain economic growth and better productivity? Well, IMHO, I would guess it to be on HARD WORK.. meaning, not just coming up with good ideas to improve work efficiency (not getting rid of more people and forcing the remaining few to take on more jobs, and working LONGER HOURS, that's utter rubbish), but work restructuring, and really finding the right person to not only do the job, but also to OWn the work and take the responsibility. That would mean that time has to taken up by, not only the employers, to find really good people, but also to really make sure that most, if not all, of the work process is not wasting time because of red-tape, or unnecessary steps.

The employees too, have to put in time and effort. And if you are working, you would know that this means putting in the hours into your job. You can't do things and learn, without making any mistakes. It is just not possible, for all human beings learn by making mistakes.. unlike the other species on Earth, which seems to know how to do things naturally. (won't go into details here to go off-tangent)

So, if pappies want economic growth, and aim for better productivity, in my mind, they are asking Sg ppl to put work before anything else, for it is hard to really juggle and balance both at the same time. You only have 24hours in a day, how much time can you allocate for work and family from Monday to Friday? (assuming you work 5 days a week)

If one has to work OT, then the time spent with family will definitely become lesser, it's elementary and all of us knows this.

And yet, the pappies are using money, of all things, to "lure" ppl to have more babies. Bear in mind that the incentives, to me, would only be a ONE-TIME off thing. How long can a baby bonus help you through raising a child, from baby to adulthood? It's just not economical, and this is echoed by alot of Sg ppl, whether single or in a relationship.

And the worst thing to me, is that there are no laws to guarantee that the working mother, is safe from discrimination at work. I have heard from a married colleague, that during interviews, she would be asked, "are you going to have kids soon?", "do you plan to have kids any time soon?", "what would you if you are pregnant?", to.. the most intrusive and most discriminating of all, "Are you pregnant?"

I don't know if all she says are true, but she seemed to speak from her heart, with her eyes going red at times.

So, are the businesses really responding to the govt's call for Singaporeans to have more babies? If so, why are such invasive, personal and discriminating questions being asked of a woman, during a job interview?

It is in my most brutally honest opinion, that if no anti-discrimination laws are put into effect, to really guarantee employees (all employees.. not just the lower, but also include PMEs) of fair practices in work places, then businesses will not only continue to discriminate, say "ok" to govt, but do things entirely different.

I end here, as I still have lots to write.. I need to get it off my chest.. cos someone stupid foreigner said, "Sg ppl should listen to the govt. Without the govt, they would not enjoy so much progress in SG."

I don't disagree that pappies did some good in the past.. but to place all the success onto them, is really cutting out the efforts of the people, who put in their blood and sweat, to make things work. Without the ppl, no govt can do anything on it's own. And the HLP rally is actually telling the govt that "we don't see the white paper as the right course for SG to take, and we want you to listen to us very carefully"

Last edited:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Part II

From I don't know when, pappies have, imho, seemed to be "kowtowing" to the businesses in SG.

And to me, almost every time the business speaks up, the govt has been quick to respond. And this has happened in role reversals too.

Make no mistake, businesses exist to make profits. If they are not making profits, they will eventually close down.

Business owners would love nothing else but to have their operating costs lowered to the bare minimum.. or even best is, no costs to run a business at all. And since employee's salaries are part of operating costs, it is no wonder that business owners would rather have cheap employees working for them. Of course, they want good and talented people in their employment.. but not all businesses needs talents.. why would a cleaning company or a delivery company need someone who is so smart as a uni grad to work for them?

Unless of course they are deciding to expand and make their business bigger. Then, you need ppl who have vision, ideas, and are able to translate these into proper communication to others in the company and orgnization.

SG ppl are not unwelcome of foreigners who come in to invest big money to set up businesses, or to take up roles that SG ppl might not want (eg cleaners or construction.. for the moment anyways), or positions where experience and knowledge are just not there for any SG person to fill.

If a cleaning company was employing 70% foreigners as cleaners, and is lamenting that the govt is making their lives difficult, but cannot think of ways to cut costs and make their business viable without foreigners, then it is really time for them to close down and move on.

With technology improving almost every day, it would be strange for anyone to see so much cleaners being employed.. so many foreigners or even the elderly, doing such "hard" labour. We now have vacuum cleaners, electronic cleaning machines, electronic waxing machines, and so on. These will actually make work more efficient, and also allow the cleaning company to employ less ppl to save costs.

However, training MIGHT be involved, and buying the equipment is also a choice, for I have not heard of any renting of cleanning equipment yet.(if anyone knows, pls post here so that I know too, ty)

Herein, lies what I believe, to be the laze business owners, and also an el cheapo mentality.

Compared to hiring more cheap foreigners to do the job, getting cleaning equipment might be more costly, but overall, the company won't be so severely dependent on changes in policies when it comes to foreigners being allowed to work here. And, since not all foreigners may have a good grasp of the English language, the company could employ more SG ppl, who level of English may well be enough to understand the manuals of the equipment, and also when at training by the equipment instructors.

But sadly, I feel that most businesses have taken the short-cut, and because the living costs in SG is really high, and even rising as days goes by, it is not surprising that cheap foreign workers are still in HOT DEMAND.

Look at the way the ASME is calling the WP's paper on population "unworkable". They fear their short-cut to continue to reap profits to be jeopardised, and so are up in arms.. trying to tell the SG ppl, that they will close down and move out.

But, can they really ALL move out of SG? Will they ALL close down?

To be honest, I don't believe that moving out of SG is going to save them money. It't not cheap to set up business in other countries anymore, not like 20 years back. Yes, the SG dollar is still strong.. but the other countries have changed.. improved.. and their ppl have also gotten smarter too.

Don't talk about other country's govt giving you incentives.. cos if you think they WON'T scrutinize anyone who wants to set up business, and welcome ALL.. then you must be still living in the 1970-1980s.

If a cleaning company wants to set up business in, let's say, Msia. It would have to compete with other cleaning companies that have already been there for a possible length of time. It would have to recruit ppl, find a suitable location for an office, maybe apply for licence to operate, get phone, phonelines, office stationery, offie equipment.. the list can go on.. to even advertisements to tell the ppl there, that they are openning shop there.

If you think this will be cheap.. you could be in for a surprise. Not every country will be like SG, where corrupt practices are only heard of in the news when ppl are caught. You may have to pay your way to even get a licence to operate in other countries..

All in all, pappy govt is really backing the wrong group of ppl now.. cos by backing a group who is only out for MONEY, as in profits, they are in fact, sacrificing SG ppl's time. Isn't it the truth, when ppl say that you exchange your time for money when you work for someone?

So, SG ppl work for these business owners and businesses, their time to set up families, have children.. and even have a good quality of life.. is exchanged for money. But now.. pappy is tell them, "make more babies", while not relenting on the need for SG to continue to have good ecnomomic growth.. doesn't that sound so ridiculous?

Will continue wif a post on why Foreigners can seem to do more work and accept more tasks given to them

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With GST, CPF & INCOME TAX all they need is huge populations.
They won't bother that locals can't find job or survive or get into UNI

You know why ? Because they don't see beggars in the streets, they don't see people steal & fight for food to survive in the streets.
But they didn't know all these are already happening indirectly because all those jobless & penniless are supported by their family & relatives.

We have to get loans from banks or sell our house to send kids to overseas UNI while they funds FT to our UNI with our tax money. Then after we do 2.5years of NS, Employers go for the cheaper FTs ...
Plus all the recents AiM & Corruption cases ... they now even challenges the people to 6.9 regardless of the strong opposing.

They've woken the people. Riots won't happen here as we're not stupid it will destroy what we've built.

BUT .......... they'll get a huge surprise like PE By-Election

92.jpg

I AM a second-year student at a university here. I am also what many would call "foreign talent" - someone "who steals university places from your relatives and friends, and studies at the expense of your parents' tax money". - Abhinav Mishra http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-...oreans-20130223

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has been some time since I posted in this thread.

I will continue on why the PAP govt has created such a big lot of Singaporeans that are woefully dependent on the Govt for almost every measure of their lives... that they are lost when things go wrong... and all they want to do.. is to blame the govt.

But first.. I must say that the govt.. the ministers themselves.. imho, dun do anything to make the average Singaporean.. or the image of Singaporeans anywhere in the world.. any better.

MPs and ministers seem to slam Singaporeans at almost every turn. If any US President, or anyone in politics tried that in America.. well.. the individual's political career can be expected to be shortened.. almost immediately.. even if an apology is given.

But here.. in SG.. it seems that Singaporeans are being slammed on.. even by it's own government. We are told that we "should not" be "xenophobic", we should not be "too demanding in seeking jobs", we should "help foreigners integrate". All these does not paint the average Singaporeans in any good light. No.. it just gets the local media going to stomp on the locals even more.

When has there been any good news about Singaporean's good behaviour? Or good contributions, good productivity?

All I see, hear and read.. are all NEGATIVE news about the "unproductive", "uncultured", "uncouth" of Singaporeans. But are all Singaporeans really so?

I always read and hear on the news that EMPLOYERS saying "Singaporeans are choosy and demanding when seeking jobs", "Singaporeans want more pay and less work"... etc etc. But where are the reports from the employees or job seekers? Do we hear alot of reports on unfair recruiting practices? Discrimination is evident.. but reports and news are rarely heard or read about.

Until lately.. when the supervisor who hammered a young employee.. and then slapped the poor fella, was put up on Youtube (but was later taken down.. only to be returned as Yahoo got the vid and posted it on their site).. I don't think we heard alot.. or any such things at all!

Is whistle-blowing a bad thing? If it exposes the bad, corrupt, discrimination.. then I feel it is not. But if the action is intended to embarrass or shame anyone.. then I reserve my comments until I understand what the situation is all about. That is my right... the right to seek clarification.. to find out the truth, if possible.. and to make my own judgement on what I think is correct, good, or fair.

With current news.. the new licensing and all.. we are told.. .that someone else will DECIDE.. what is good and right for use to read, listen, and watch. I feel that our basic right, if you are above 21 then you should get even more furious.. has been stripped from us. Making us feel like children again.

So.. MPs don't say alot of good things about us.. local and foreign press takes swipes at us.. we even gripe about the bad apples amongst us. This division is really sickening. And to think that we have a pledge that begins as ".. pledge ourselves as one UNITED people..."

But the people in the government even says we don't seem to help foreigners integrate.. and we are xenophobic.. if the ppl that the majority of us citizens voted into the govt.. to help us run this country, don't even see us in a good light.. how can the rest of the world?

No wonder foreigners feel so GREAT. They know SG govt WANTS THEM. And eventually, they will demand that their existence is crucial to our survival.. SG's survival. But is that true?

It may be true that no country can truly do away with foreign labour. But.. there is no substantial proof to show that no country can survive without foreign labour. Unless the ppl we voted for understands that, it is the citizens who put them there to care for the country.. and not foreigners.. we should really think of changing those who are drawing big big sums of money a month.. driving cars, or are driven to work by others.. and not face the croweded mrt trains and buses .. and also not face the crunch at seeking jobs as their positions are quite safe from foreign "invasion".

next.. I will really write on why foreigners who comehere.. or who go anywhwere.. seem to work harder.. and will even take lesser pay to get that job.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreign workers.. by and large.. in almost any country.. are seen as both "willing to work for less (pay, benefits.. etc)", "willing to slog long hours".. and sometimes considered to be "lazy", "rude", "uncultured" (as compared to the locals), "noisy", "dirty" (this.. might mean anything from hygiene to morals)

I am not against foreign workers. In most cases, they fill the positions that most ppl shun.. eg cleaners, dishwashers, garbage disposal.. usually hard manual labour.. usually.

But in Singapore.. and also in certain countries where employment laws and fair hiring practices are not in place.. or not adhered to (in SG. it is advised by the govt. , I don't really see any company get severely punished.. nor have I heard of any company being publicly named as a serious violator on employee rights and fair employment practices.. and therefore, can't understand why it is always the case that employees, or job seekers, that are always the ones who get "bad news coverage".

But, my thoughts here are on foreign workers.. so I will continue...

Imagine, if you can, that you are a foreign worker.. going to another country to carve out a living for yourself.. and hopefully to send money back home.. or to save enough to allow you to either stay in that country comfortably.. or to return home better off than what you were.

You land in a unfamiliar place (most times), and find work (if work hasn't already been offered to you).. and when you begin to work.. you might find yourself, either the minority.. or a certain majority, in the workplace. But no matter what, you are in a different land, where most things are both new and unfamiliar. Would you spend alot of time going out every night after work? Or would you agree to work for longer hours, so as to earn more?

If you stop work at the specified time for a normal day's work, what would you do after that? Go home or out for dinner? Most probably. Maybe go around the workplace to shop for CHEAP necessities. You are in a foreign land.. saving on expenses can go a long way.

So, if what time you have left after work.. is spent on find or preparing dinner.. why not work for more money? You are in a foreign land.. with probably no immddiate family, relatives, or even friends. What leisure activities can you afford, besides goind back to your place of stay to either watch tv.. if you have one at that place.. or go online (if you have a pc or laptop), or use your mobile or use the phone to make calls.

To sum it up, your free time is wasted if you don't use it to earm more money. This should be the main reason why you wanted to travel away from your home in the first place. Not just to find a job.. but to earn money.

So, when some SG locals here tell me foreign workers are more hardworking, I tell them one thing, "what else can they do in their free or spare time?" Don't talk about the females.. they might do some "freelancing" if they can bring themselves to it. Their male counterparts may not fit the "gigolo" standards that patrons here seek.. so that might be hard for them to do.

But honestly.. what else can they do here besides putting in their whole mind and body.. to work for MORE money? Yes, on the rest days, (usually the weekends), they have more time to go exploring the place.. but if they feel that travelling expenses are too high to do every weekend.. guess what? They won't continue to do it often. Why do you think they go to local shopping malls instead of going to Orchard road? I don't see alot of ah tiongs in Orchard. They might go Geylang.. or their local neighbourhood shopping malls for aircon.. but travel all the way to Orchard? For even more expensive food and drinks then what they have in their local coffeeshops or even hawker centres?

Don't be ridiculous!! They stay in one big group.. whether in rented apartments, or in hostels or work provided accomodations. They would most likely cook at home than go out.. as they can save more.. and eat their own preferred styled dishes.

Thins have changed a little.. now that too much public outcry over foreigners taking jobs that locals WANT, instead of what they don't want.. so much so that foreigne workers are also wising up. Those that have jobs, would work even harder to keep their jobs.. as the exchange rates makes it so much more lucurative to continue to stay employed here.

For the locals.. who have both families and friends here.. it's a whole different story. Singles who are seeking life partners find it hard to go out to "mingle" or "search" because of the pressure to stay at work longer. Some say bosses will make remarks if they leave early.. others say that "seeing foreign workers stay on later" has forced them to follow suit.. for "fear of being thought as lazy".

For married individuals.. it is no different. Besides work, you have to maintain your family.. managing a relationship is not just seeing your life partner a few hours a day.. eating meals together.. and sleeping together. You need communication... and after work.. you might not even have the energy to do any of the above.. especially when you HAVE to stay behind 3-4 hours more after normal office hours.

If you have children.. you re hard-pressed to divide your time between your work, your partner, and each of your children.

Most foreign workers who come here.. and not married.. don't have these issues. If they are married.. their spouse and children may not be with them here.. allowing them peace of mind to slog away at their workplace. They work, go back.. eat and then sleep. It is not too much of a hassle for them.. their only worry could be; getting paid on time.. and sending back money to their family at their home country.. and also having enought for themselves to keep them going here.

Honestly.. if you see the above.. who has more stress and worries? The foreign workers?

They have no reason not to grit their teeth and just focus on working to earn money, while the locals have other things to think, consider and worry about. Enough said.. don't compare anymore.. there is no basis for comparison once you realize that foreign workers are in a better position to work almost 18 hours a day to earn the money.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vote all those PAP maggots out in 2016
Cleanse Singapore of the filth and poison brought in by smear of shit on sole of shoe Lee Kuan Yew

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Du

No surprises la.. SG ppl haf been under pappy for too long.. only few can start to think and question.. the rest.. still go on "playing" the pappy's games.. continue to buy HDB and stay in debt for the rest of their lives.. believe in all things of CPF.. until they kena hospitalised and then find out not all can be used from Medisave.. and got to get extra insurance to cover medical needs..

The worst thing is that those who got "help" from the pappies to start up biz and get contracts and other biz from pappys.. will forever noe that using foreign labour is de best for them. Y spend so much on SG ppl when can get cheap foreigners?

Like u say lor.. this kind of short-cut hor.. is ingrained until SMEs can dare to "threaten" to close shop and move out of SG wor.

but... they got surprise la.. when ppl on the street can tell them to F-off.., saying "u so tokkong den go lor.. who nid u when all u hire is ah tiong, ah neh and pinoys?".. my tots hor.. is.. "u think so cheap to go overseas to setup shop now ah? So easy ah?"

Well.. no news of any SMEs closing and move out hor? Cos the ppl upz their middle finger at these blood-suckers ma!!

And now govt lan lan.. haf to come up wif something.. or else if ppl still angry like dis till 2016.. at least 50% of SGs hor.. might vote oppo.

The rest.. still cling on to hope la.. hope that pappy can wake up. But.. pappy so friggin rich... y sud they wake up? They can take their money hor.. and zhao to another country ler.

Dam stoopid de la.. employers who wan cheap labour, kan SG ppl for demanding mre pay.. but living expenses keep going up.. how to survive wif pay of 10 yrs ago? but hor.. heard foreigners olso not stoopid now. they olso wan upz pay liao.. cos here is like not gud place to be anymore.

Heard from a pinoy.. go to vietnam or Myanmar can be trainer and earn better.. live better.. duno whether true or not. One pinoy even tell me.. go back pinoyland can be hired by US firm to do call centre back at home... and earn almost same as in SG.

jialat liao la.. we in SG hire so many pinoy hor.. until US n others think that pinoy can handle it.. and now US go to pinoyland to hire them directly.. must be farking cheaper den in SG.. but still better den local pinoy pay.. SG companies and MNCs here who hire pinoy hor.. like validated their skills and abilities liao.. JIALAT LIAO.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jo bitch ask why stinkees angry, and people think she correct. Stinkees deserved to be fucked! And now I think ac is right . Only smelly stinkees ask why others are smelly when stinkees stinks to 9th heaven .

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much to read....headache already.

Whatever happened to multitasking? Are you saying that bonking and working is not possible ?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With GST, CPF & INCOME TAX all they need is huge populations.
They won't bother that locals can't find job or survive or get into UNI

You know why ?

Stinkies with no fucking balls send a clear message acrose

SMRT and other PAP corrupt bodies can do about any fuck thing that they like to squeeze and screw stinkies of more and more money and to fuck them as they like

The lack of interest of stinkies to turn up for the protest organised in HL park send clear messages to PAP bastards that they can do any fuck thing that they care to do and stinkies will remain head down down and arseholes up high high to be screwed and fucked by them.

Sinkies did not turn up by the hundreds or even by tens of thousands to overturn police cars and to burn the police cars.

Who will want to stand out and fight for stinkies when the fucking stinkies got no fucking balls and want to remain head down down and arseholes up high high to be fucked by PAP

Stinkies get what they fucking deserved
money being screwed from them and FTs coming in to kick them out of jobs and to laugh at them
Stinkies get what they fucking deserved.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again, it has been some time since I posted.. and I have some things to vent.. again..

All this talk and push for "productivity".. is it really necessary? That was the question I had when I watched the news on Channel 8 one day.. for the newscaster actually commented that the govt's push for productivity is still on.. and to be productive.. you will have to rely less on manpower..(??)

What the bloody hell is wrong with that!! In past few years when we already know of more and more middle-aged Singaporeans, executives and professionals, who are being laid-off by companies.. and taken over by cheap labour.. and they dare to continue with this ridiculous push for PRODUCTIVITY.. which is a push for companies and employers to cut more manpower??!!!

What the hell is wrong with the whole bloddy process?!!

In my mind, I think it has reached a point where the push for this so-called "productivity" is not going to help as it is unsustainable in the long-run. Can you imagine a company run by a skeleton crew of employees who have to juggle 3 different job responsibilities, just because of this call for productivity?

I think a lot of companies take this call from the govt to actually downsize their employee numbers.. and force current staff to take on more jobs and responsibilities without increasing their wages to a fair level that is equal to the amount of work and responsibilities the employees are doing.

How many people likes to leave voice messages and continue on the phone, listening to recorded messages for further instructions, rather than speaking with a REAL PERSON who can think logically (most of the time) and can reason (also most of the time) and use a personal touch (yes.. a third most of the time.. because here in Singapore service standards fluctuate very frequently)?

I never like to go through the voice prompted commands, preferring to speak with a person that can listen to my case.. which may not be listed on the menu on the recorded system. And you need people to listen to calls.. how long was the wait for your last call to any company?

The fact is, companies want cheap labour so as to maximise profits.. not a wrong thing.. but if they try to block off Singaporeans and hire only the cheap foreigners (actually not all are cheap now) or for any other reasons, then fair employment is in doubt.

The government must see to it that Singaporeans actually come first.. like in all developed nations.. where their citizens come before all foreigners. It is nothing wrong to put your citizens first.. for aren't they the ones who voted to put current government in place to take charge of the nation?

And yet, the current government deems it fit to chastize and even brand it's own citizens with names like "xenophobic" and even denying the truth of lesser and lesser Singaporean professionals/executives in companies here.. (recent news actually showed pappies admitting that more than 50 companies have less than desirable Singaporean executives and professionals.. but no names were given).. what kind of government does that and thinks that nobody will remember or will be unhappy over being told off for something that IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING?@@

Employers here must be put in check with laws that DEMAND fair employment opportunities for all Singaporeans.. and perhaps a anti-discrimination law that protects all. Otherwise, more and more vicious employers will resort to underhanded and dirty tactics to deprive fair employment to Singaporeans.. and also make it almost impossible to get a decent job here in this tiny red dot on the world map.

Our well-paid ministers have not performed up to the level of the pay ther are getting.. and this is MY VERY OWN OPINION. Should anyone else agree with me, just spread the word to your loved ones, relatives and friends to ponder one thing:

"Why continue to support a government that brings in foreigners and make this island overcrowded.. and why do they never really admit to mistakes.. never really solve problems.. but just talk and talk.. and even talk down to the voters/citizens instead of explaining to them.. why they push through bills and policies without even getting the actual approval of the citizens/voters.. as if the small group of ministers can never make a mistake and take it for granted that the citizens and voters opinions do not matter?"

Don't just think that by keeping silent, that you are safe.. in actual fact.. by keeping silent, you are allowing this stupid thing to continue. No one says you cannot talk about it.. cos it is just talk.. and it is not about a rebellion or a terrorist attack or slander or something that is very untrue.. IT IS TRUE.. and nobody can deny it.

time to rest.. for my chest feels less heavy now.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore - the country with the most miserable people on Earth

Even the BBC said so.
All because singaporeans have no balls and voted and voted and voted to be fucked and tiewed and screwed and raped by
smear of shit on sole of shoe and his gang of self serving bastards in PAP aided by their fucking collaborators

Viewpoint: Does Singapore deserve its 'miserable' tag?
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26546169

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Productivity is not that easy. There must be motivation. Looking at the insane cost of living and the stagnant pay and our scum in white mocking the peasants, do you think Singaporeans will be very motivated? Less manpower is not wrong, but our cheapskate bosses are hopeless. Look at manufacturing. We are still using manual labour! Does this look progressive to you? We are not china, or Vietnam or India. We cannot afford to use their strategies here, where operation costs are exorbitant. We are at least 10 years behind any first world country. It will take an extremely ignorant fool to say otherwise