• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Defamed By UN Humans Rights Counsel Over Hanging Of Narcs! Bayi Lawyer Activated!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
supreme_court_file_photo_sep_23_2022_1.jpg

SINGAPORE: A recent statement by the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights on Singapore's death penalty for drug offences "glossed over the serious harms that drugs cause", said the country's Permanent Mission to the United Nations on Friday (Apr 28).

"This is regrettable," said the mission, adding that countries have the sovereign right to choose the approach that best suits their own circumstances.

The UN statement from the spokesperson for the High Commissioner for Human Rights was published on Apr 25, a day before death row convict Tangaraju Suppiah was set to be hanged for trafficking cannabis.

The statement urged the government to "urgently reconsider" the execution and expressed "concerns around due process and respect for fair trial guarantees".

Singapore said on Friday that people who are sentenced to capital punishment here are accorded full due process under the law.

Tangaraju was tried in the High Court and convicted of abetting the trafficking of about 1kg of cannabis before being sentenced to capital punishment. His appeal against his conviction and sentence was later dismissed by the Court of Appeal.

"Throughout the process, Tangaraju had access to legal counsel," said Singapore's Permanent Mission to the UN.

Singapore’s law provides for the death penalty if the amount of cannabis trafficked is more than 500g. Tangaraju, a Singaporean, had his capital sentence carried out on Wednesday morning.

The UN spokesperson said in the Apr 25 statement that the death penalty is ineffective as a deterrent.

"The death penalty is still being used in a small number of countries, largely because of the myth that it deters crime," said the spokesperson, Ravina Shamdasani.

"We call on the Singapore government to adopt a formal moratorium on executions for drug-related offences and to ensure the right to a fair trial for all defendants in line with its international obligations," she added.

In response, Singapore said that capital punishment has proven to be a strong deterrent against serious crimes in the country.

It cited the introduction of the death penalty for kidnapping in 1961. The average number of kidnapping cases fell from 29 per year between 1958 and 1960 to two or fewer cases annually in all but two years since 1961.

Capital punishment was also introduced for firearms offences in 1973. A similar decline in the number of such offences immediately followed this move. "Today, firearms offences are very rare in Singapore," said the mission.

It added that when it comes to drug trafficking, the death penalty has also had a strong deterrent effect.

“When mandatory capital punishment was introduced in 1990 for the trafficking of opium, the average net weight of opium trafficked into Singapore in the four-year period that followed fell drastically by 66 per cent from the four-year period that had preceded its introduction," said the mission.

It also cited a study conducted by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) in 2018 which found a very high level of awareness of capital punishment among convicted drug traffickers, influencing their drug trafficking behaviour.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...ath-penalty-un-human-rights-statement-3452331

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not happy impose sanctions lah!

Anyway the UN Human Rights Council is a joke, I believe CHINA is a member country. :roflmao:

Nothing good ever comes out of the UN: UNHCR, IPCC, CEDAW etc. Globalist trash.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me sympathize with Tangaraju Suppiah's family, but my sympathy stops short for them when I take into account of the other victims - those whom had been influenced, became drug addicts & caused harm to themselves & others that drug trafficker Tangaraju Suppiah had supplied. He was given the opportunity to live, with the Prosecutor's offer to seek for 15yrs jail instead, but he CHOSE not to accept the offer, & as such, gave time for the Prosecutor & justice to DIG even further to his drug trafficking involvement, & thus with evidences, he is history.

I would like to share a 1st hand personal experience with psychoactive drugs & the harm it does to a Human.

It was during my military training. I had to complete a 'training' mission, which involved moving quickly thru a thick forest on a moonless night. It was dark & I tripped over a tree root, but picked myself up along with my heavy backpack & weapons, managed to complete the mission on time even with my ankle hurting badly, hopping, skipping, running. At the forward base, my ankle swelled & I was feverish, & was evacuated to the hospital where x-rays were taken, discovered I had a spiral cracked ankle bone & was immediately operated on.

I was anesthetized & operated upon with metal plates surgically attached to the ankle bone. After the operation, I woke up feeling woozy, could see 3 dimensional shapes floating in the air, did not feel any pain, but after a few minutes, the med MORPHINE that I was given to take away the pain, wore off. I could feel a deep & sharp pain beyond belief on the operated & sewed up ankle.

I screamed & shouted at the nurse who was seated at the end of the ward, to give me what that had kept the pain away. The experienced nurse did not even bother to look up. I was filled with pain, rage & anger beyond my mental ability to control, an emotional place I had never experience in my life before. I wanted to get out of the bed & smash my fists upon the nurse, beat her to pulp if necessary, to make her give me the drug to take away the pain.

Fortunately, my leg was in a cast & could hardly move despite my best efforts. From screams & shouts of rage, it turned into cries & tears, as I begged the nurse to attend to me, but to no avail. Over time, with trained mental discipline, I got over the pain, & recuperated without any further use of drugs. Within 3mths, my ankle healed, took an IPPT test performing below 8mins for the 2.4km run.

It was only a few hours of psychoactive drug experience, but it took me to emotional places where I had never gone before, beyond mental discipline & control, reverting back to a mental barbaric state of mind. Imagine the pain, dependency & the suffering to oneself & to loved ones of those whom took psychoactive drugs on a regular basis....

Beria

Alfrescian
Loyal
The insignificant nobody me sympathize with Tangaraju Suppiah's family, but my sympathy stops short for them when I take into account of the other victims - those whom had been influenced, became drug addicts & caused harm to themselves & others that drug trafficker Tangaraju Suppiah had supplied. He was given the opportunity to live, with the Prosecutor's offer to seek for 15yrs jail instead, but he CHOSE not to accept the offer, & as such, gave time for the Prosecutor & justice to DIG even further to his drug trafficking involvement, & thus with evidences, he is history.

I would like to share a 1st hand personal experience with psychoactive drugs & the harm it does to a Human.

It was during my military training. I had to complete a 'training' mission, which involved moving quickly thru a thick forest on a moonless night. It was dark & I tripped over a tree root, but picked myself up along with my heavy backpack & weapons, managed to complete the mission on time even with my ankle hurting badly, hopping, skipping, running. At the forward base, my ankle swelled & I was feverish, & was evacuated to the hospital where x-rays were taken, discovered I had a spiral cracked ankle bone & was immediately operated on.

I was anesthetized & operated upon with metal plates surgically attached to the ankle bone. After the operation, I woke up feeling woozy, could see 3 dimensional shapes floating in the air, did not feel any pain, but after a few minutes, the med MORPHINE that I was given to take away the pain, wore off. I could feel a deep & sharp pain beyond belief on the operated & sewed up ankle.

I screamed & shouted at the nurse who was seated at the end of the ward, to give me what that had kept the pain away. The experienced nurse did not even bother to look up. I was filled with pain, rage & anger beyond my mental ability to control, an emotional place I had never experience in my life before. I wanted to get out of the bed & smash my fists upon the nurse, beat her to pulp if necessary, to make her give me the drug to take away the pain.

Fortunately, my leg was in a cast & could hardly move despite my best efforts. From screams & shouts of rage, it turned into cries & tears, as I begged the nurse to attend to me, but to no avail. Over time, with trained mental discipline, I got over the pain, & recuperated without any further use of drugs. Within 3mths, my ankle healed, took an IPPT test performing below 8mins for the 2.4km run.

It was only a few hours of psychoactive drug experience, but it took me to emotional places where I had never gone before, beyond mental discipline & control, reverting back to a mental barbaric state of mind. Imagine the pain, dependency & the suffering to oneself & to loved ones of those whom took psychoactive drugs on a regular basis....
Ermm he was hanged for weed. I smoke weed regularly and there is surprisingly little to no negative effects on my wellbeing/cognitive health. It wouldn't be proper to compare your experience with morphine (which is a more potent and addictive drug) with marijuana use. Even if the 1000 grams of marijuana were to have entered Singapore unchecked, the impact on the community would have been more or less minimal.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ermm he was hanged for weed. I smoke weed regularly and there is surprisingly little to no negative effects on my wellbeing/cognitive health. It wouldn't be proper to compare your experience with morphine (which is a more potent and addictive drug) with marijuana use. Even if the 1000 grams of marijuana were to have entered Singapore unchecked, the impact on the community would have been more or less minimal.

Weed had been proven scientifically to be a psychoactive drug. As long as one has the funds for prolong use of such drugs, being psychoactive, the dopamine effects produced by it will keep the mental state in equilibrium, & the dependency builds up. The moment either funds or the drug is not readily available, the mental equilibrium will be upset, & dangerous psychotic effects will be evident.

The Human mind produces its own dopamine in limited quantities, sufficient to make one feel good, & have no need for any outside source, more worse from dangerous addictive psychotic drugs. Once hooked, as dependency builds up to relieve oneself of mental weakness, it will only eventually lead one to seek even more potent & hard drugs as time goes by.

Each has free will, thus may each choose wisely..

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
UN would be wiser to question why the drug Lords are not hanged but the lowlife runners.

The question will have PAP squirming because the answer will put a light to their culpability.

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
Death penalty will only be removed if Shan-ge does something and gets caught and faces the death penalty

Like if he kidnaps fook me hard after she no longer wants his black mamba and someone puts 2kg of drugs in his bag

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why never use POFMA, FICA , and sue the following individuals for defamatiom until pants drop- Morris Tidball-Binz, Priya Gopalan, Matthew Gillett, Ganna Yudkivska , Miriam Estrada-Castillo, Mumba Malila, Margaret Satterthw,Fernand de Varennes, and Olivier de Schutte.
The above 9 individuals should be declared persona non grata and banned from entering Singapore permanently.

orh mee suah

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the DPPs had indeed offered a plea bargain before the trial, wouldn't it indicate that the offence which Tangaraju had committed was not a capital crime.?
Yet he was sent to the gallows after he claimed trial and was found guilty.
Marijuana is not as addictive when compared with tobacco products and it has some medicinal uses.
It should not be considered as equally dangerous as heroin.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many users of psychoactive drugs would often compare their substance abuse to that of alcohol or tobacco. However the realities are - alcohol will harm the liver, & tobacco will harm the lungs. Eventually, over time, when the liver or the lungs fail, they will die an immediate death, or at worse, a short lingering expiration date, BUT with still their mental ( cognitive ) abilities functioning well.

HOWEVER, for those whom uses psychoactive drugs, such will harm the brain-the most critical element of life. After prolong use, due to dependencies on such drugs to alleviate mental weakness, the mental focus will be on the continued use ABOVE all other matters of living - job, career, personal well-being, loved ones, etc, eventually leading to chemically induced brain damage. Once the brain/cognitive functions are impaired, it will be a lingering death for years if not one's lifetime, to the likes of a zombie or vegetable, unaware of realities....

Just stare out of the window, & one will see kids at primary schools or playgrounds, screaming with fun & joy, with innocence & naivety. Fast forward 20 yrs later, all of them will gain adulthood & mature, but some will fall on the wayside, without mental strengths & discipline while facing realities of adulthood, & will resort to drug abuse to prep themselves up, eventually losing their critical cognitive functions & as contributors to society. Should govts allow psychoactive drugs to be made freely & readily available, & legal, by distributors & manufacturers of such vile substances?

Is this a Human Right that UNHRC members - Morris Tidball-Binz, Priya Gopalan, Matthew Gillett, Ganna Yudkivska , Miriam Estrada-Castillo, Mumba Malila, Margaret Satterthw, Fernand de Varennes, and Olivier de Schutte seeks to dish upon Humanity's children, by their condemnation of our nation's Rule of Law over dangerous psychoactive drugs & its inherent traffickers?

If so, rest assured that the insignificant nobody me & others - local & international - WILL work with & thru UNICEF, to condemn the named UNHRC members, to ensure they are either sacked or replaced for their misguided & short-sighted condemnation of those whom only seek to protect Humanity, their kids & future generations mental health.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid sinkies don't even know you don't get a lawyer until your statement is recorded. What access? Sinkies have 3rd world brains